Fuoco/mp3 500 ignition key remote seat opening problem
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:52 pm quote
I very carefully removed all the plastic below the seat and the cover over the petrol tank (and what a right pain in the bum piaggio made of it) this was to weld on some mounts to the frame for rear crash bobbins (frame sliders?) as i have dropped the fuoco twice at zero mph and it's a pain in the bum repainting the panels .While i did this i set the valve clearances so that was a bonus.After replacing everthing i have a problem in that i can open the seat using the key in the ignition by pushing it down and turning the key but i cannot open the seat remotely by pushing the button on the key. When i do push the button i hear the "electric motor?"working but it do'es not pull on the cable at the seat catch end. It was working perfectly before i removed the plastics. I was very carefull and don't remember pulling on the seat catch cables any more than i had to to remove them from the catch and for that matter they are cable tied to the bike frame so i don't think they were moved at all. I have looked in the workshop manual but i can't see were the "electric motor ? " is situated all i can hear is that it seems to be around the front of the petrol tank maybe.I have looked at the parts list but that is as bad as the workshop manual ,there is one part that has a spring illustrated in front of it but i'm not sure if this is were my problem is or not. I have tried searching for more info on here but come up with nothing yet. Any help appreciated especialy a photo showing where the "electric motor" is situated .
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:07 am quote
Anybody????

Seat will not open by pushing remote key button BUT i can here the "motor"?? for it working. Both of the cables are attached correctly at the seat catch. I can open the seat by pushing the key in the ignition and turning it. Any help appreciated.Especially a photo of the "motor "?? that the cable must be attached too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni
Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:10 am quote
Check under left bottom side cover under the floor boards. That is where the servo is that actuates the cable to unlock the seat.
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:00 am quote
Thanks for quick reply.Is the cable attached to a spring ? as theres a illustration on the parts list showing something the servo?? with a spring attachment.Also how easy is it to get under the foot board as i have tried before to get the underside of the footboard off and i have to admit i gave up ,which is not like me as i do not like to be beaten.
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm quote
Just a update to my posting as web-tec said the servo for the remote key opening on the fuoco/mp3 is under the left hand footboard at the front end .To get at it to reconnect the cable to the spring that is connected to the servo means you have to remove the plastic undersheild under the footboard. This is a right pain in the ---- and then when you have done that you will find it's impossible to reconect the cable to the spring even to remove the servo is a problem. My solution was to cut 2 holes with rotary hole cutters in the plastic footboard one above the spring /cable connection and one above the servo that way it's easy peasy if you ever have to visit these areas again. The holes i covered up with wide isulation tape (Or i could have stuck the the cutouts back in with some hot glue) then just refitted the alloy footplates. If i knew how to post photos i would show them.
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:02 am quote
I know its 4 years since i asked about my problem but i did say i would post some photo's .Took them while i was doing all that swearing replacing the parking brake cable Better late than never

fuoco and zundapp 021.JPG

fuoco and zundapp 020.JPG

Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1815s ][ Queries: 28 (0.0277s) ][ Debug on ]