BV250 (USA) upgrade to Cruiser rear rack
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
2006 BV 250
Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 am quote
Just picked up a 2006 BV250 (a seemingly rare model year for this scoot, pre-EFI, too), and haven't been too impressed with the rear rack - it looks nice, but it's all-plastic. I noticed that the Beverly Cruisers use the exact same frame, but feature an updated tubular rack - comparison of both designs here:

^The BV250 Rear Rack (USA & Tourer models)

^The Beverly 250 Cruiser Rear Rack

It's hard to tell whether the mounts on each side are metal or plastic, but I hope that, either way, it will be a stronger supporting mechanism for a top case, and also the occasional event when I strap a 40-lb backpack behind me for a wilderness backpacking trip.

I searched long and hard, but haven't seen anyone making this swap, but I finally found a Cruiser rack for sale in Italy at a somewhat reasonable price on ebay ($45 + $45 shipping to USA), so I'm going to give it a shot.

The other great benefit of this mod will be greater options for top cases, as the Givi Monokey premium cases do not provide a mounting option for the BV250 (Touring) models, but are compatible with the Cruiser luggage rack. This fact implicitly confirms my belief that the Cruiser tail rack is stronger, but the proof is in the pudding. Despite the new-found Givi offerings, I'm going with a Shad SH-40 Cargo case, as I like the design better than the Givi options.

I'll update as my new loot arrives.
Lurker
BV200
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:08 pm quote
:shock:
can you post a link to this rear rack? do you know if it'll fit the 2003 bv 200
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.1133s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0388s) ][ Debug on ]