OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Hey all,

I'm Jack and this is my introduction into Scootering. The interest in scooters started when my older brother turned 18 about 9 years ago and bought a post 2000 model PX, when I turned of age to ride I couldn't afford a Vespa so had to make do with an MTX125 before moving onto a Speedfight 100. Circa 2009-2010 I was riding around Lincoln, probably just to get some two stroke from D&J's when I noticed a hoard of scooters. I had to know what was going on so attempted to catch up and follow them about, I must have stood out like a sore thumb amongst them when I did catch up on a plastic ped. Ever since that day I've wanted to own one for myself.

As always sensible parents tell you to get a drivers license so as soon as I could afford to drive of course that came first. I ended up having a string of classic British cars with VW's thrown in for good measure (Not low on bags with stupid wheels and tyres) I spent as much time as I could learning how to turn a wrench on my mums driveway out in the rain, I'm still far from a professional, I decided that I needed my own space and moved all my things so I wasn't clogging up my parents and staining their bricks anymore, that was 5 years ago now.

One day back in early 2014(?) my brother came over for dinner one day and we were browsing eBay as you do, up pops a bare chassis with a few bits and bobs. A short while later we found ourselves out in the cold January rain, warming up my Triumph Toledo and removing the front seat so we could get the Vespa in the car. He sat behind me as if he was being chauffeured which must have looked odd to any people we passed who were glimpsing at a classic car, I imagine the site shortly after when we returned up the road was even weirder to those who peered in the window. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the hilarity and of us squeezing a vespa into the passenger compartment of a tiny old car I really wish I did, I'll bet the fella I bought the scooter off will never forget us.

I apologise for the first picture on the thread being of a car but if the guy who sold me the scooter is on the forum he will remember us straight away because this is what we took the scooter home in, probably the same for the guy in Cambridgeshire who sold me the engine. We threaded the frame through the rear door and stood it up where the front passenger seat should have been, if you were that way inclined you could have sat on it with your head and most of your body through the webasto roof.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/DSC_0024_zps0ba7267d.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Anyway let's get down to it. Here it is (was when I got it two years ago)

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/DSC_0002_zpsoctg6zr3.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/DSC_0003_zpstslcngq0.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/DSC_0004_zps4uzpweoa.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I didn't have any plans to start with, just see what I had to play with and what I needed to acquire. One of the main things being an engine, I picked up a 150cc because it was at a good price and complete which is always a good thing when you've never seen how one goes together before. Shortly after that my VW projects got in the way. Just before last Christmas I decided to pull my finger out thinking to myself I have to ride this thing... and soon!

I know it's a PX and some of my mods may not be to everyones tastes but I have always liked bare bones racer scoots with some classic highlights.

So I set about buying what is essentially an entirely new scooter now - no wonder SIP has just built a new warehouse!! Nuts, bolts, wires, cables, suspension, wheels and tyres, new electronics throughout including SIP gauges and new stator plate, you name it I've shotgunned it.

I haven't taken many pictures of the build because I just wanted to get it to a position where it runs and didn't really think people would like to see inside my puny workspace that has no electricity so no lighting.

As of around February, this is how it sat... I've done literally everything myself, I'm not 100% proud of the paint finish but hey ho that's what outdoors is like, perhaps next time round I'll get it done professionally because I am no longer buying parts, I want it to ride it before I make it "perfect" (in my eyes) It's hard to do much better when you can see how packed my garage space is...

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/1_zpsnksi7slh.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/2_zpsfutg7uze.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Since then, the handlebars have been finished entirely in blue all the chrome trim has been added around legshields and I'm trying to get a good pair of side panels because mine are rubbish, the centres of the wheels are now blue with the rims to be done in black. Lots of other old place holder bits like choke, helmet hanger and side panel thingys have been changed to nice ones (yes I know the number is Guy Martin's, I have mucho respect for that fella!)

I was thinking about changing my seat to a single long tan or black leather affair as I'm not totally sold on the twin but since I bought the twins first I suppose I should ride with them before I get rid of them haha!

So there you have it, I hope you like it. The engine is being downsized to a 125cc (I can't ride it otherwise and don't fancy a run in with Johnny Law) and will be registered as such. It will no doubt have an aftermarket exhaust added too. If I change the seat I'll probably swap the numbers on the front and side panels to black background ones of the same design before adding other small bits. I can't remember what brand the suspension is all I know is they are height adjustable ones nothing too fancy, not a clue what they ride like as I haven't ridden it yet. I'll be putting in all the small plastic parts that go in the handlebars to stop the cables from moving for the gears and clutch so I can set about adjusting them up.
⚠️ Last edited by Jackeria on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
Nice project! I'm not a fan of the solo seats on a P-series Vespa, but everything else looks good to my eyes. Well done.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, Mia, 2017 Vespa Primavera 70th Anniversary 150ie, Gabriella, 2017 GTS300 ABS
UTC quote
Cool project, well done. You don't say where you are; UK or the States?
@the_mocker avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2010 Orange S150

Ossessionato
@the_mocker avatar
2010 Orange S150
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
UK I'd say. Plenty of clues in the text and good luck finding one of those Triumphs in the US.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
The Mocker wrote:
pigletpilot wrote:
UK I'd say. Plenty of clues in the text and good luck finding one of those Triumphs in the US.
I thought the number plates would give it away I'm daaaaannn saaarrf now though go up north to visit my Pa a couple of times a year, I don't want to give exact location away as I've been a victim of attempted burglary in the past.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC quote
If I had taken a look at the registration plates it would have been obvious; sorry about that.
I have a friend with a very real sickness for those Triumphs. I sometimes think he is keen to own all that are left in NZ.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
More pieces to the puzzle

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/7CF7F7EB-1D17-417D-8133-45F2D445C7E1_zpsgmkg9hik.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
@sconner60123 avatar
UTC

Hooked
1962 VBB, 2005 PX150, Yamaha Vino 125's (3)

Hooked
@sconner60123 avatar
1962 VBB, 2005 PX150, Yamaha Vino 125's (3)
UTC quote
I LOVE the solo seats brother. Especially in red with the white piping. It makes the whole bike for me.

Just me, but I'd leave it as-is. Really nice contrast to the paint color.

If you do get rid of them, PM me and I'll take them off your hands for my PX
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
I've been busy, parts have been arriving, its literally all the small bits that make a scooter what it is. I got out of work at 6am this morning to go and have a fettle in the sunshine. More to order still. I'm waiting for the tool to remove the old fuel tap to arrive so I can get the SIP one in.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D0478882-AE05-4800-865D-D9EAE550CE8F_zpsgc7sflt7.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/3C383F40-0BB1-4AB4-9C1C-1B6D478372C5_zpsscdk1gh4.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CBEAE93A-88EE-40CD-A82B-71D4E38E3B59_zpsceffxz5y.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5FB501D0-2EC5-432F-B724-D0BCF7D08878_zps8zpiwtt5.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I collected new parcels on the way into work this evening

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/131_zpsqrw6wji4.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/12884490_10209454615949489_579806013_n_zpstwdl5kzy.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

my headlight has started to unseal around the edges, I'll try heating it up in the oven to get it to re-glue together. if not I'll be getting a new one, most of my riding/commuting will be done at night/darker hours apart from weekends.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
pigletpilot wrote:
If I had taken a look at the registration plates it would have been obvious; sorry about that.
I have a friend with a very real sickness for those Triumphs. I sometimes think he is keen to own all that are left in NZ.
If he does would you mind tell him to join the Triumph Toledo page on facebook, they're desperate to find more info about the cars in NZ and are trying to create a register of how many are left on the roads, there's a video circulating of a matt black one that's rotary powered doing crazy donuts that they're extremely interested in.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
I forgot some pics. If anyone has any tips please don't hesitate to let me know, when I put the stator back on I timed it to the mark it was set at when I took the old one off because it ran like that and didn't see any reason to change what "works" because you know.. it works. It wasn't until later I read on the internet that I discovered the "A" mark is for 200cc and the "I.T." mark is for 150cc and 125cc, so it couldn't have been running too well and was hidden by overfuelling or something, I didn't use the engine to go anywhere I simply got it going so I knew it worked a year ago then stripped the bike down. It's at the "I.T." mark as of now with new flywheel, stator and ignition units ready for new jets and final setup of wiring before being started again for the first time in a year.

You'll see below why I changed the stator.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/8734D156-B6CE-4347-AD29-0EFE7CFE08E9_zps3y4gfugl.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I just didn't have much faith in this keeping me going for prolonged periods of time it barely stuck out of the engine casing so was hard to do anything with.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/05CDBFBE-54B6-4D1E-B5D4-984355B259D8_zpsipw1utkw.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
You know when you can't wait to put new shiny bits on...

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/12026621_10209459661515625_1000772464_n_zpsj5jijmpn.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

There are matching numbers to go on side panels the same as the front.

Also I've been looking at resizing my images because they're huge is there a way to do that on here or do I have to resize everything on image hosting site.
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
Looking good, perhaps try a more vintage p range tail light?
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 01 ET2, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Save your old stator plate. The wiring on it can be trimmed off and new wire soldered onto the coils. Its an hour project for a rainy day and a working stator is invaluable when you're troubleshooting electrical problems.
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pigletpilot avatar
UTC quote
Jackeria wrote:
If he does would you mind tell him to join the Triumph Toledo page on facebook, they're desperate to find more info about the cars in NZ and are trying to create a register of how many are left on the roads, there's a video circulating of a matt black one that's rotary powered doing crazy donuts that they're extremely interested in.
I will mention it but suspect will get a negative response from him; doesn't do the Facebook thing. I will talk to one of his daughters and sons in law, they may be able to help.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
tipping the suede
never been a fan of chrome but hey ho ..... please put a better seat on .... if its a racer ya wanna slide back in the seat n with that ya sat bolt upright ..... ohh n lose that mahoooooosive rear light
@ricky_cantley avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 125GTR p125x p200

Hooked
@ricky_cantley avatar
Vespa 125GTR p125x p200
UTC quote
Looking good, what colour is the paint? And don't listen to bitza chrome is the way to go

Ricky
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
ricky cantley wrote:
Looking good, what colour is the paint? And don't listen to bitza chrome is the way to go

Ricky
Purists look away now

It's Ford Nordic Blue, the only reason there's so much of it is because I prefer stainless steel to rust or nasty cheap plastic parts I've had to source endlessly. The exhaust is getting heat-wrapped so won't stand out so much come the weekend.
@ricky_cantley avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa 125GTR p125x p200

Hooked
@ricky_cantley avatar
Vespa 125GTR p125x p200
UTC quote
More polished alloy than chrome on my scoot but a ford paint also,
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
I like chrome too as long as you don't go silly. I didn't like how the black went with the blue on mine so replaced as much as I could with chrome/stainless or white. Changed rubbers, seat, exhaust, flywheel cover, floor mat, spare wheel cover, etc.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
ricky cantley wrote:
More polished alloy than chrome on my scoot but a ford paint also,
Looks great, I imagine that's the orange I see Focus ST's in? I'm pretty much at the limit of how much bling there is or ever will be other than perhaps a rear flat rack for luggage purposes when I stay away anywhere.

In other news, my brother and I have signed up to the Distinguished Gentleman's ride in London at the end of September so I have a finish date to aim for (though it should be waaaay before then really)

Has anyone been before?

More updates to come
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
I work nights so am accustomed to being awoken sometimes by noisy traffic, this was by far the loudest it's ever been...

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/2_zpspmabbamj.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

By this point it was already late in the day/about time I woke up and got some housework done... this turned into me walking across town to my garage. Moved the car out so it could warm up for the first time this month and called the guys at my local garage that I was ready for pickup.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/3_zpscn0vid19.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

The bike got taken here. They said they struggled to take the cylinder off without taking the engine out, which is something I never struggled with when I changed the cylinder base gasket a few months ago but hey ho, it's a 125cc now.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/4_zpsfrzuqffk.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Hopefully legally too.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/5_zpsf2jb4m5e.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I've kept the 150cc gubbins as it's in perfect condition. I am now having trouble getting the bike to start. I have spark, stator is timed up to the mark it should be perfectly. I have fuel for sure as I can see it spraying down with each kick and spark plug gets very wet after a while, all jets are clean and there are no air leaks on carb gaskets because I have checked, replaced and sealed them. Jets are as follows. 100main, BE5, 140 air corrector, idle is standard which I'm sure is the same for both 125 and 150cc.

I know I have my sidestand on the wrong side which means the engine could flood when sat, I drained the crank casing with a bit of tube and gravity then sprayed in some "quick start" and it runs on that, just then seems to die once that has effectively run out, reckon its my float setting? Seems odd as the bike worked before and never had this issue, I also never took that part of the carb apart. Filters are also clean. Excuse the messy garage and chop blocks, I'm still waiting on my proper connector to appear from China.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/6_zpsks9mxozu.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I turned screws out to 1+1/2 turns and 2+1/2 turns out respectively then adjusted each one singularly at a time to try and get a cough, nothing. I'm going to advance the timing back to the 200cc mark as it was with old stator as the bike started straight up every time then. I'll let you know how that goes when I have time.
@v_oodoo avatar
UTC

Style Maven
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150

Style Maven
@v_oodoo avatar
'74 50s x3 '78 P200 E '84 Cosa '91 PK50XL2 - & - '58 AllState '68 Sprint '66(?) Super125 and '72 DanMotor Super150
UTC quote
Don't care for glittery pipes, look crap when they catch oil & road grime that shows right away. So I like your idea to wrap it. Nice work so far but I assume this headlite thing was just a passing fancy?

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

If not, you better head over here Lots of this in Portland...

You're right about the side stand, but it can be modified so your bike is more upright and the problem goes away. I'll bet your plug is wet if you look. What happens is the float bowl slowly overflows into the intake and now you're flooded. Be SURE you close the tap when parked & for now you can put a block or brick under the stand.

The same thing happened to me on a P200 that I modified the stand to also be on the 'wrong' side. Sometimes if parked in the sun & forgetting to close the fuel tap , I'd blow a pint of gas out the muffler before it started on the 50th kick. I like it better on the right because the bike isn't always falling over. The fix was extending and changing the angle of the stand so the bike stands straight up like on the stock centerstand. Still won't go over easy because of the motor weight on the stand.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
no lean to the right

Also, beautiful Mk II. Is it a 4door GT(the pic of the rear was a bit small & blurry)??? W/ turbo added? Did you know you can schlep your Vespa around in it and save your old Triumph for classier work? I have a stock '92 Mk III GT I haul mine around in. Not too hard, front & rear passengerside seats out & load backwards thru front door with front window all the way down so it doesn't catch a handlebar.
smallframes are easy, wifey behind me & tons of luggage behind Vespa
smallframes are easy, wifey behind me & tons of luggage behind Vespa
but here's a giant Cosa squeezed in w/ lots of room behind for:
both pulled car seats
removed front wheel off the scoot
had to pull the kickstarter too and
loading ramps and still enough room back there for a dozen racoons.
but here's a giant Cosa squeezed in w/ lots of room behind for: both pulled car seats removed front wheel off the scoot had to pull the kickstarter too and loading ramps and still enough room back there for a dozen racoons.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
My problem is my garage is so tight with the car in there (tools,vr6 engine, engine crane, wheels and other assorted golf parts) and the Vespa I don't have enough room really, the bike leans against the car so the door can shut and lock with no room to spare. The tape was functional at the time because the glass was delaminating from the housing as I wrote above. Though I quite like it, what're you gunna do about it?

With regards to that link and the overall style of my scooter, I have no issue with being labelled a hipster. All I know is I'm cool as fuck compared to my friends who have no interests other than FB, Netflix and retweeting fake statements, my woman likes me for that... atleast that's what she tells me anyway it's interesting how accurate the little table was to that of the videos. I don't see a problem with having an interest in "authenticity" when the world around you is mostly digital or covered by computers. Enjoy high streets whilst you can lads!

The triumph was the only car I had at the time because daddy doesn't finance my life. I ended up buying a t5 s70 Volvo to be my ferry for a while before going all out on the golf, I sold the triumph on in early 2015. It was a base model 1.3 now with a 20vt engine from a Leon Cupra R having had some nice detail and power work done, here it is at cars and coffee last December looking it's best.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/7_zps4naczwqq.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Im collecting bits to make it even better.

Anyway back to the scooter, I do turn the tap off when left and tried the timing back again and still nothing so when I get time and it's not raining, I'll revert it back, new plug, drain crank again, leave the plug out over night or for a few days to help air it out and go from there.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Whilst I await registration documents to be sorted so I can insure/MOT the bike.

It would appear the above worked because I have managed to get it running, first kick too Had a ride for the first time ever up and down the garages, feels great! A wiring hiccup has become apparent because my brake pedal turns the light off not on but heyho I'll check it over another day. Getting there bit by bit.

It's early days to see if its running rich/lean but the spark has started to turn a good shade of brown after running for 30mins. I'll have a read about how to setup the idle/mix screws properly now its running.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
So lets get started with the wiring shall we, looks like I have got some earthing issues.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/05F0117A-80C9-4E71-B2BB-EE4106752701_zpsn9xpnwcc.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

The yellow on the far right.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/8301E2DB-62B9-40B4-A794-2DD57FB80F80_zpsnt3xcc3g.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Can you see the break in the wire cover at the end of the black cover?

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/AA6214E2-0855-4645-9524-8807BBFA4D5C_zps67dtqsaq.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

a break here...

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/D2B6D1DB-7576-496E-A89D-AC1DA02D444B_zpsvpbq7yva.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Replaced the old one I had with this...

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/6D66D3A2-D470-44DE-8A3A-D21665F49891_zpszb9smyag.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

All back together, everything's working as it should now lights wise, my sip speedo is just flashing rather than staying on even though it's wired as advised for AC current with both red/brown wires connected to light power and black well earthed. I'll have another look into that some other time.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/A4AA1C76-8595-4E3E-B939-034A957243C0_zps4c5cmwrx.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Sorry about filming in landscape but my Ipad wouldn't stay stood up in landscape...

OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Interesting developments... so sometimes it's on and works fine, sometimes it's in a continual loop of on and off... looks like I'll be searching for yet another earthing issue somewhere further down the line. The astute of you may notice a little bracket below which will be home to a Castrol can which I'll put 2 stroke oil in and a tool roll under, yeah tool box would have been obvious solution, but I think this will look good when the leather strap turns up.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/13150050_10209872503236410_240519651_n_zpsmlxapdad.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/13115631_10209872116866751_241162910_n_zpsivcmokep.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
Where did you get the oil bottle holder man? I could use something like that on cutdown.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
joshzingzing wrote:
Where did you get the oil bottle holder man? I could use something like that on cutdown.
I bought it on eBay from Jon1739, made for lambretta but in reality fits the Vespa by using two standard holes lower down and creating two new ones up top after bending the top two mounting points inwards a little bit, I'm unsure if they're made to order but mine came within a couple of days.

And mine on my scoot with strap.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FAABA5C8-CF84-4F9F-81B4-2E2354EFC924_zpsyisssexm.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

I'm going to get some small indicators for the rear and get the bike in for an mot, finding early panels in great shape can wait because I've had an idea for the ones I got with my bike which involves carbon fibre, I've experimented before on small bits which turned out OK so I'll have a play one large twill arrives.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/5_zps3k8gpsq5.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
UTC

UTC quote
Jackeria wrote:
With regards to that link and the overall style of my scooter, I have no issue with being labelled a hipster. All I know is I'm cool as fuck compared to my friends who have no interests other than FB, Netflix and retweeting fake statements, my woman likes me for that... atleast that's what she tells me anyway it's interesting how accurate the little table was to that of the videos. I don't see a problem with having an interest in "authenticity" when the world around you is mostly digital or covered by computers. Enjoy high streets whilst you can lads!

There is no crime in being the type of person hipsters want to be.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Today it was thunder and lightning around these parts but that didn't deter me from going down to the garage.

I lifted the tank, checked all the wiring through the frame and earths at the rear, checked connections to flasher relay, coil and rectifier all good. I took off the Horncasting, handlebars and footbrake so I could see if there were any more shorts down there. Everything looked good no breaks in any wires, I crushed some connecters so they fit even more snugly than they did before.

Turned the bike on and it appeared to work though the low fuel warning light is flashing even though the tank is full and the connector was definitely connected up right as it only goes on one way.

I buttoned everything back up as quick as I could as dark clouds were coming over again. At around 5pm I was shoed from my garage by a lady who was putting her 6 year old to bed, bit early, poor kid? Oh well I'm a nice guy so packed in the noise which was only made for a matter of minutes so I could check voltages here and there as well as do the video for here, so couldn't get anything else done really without upsetting her further. Problems of having a batteryless bike strike already... first time anyone's ever complained in the 6 years I've been there but I guess it must get grinding when 7/10 of the garages are owned by people who work on their cars.

Before I noticed her I happened to see the gauge doing it's flickering restart thing again. The earth and power connections couldn't get any better so I'm really unsure of the issue now.

I'll stick the original gauge on for MOT now the paper work has come and then swap it back afterwards for fettling.

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/0eea69c4-44fc-4a40-ac7b-f0c4cb75ee98_zpstygla7jb.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
I walked the scooter a mile to a business park car park because it's early and you know...but I need to get this sorted

Here is my issue

@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
Jackeria wrote:
I walked the scooter a mile to a business park car park because it's early and you know...but I need to get this sorted

Here is my issue

Do you have a resistor spark plug?
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
do you have a resistor spark plug?[/quote]

Not as far as I'm aware, I don't have resistive cap either. I just had a read, do you think that'll effect the electronics that much?
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
Jackeria wrote:
do you have a resistor spark plug?
Not as far as I'm aware, I don't have resistive cap either. I just had a read, do you think that'lll effect the electronics that much?[/quote]

Yes. Put in an r plug
⬆️    About 27 days elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
R plug fitted, new speedo gear fitted, I haven't touched the bike for a month, I did my CBT two weeks ago which was fun. I haven't put the sip gauge back on yet but I will in time.

I just have to work out a neutral switch now as I don't have one at all, and I'm unsure about it being an MOT fail, though I can't find any regulations about it. Figure out why my new AC horn (last one didn't work because it was DC) sounds like a duck hah it's loud just sounds exactly like this but louder and revs affect it, headset apart again... :/

I could always fit a battery operated one and figure it out later? hmmm Tighten up the brakes a bit and she'll be off to the land of MOT station.
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
I've been busy prepping for an imminent house move which will mean my garage is no longer across town That has meant I haven't really had time to fettle just recently either though. I adjusted the brakes and fit a battery powered horn, MOT is tomorrow eeeeeeek!

Have the most recent picture I've taken as solace for little updates!

[URL=http://s836.photobucket.com/user/The_Jakeria/media/13555684_10210354234279385_1277372515_o_zpsgku7sv8i.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]
OP
@jackeria avatar
UTC

P150X

@jackeria avatar
P150X
UTC quote
Would you believe me if I said it passed, totally stoked, it's time to get the miles racked up now!
@charles92027 avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
P125

Enthusiast
@charles92027 avatar
P125
UTC quote
I like it without the side panels.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.2554s ][ Queries: 45 (0.1422s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]