Digitek Vespa Diagnosis Tester Firmware Info
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:24 pm quote
I recently picked up one of the older style Piaggio diagnosis/readout boxes for a good price.

I wonder if anyone 'in the know' could tell me if the tester has the correct firmware program loaded to properly test my '07 GTS?

There are 4 different programs loaded in it, but it looks like the "Injection Marelli MIU" program is probably the correct one. I connected it to my GTS and was able to readout the ECU info. I've attached 2 screenshots showing the MIU software in the tester and my ECU info. Are these fully compatible?

Thank you in advance.

IMG_20160202_102502.jpg
Marelli MIU V. 1.77 Screenshot

IMG_20160202_104304.jpg
GTS ECU Info Screenshot

Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:45 pm quote
Your good to go, that is the correct firmware for your bike.

Hold on to that tool...think 'hens teeth'.

R
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:15 am quote
Eh?
Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:42 am quote
Thanks glasseye! I realize these Digitek tools are rare and that's why I snapped it up as soon as I saw it.

Any idea up to what newer year(s) this firmware will work with? Did they come out with new firmware for every model year or will this cover most anything with an Marelli MIU?

Anyone have the PC software to load other firmware? I can easily make interface cables and have an old laptop with a serial port that runs XP and DOS.

BTW, If anyone on Oahu needs help with a scan tool for their GTS, you can PM me.
glasseye wrote:
Your good to go, that is the correct firmware for your bike.

Hold on to that tool...think 'hens teeth'.

R
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:35 am quote
MIZ,, aloha from Waialua out on the North Shore. Cool find. So i see you don't go to Cycle City, also. There's a group of us over here who ride and do wrenching days. In fact we brought Glasseye and Rolf over here to show us how to work on the Vespa's years ago. Way before the You Tube explosion. Most have 200's with a few LX'S (me) a 250 and a few 300's. Shoot me a PM if you want to be on our email chain. We did a ride and lunch this past Saturday. Lot of our gang has moved back to the mainland but were still getting by. What do you ride. We saw a Matte Black 300 with orange stripes GTS SS on Saturday out past Sandy beach. Was that you?
Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:59 am quote
Quote:
Any idea up to what newer year(s) this firmware will work with? Did they come out with new firmware for every model year or will this cover most anything with an Marelli MIU?
The newest bike I have used the Digitek on is a 2013 gts300. Worked fine.
No idea about the injected 150s though, but it would not hurt to try.
Be careful trying to update that, the memory is erased every time it is updated so you would need every module on hand to reload it.
Piaggio has not updated or supported the Digitek for a few years.

R
Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:57 pm quote
Quote:
Be careful trying to update that, the memory is erased every time it is updated so you would need every module on hand to reload it.
Now there's an important detail.... Glad I'm asking the right person before fiddling with this thing too much. Probably best to leave it be until I'm confident I've got everything I need.

Does anyone happen to have a pinout or diagram for the Digitek DB15 port or PC-Digitek cable ? I just need to know which pins have the RS232 TX/RX and Ground.

Hi Judy! No, definitely not a CC customer here...those guys like to charge lots of $$$$. I've always done my own wrenching on my cars, trucks and scooters. My GTS is no exception. I just recently put the Polini 9 roller variator in and serviced the clutch and replaced the movable half of rear pulley. I actually bought this GTS from a military guy in Waialua back in 2011 or so. I live and ride in town and am close with 2 others who have a LX150 and GTS250. Mine is just a plain glossy black 07 GTS250 with a top case and windscreen, so that wasn't me you saw. I'll send you a PM with my email.
Lurker
Scarabeo 500
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:42 pm quote
Hi there mizzotch. Greetings from Poland! . Ive would like to ask how you changing softwere on your Digitek?? You say youve got 4 diffrent programs on your tester . Ive got soft only for two-stroke on mine but im not really sure , must try to change but dont know how.
Lurker
Vespa 300 gts
Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 am quote
Hi , can anybody share Digitek firmware for Vespas Gts
Hi , can anybody share Digitek firmware for Vespas Gts , MUI Marreli ecus

Arturas
arturas@tecshift.eu
Lurker
APRILIA 300I PIAGIIO 125 X8
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:17 am quote
digitek piaggio
Hello from Spain, we have discovered that it is possible to load the 5 soft on this machine without the disks or cables. It is done with an eprom programmer. We need someone to send us the miu de marelli, we could share the rest of the ones we have, I put pictures of the chip

chip.jpg

Vespa GTS300 Super
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:21 pm quote
Could someone please tell me how to work this Digitek thing? There is a cable in there with 2 connectors - 1 goes to the diagnostic terminal (under seat towards rear of bike). Where does the other one connect to? Please advise.
Lurker

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:07 am quote
mizzotch wrote:
Quote:
Now there's an important detail.... Glad I'm asking the right person before fiddling with this thing too much. Probably best to leave it be until I'm confident I've got everything I need.

Four years late but here is the pinout for the data cable. I was looking for it very long until a nice guy made photos of his cable for me. I only registered here to share with you so please donít be too strict with me for digging in old posts. Here it is.

Does anyone happen to have a pinout or diagram for the Digitek DB15 port or PC-Digitek cable ? I just need to know which pins have the RS232 TX/RX and Ground.

Hi Judy! No, definitely not a CC customer here...those guys like to charge lots of $$$$. I've always done my own wrenching on my cars, trucks and scooters. My GTS is no exception. I just recently put the Polini 9 roller variator in and serviced the clutch and replaced the movable half of rear pulley. I actually bought this GTS from a military guy in Waialua back in 2011 or so. I live and ride in town and am close with 2 others who have a LX150 and GTS250. Mine is just a plain glossy black 07 GTS250 with a top case and windscreen, so that wasn't me you saw. I'll send you a PM with my email.

A468C370-396B-494B-BACE-B44F5CD05FF5.jpeg

Lurker

Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:08 am quote
Here is the 15 pin side.

AE9B4BA2-92EC-456A-A164-44DD9E109A89.jpeg

Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1580s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0376s) ][ Debug on ]