today i ..... bollox 2.1
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...6364656667Next
Author Message
Style Maven
74 50s x3 78 P200 84 Cosa PK50XL2 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special '66(?) Super125
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 7855
Location: seattle/athens
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:22 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
Roliver1972 wrote:
Tacking it up
i did this today, i found a laying p series glovebox in the junkyard so i think why not, but at the moment it still didnt have a lock, will figure it out someday

Until then stay safe and cheer guys


Nice one Ebeth!

And dammit, I got a lock for you!
I shoulda been in Seattle and shoulda been a week ago to send Tierney for you...
Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 406
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:55 am quote
Well today whilst waiting for more parts to arrive.

I made a throttle wheel from a gear selector wheel for a frends P Series

took me about 30 mins and has a much greater travel which will allow his 30mm to be operated more easily and open fully
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:51 pm quote
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Well today whilst waiting for more parts to arrive.

I made a throttle wheel from a gear selector wheel for a frends P Series

took me about 30 mins and has a much greater travel which will allow his 30mm to be operated more easily and open fully
Did you make a stop for it as well? I did this the other day but wondering about the stop.
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:53 pm quote
you can just tap a bolt into it to act as a stop. Otherwise, the gear cable will fray and eventually break when it's backed down past idle.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:40 pm quote
chandlerman wrote:
you can just tap a bolt into it to act as a stop. Otherwise, the gear cable will fray and eventually break when it's backed down past idle.
What, like a nylon bolt or something?
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:04 pm quote
I installed an oversized SIP throttle pulley for my PWK, but it didn't have any sort of stop on it. I drilled and tapped the throttle pulley so I could screw a random M5 bolt into it so it protruded to the right. There's a stop built into the headset that the stock pulley hits.

I don't have a photo of it, but if you look at a stock P-series throttle pulley, it has a knob on the right hand side that acts as the stop.

here's some bad photoshopping to hopefully better illustrate what I did

Throttle Pulley.png

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2026
Location: Veria, Greece
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 pm quote
chandlerman wrote:
I drilled and tapped the throttle pulley so I could screw a random M5 bolt into it so it protruded to the right.
Did exactly the same on my P...

C150C597-BF12-4596-83B0-D5EC70CAEA57.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:18 pm quote
Yes that's what I was imagining, I suppose it can still be tapped even though it's nylon or something.

The one in the Super operating a PWK is one like both of yours, but without a stop due to having very very little room in there, so I've learned to live with it. But this P project has tons of room!

[/url]
Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 406
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:14 am quote
Seems like everyone beat me to answering

yes i made a stop, drilled a 5mm hole and placed a 4mm high tensile bolt with a washer either side and a nyloc to complete.... these were what i had to hand.

all the other options to do this by everyone else are valid and show the excellent creativity of peoples problem solving skills when presented with the same conundrum
Ginch wrote:
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Well today whilst waiting for more parts to arrive.

I made a throttle wheel from a gear selector wheel for a frends P Series

took me about 30 mins and has a much greater travel which will allow his 30mm to be operated more easily and open fully
Did you make a stop for it as well? I did this the other day but wondering about the stop.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:38 pm quote
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Seems like everyone beat me to answering

yes i made a stop, drilled a 5mm hole and placed a 4mm high tensile bolt with a washer either side and a nyloc to complete.... these were what i had to hand.

all the other options to do this by everyone else are valid and show the excellent creativity of peoples problem solving skills when presented with the same conundrum
Ginch wrote:
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Well today whilst waiting for more parts to arrive.

I made a throttle wheel from a gear selector wheel for a frends P Series

took me about 30 mins and has a much greater travel which will allow his 30mm to be operated more easily and open fully
Did you make a stop for it as well? I did this the other day but wondering about the stop.
Cheers GR!
Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2026
Location: Veria, Greece
Tue May 05, 2020 1:01 pm quote
First batch is ready...

IMG_0451.JPG

Ossessionato
2015 GTS300, 1974 Primavera, 04 Ninja 250
Joined: 04 Apr 2013
Posts: 4438
Location: San Diego, CA
Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm quote
Had the smallie out for the first time in months, had a good ride.

3DCB71D8-B469-41CC-BEC1-7E2933FA76E1.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a red lipstick '74 sprint
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5706
Location: Indo
Thu May 14, 2020 9:38 am quote
I am testing Mr. Tony newest prototype homemade smallie front shock.. Its a whole lot better then my previous bicycle shock

Cross my fingers this one will last longer

Stay safe and cheer guys

IMG-20200514-WA0014.jpg

Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 406
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
Sat May 16, 2020 8:15 am quote
always impressed with the ingenuity of your posts
koenig blues wrote:
I am testing Mr. Tony newest prototype homemade smallie front shock.. Its a whole lot better then my previous bicycle shock

Cross my fingers this one will last longer

Stay safe and cheer guys
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a red lipstick '74 sprint
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5706
Location: Indo
Sat May 16, 2020 9:17 pm quote
Thanks Brother G, i am just trying my best to make the vespa keep on going ehatever it takes

Have a nice sunday, stay safe and cheer
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Sun May 17, 2020 2:59 pm quote
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.

My new smallie.jpg

Hooked
P Series / Li / LML / Motobi
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 406
Location: UK - 3rd Rock From the Sun
Mon May 18, 2020 8:05 am quote
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
I will be watching the progress thread on this one with interest!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon May 18, 2020 2:43 pm quote
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
I will be watching the progress thread on this one with interest!
Cheers GR. It originally comes from up your way too. Maidstone? It was brought to Aus privately (as all but a few were) and found it's way to Melbourne, where the previous owner backed his car into it. Hence the "customisation".
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2637

Mon May 18, 2020 2:51 pm quote
Ginch wrote:
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
I will be watching the progress thread on this one with interest!
Cheers GR. It originally comes from up your way too. Maidstone? It was brought to Aus privately (as all but a few were) and found it's way to Melbourne, where the previous owner backed his car into it. Hence the "customisation".
"brought to Aus"...by way of flat rate shipping?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon May 18, 2020 2:56 pm quote
whodatschrome wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Gravelrash2004 wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
I will be watching the progress thread on this one with interest!
Cheers GR. It originally comes from up your way too. Maidstone? It was brought to Aus privately (as all but a few were) and found it's way to Melbourne, where the previous owner backed his car into it. Hence the "customisation".
"brought to Aus"...by way of flat rate shipping?
Dad joke alert!

Think she may have been a little more fulsome at that stage!
Hooked
1964 GS160, 1966 90ss, 1976 Sprint Veloce
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 334

Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 pm quote
May want to check the compression.
Member
Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Posts: 26
Location: RI
Mon May 18, 2020 3:08 pm quote
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
unless you need it to change the pad on the buffer, you're not going to need that allen wrench.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon May 18, 2020 3:30 pm quote
jape wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
unless you need it to change the pad on the buffer, you're not going to need that allen wrench.
I was going to put in a joke about buying it at Ikea...but didn't.
Member
Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Posts: 26
Location: RI
Mon May 18, 2020 4:38 pm quote
I picked up on the flat pack joke too (all flat pack items ship with an allen wrench) but I thought it'll buff out was the winner!
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2637

Mon May 18, 2020 8:50 pm quote
Here’s a shop tool that might be appropriate....

A3AC4ABC-F5A6-4DF9-950B-EFD23C1B8F78.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue May 19, 2020 1:01 am quote
whodatschrome wrote:
Here’s a shop tool that might be appropriate....
Looks great - perhaps that's how it got into the flat pack? Thinking I may need the opposite - this is the right colour too!

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a red lipstick '74 sprint
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5706
Location: Indo
Tue May 19, 2020 12:41 pm quote
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
this look like it been step by a cyclops feet, whats the story Brother G

Today i trying to make a vespa cafe racer screen out of busted helmet

IMG-20200520-WA0013.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue May 19, 2020 2:27 pm quote
koenig blues wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
this look like it been step by a cyclops feet, whats the story Brother G
The previous owner squashed it behind his car!
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Tue May 19, 2020 2:31 pm quote
Ginch wrote:
koenig blues wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Picked up a new project on the weekend - a flat-pack smallframe. Fortunately it came with both of the tools I'll need to finish it off.
this look like it been step by a cyclops feet, whats the story Brother G
The previous owner squashed it behind his car!
Was his other car a bulldozer?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm quote
Ha ha! I have no idea but apparently it was in his garage and he just backed into it and squashed it. The spine looks perfect though, which is the important bit of course.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a red lipstick '74 sprint
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5706
Location: Indo
Wed May 20, 2020 9:49 am quote
Does my bike look like a cafe racer now

And today i also test fit my front 12 inchi wheel that i fix to be allign.in the center, but i forget to change the tyre so the 120-70 sit so close to the fender, even my finger cant get trough, next on the list is to fix my pink vespa centerstand to be taller by 1cm to accomade the tall front tyre

Hope u all like my backyard mods and cheer

IMG-20200521-WA0019.jpg
Make Bitsa proud

IMG-20200521-WA0004.jpg
To tall for the centerstand

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86, a not so normal pts100 '82 and a red lipstick '74 sprint
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5706
Location: Indo
Fri May 22, 2020 6:48 am quote
Finishing my windshield

IMG-20200522-WA0052.jpg
Peacock head :lol:

Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Sat May 23, 2020 9:45 am quote
I'd noticed that shifting was not a smooth as it should be of late, so I pulled the clutch cover to see what might be going on.

And I found it. One clutch plate was basically sheared off and a second was starting to wear.

My EGT is supposed to arrive today, so now I have to decide if I want to drop in a stock 22t clutch that I have lying around and have to re-do it once the new BGM plates arrive, or just wait for the new plates.

As of right now, I'm leaning toward waiting for the new plates and maybe working on putting the VBB's motor back together instead.

This is the problem with fast scooters...they have fast scooter problems.

IMG_20200523_085210.jpg

IMG_20200523_085551.jpg

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2026
Location: Veria, Greece
Sat May 23, 2020 9:53 am quote
Typical. Put some CR plates in there...
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Sat May 23, 2020 11:53 am quote
SaFiS wrote:
Typical. Put some CR plates in there...
This is one of the older Superstrong's that takes cosa2 plates.
Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2026
Location: Veria, Greece
Sat May 23, 2020 12:16 pm quote
chandlerman wrote:
This is one of the older Superstrong's that takes cosa2 plates.
If the ID is 108mm, here you go...
https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/clutch+friction+plates+sip_93081800
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2801
Location: Chicago. Well, Evanston, but that's almost Chicago
Sat May 23, 2020 12:23 pm quote
Thanks for the link, SaFis!

I already have some cosa2 plates in the mail from scooter-speed, but those are on my notepad for my next SIP order
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Sun May 24, 2020 7:02 pm quote
So what's with the SIP "CR80" plates? For whatever reason they are so much wider in the friction area than actual CR80 plates. According to the theory, the narrower plates allow a given spring to exert more pressure between friction and steel plates.





Some of these things are not like the others...
Molto Verboso
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Joined: 26 Jan 2019
Posts: 1739
Location: california
Sun May 24, 2020 9:31 pm quote
Oh man - I am so confused - but glad this convo posted.
I have a Super Strong on the suggestion of many here.
No clue what plates I should have on the shelf to replace when these wear out.
Dragging sidecar around on higher power - suspect I will need an answer to that question.

What is the word on best plates for the modern Super Stong then?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7879
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon May 25, 2020 12:42 am quote
CM

Clipboard01.jpg

Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...6364656667Next
[ Time: 0.4247s ][ Queries: 27 (0.1983s) ][ Debug on ]