Vespa LX 125 (2005) Spark plug and cap
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Vespa LX 125
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:06 am quote
Hi everyone. Last week on my commute home, my Vespa lost power on the last leg of my journey. I suspected it might be the spark plug and sure enough when I checked, the cap had come away from the plug. I tried fitting it back expecting it to click into position on the plug but there was no click. So it is just sitting on the plug and will come off again in bumpy conditions. Two questions to those in the know: (1) should it click into place? and (2) the cap has a long pin which I assume goes into the top of the pug - is that correct or has it broken off of the plug? Many thanks in advance!!! Queeve.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:22 am quote
On my GT200 I had this happen recently. On mine, the top of the plug was loose but didn't break off. It sounds like, on yours, the tip of the plug has broken off and is stuck in the cap.

First replace the plug.

If you can't get the tip of the plug out of the cap, then you will need ro replace the cap too.

The cap should solidly click onto the plug.
Lurker
Vespa LX 125
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:03 am quote
Thanks! That is exactly what I suspected so will give it a go.......Cheers!
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2324s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0374s) ][ Debug on ]