today i ..... bollox 2.1
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...707172
Author Message
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2974
Location: Nashville
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:42 pm quote
I have this one , which is crazy bright and has held up well for a couple years.
Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2143
Location: Veria, Greece
Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:37 pm quote
swiss1939 wrote:
Can you share the link for this? I'm game for a $30 led headlight!
Here you go. It got pricier though (it was on discount till yesterday)...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006979843.html
Hooked
1978 P150X; 1982 P200e
Joined: 18 Jul 2010
Posts: 459
Location: Toronto
Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:11 am quote
SaFiS wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
Can you share the link for this? I'm game for a $30 led headlight!
Here you go. It got pricier though (it was on discount till yesterday)...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006979843.html
These all look great. Anything special needs to be done to mount on a P series w battery?
Addicted
P125X, P200E
Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 764
Location: Fresno, CA
Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:27 pm quote
Quote:
These all look great. Anything special needs to be done to mount on a P series w battery?
I'd like to see the answer to this too. My 1980 P200 (Spermy) is bone stock but I'd be interested in upgrading to an LED headlight. I'd like something close to Plug & Play but I'm guessing the headlight would have to be converted to DC. How would I do that? What else?
Hooked
1963 Vespa VBB, 1965 Allstate Cruisaire, 1974 Vespa Super, 2003 Stella 2T
Joined: 31 Jan 2016
Posts: 109
Location: Kansas City
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:44 pm quote
Painted a picture.

SmartSelect_20210105-201823_Gallery.jpg

Moderator
VNB VSC VBC VSX
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Hustletown, TX
Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:02 pm quote
Rad.
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2891

Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:
These all look great. Anything special needs to be done to mount on a P series w battery?
I'd like to see the answer to this too. My 1980 P200 (Spermy) is bone stock but I'd be interested in upgrading to an LED headlight. I'd like something close to Plug & Play but I'm guessing the headlight would have to be converted to DC. How would I do that? What else?
It would be difficult on an early P series. From what Iíve found, it canít really be done on a double yellow wire stator. Or maybe it can, but you would also have to swap over to a single yellow wire wire harness? https://scooterlab.uk/convert-your-ac-ignition-to-full-dc-for-pennies-workshop/

Option B is to just wire in an AC to DC converter right before the headlight. PK125 XL disc brake and LED headlight conversion
Ossessionato
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 61 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 86 & 96 Elite 80s, 2015 HD Road Glide Special, 2011 Ural Tourist
Joined: 18 Jan 2012
Posts: 3843
Location: Oceanside, CA
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:24 pm quote
whodatschrome wrote:
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:
These all look great. Anything special needs to be done to mount on a P series w battery?
I'd like to see the answer to this too. My 1980 P200 (Spermy) is bone stock but I'd be interested in upgrading to an LED headlight. I'd like something close to Plug & Play but I'm guessing the headlight would have to be converted to DC. How would I do that? What else?
It would be difficult on an early P series. From what Iíve found, it canít really be done on a double yellow wire stator. Or maybe it can, but you would also have to swap over to a single yellow wire wire harness? https://scooterlab.uk/convert-your-ac-ignition-to-full-dc-for-pennies-workshop/

Option B is to just wire in an AC to DC converter right before the headlight. PK125 XL disc brake and LED headlight conversion
You could also tap into the DC wires at the keyswitch. Tie in a jumper to the left side light switch and youíre good to go. Clean DC right off the battery.
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2891

Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:12 pm quote
MJRally wrote:
whodatschrome wrote:
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:
These all look great. Anything special needs to be done to mount on a P series w battery?
I'd like to see the answer to this too. My 1980 P200 (Spermy) is bone stock but I'd be interested in upgrading to an LED headlight. I'd like something close to Plug & Play but I'm guessing the headlight would have to be converted to DC. How would I do that? What else?
It would be difficult on an early P series. From what Iíve found, it canít really be done on a double yellow wire stator. Or maybe it can, but you would also have to swap over to a single yellow wire wire harness? https://scooterlab.uk/convert-your-ac-ignition-to-full-dc-for-pennies-workshop/

Option B is to just wire in an AC to DC converter right before the headlight. PK125 XL disc brake and LED headlight conversion
You could also tap into the DC wires at the keyswitch. Tie in a jumper to the left side light switch and youíre good to go. Clean DC right off the battery.
...make it simple whydontcha
Hooked
1972 Vespa GTR, 1963 Lambretta LI 125
Joined: 05 Nov 2018
Posts: 153
Location: Halifax, England
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:38 pm quote
Chatis wrote:
Painted a picture.
I'm liking that. Well done.
Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2974
Location: Nashville
Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:52 pm quote
My neighbor across the alley hooked me up with a motorcycle lift for $20 today. And my missing second roll of flooring finally showed up, so I'll get that down and be able to finish unpacking the new workshop.

And I'm going to take Jim's P200 motor off his hands so I can build a Kill-Myself-Fast motor.

All-in-all, not a bad day for this scooterist.

PXL_20210106_164027769.jpg
Hey buddy! Need a lift?

Member
p125x, v90
Joined: 16 Jul 2014
Posts: 30
Location: seattle
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:51 pm quote
stumbled across this on instagram today. Almost didnt notice the engine(s)

https://www.instagram.com/donganz_redscooter/
[/img]

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 2.48.09 PM.png

Ossessionato
76 Sprint V, 63 GL, 62 VBB, 05 Stella
Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 2974
Location: Nashville
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm quote
mor_ wrote:
stumbled across this on instagram today. Almost didnt notice the engine(s)

https://www.instagram.com/donganz_redscooter/
[/img]
It looks like a whole subculture. It's like the aesthetic opposite of the crazy 20-wheeled, crew-operated multi-engine Vespas we usually see.

I like it
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:47 am quote
chandlerman wrote:
My neighbor across the alley hooked me up with a motorcycle lift for $20 today. And my missing second roll of flooring finally showed up, so I'll get that down and be able to finish unpacking the new workshop.

And I'm going to take Jim's P200 motor off his hands so I can build a Kill-Myself-Fast motor.

All-in-all, not a bad day for this scooterist.
Those should be perfect for the scooters.

Looking good.
Hooked
P125x (4KW Hub Motor)
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 284
Location: Alexandria, VA
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:50 am quote
mor_ wrote:
stumbled across this on instagram today. Almost didnt notice the engine(s)

https://www.instagram.com/donganz_redscooter/
[/img]
Interesting how he connected the chain to the hub. I kinda like it, and the others he posted.
Molto Verboso
2007 Stella 225
Joined: 02 Nov 2019
Posts: 1404
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 am quote
mor_ wrote:
stumbled across this on instagram today. Almost didnt notice the engine(s)

https://www.instagram.com/donganz_redscooter/
[/img]
I'm trying to figure out the two motors, you can see the second head without a shroud.
Addicted
P125X, P200E
Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 764
Location: Fresno, CA
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:28 am quote
CONVERTING TO LED HEADLIGHT
Quote:
Option B is to just wire in an AC to DC converter right before the headlight. PK125 XL disc brake and LED headlight conversion
Option B looks good
Quote:
You could also tap into the DC wires at the keyswitch. Tie in a jumper to the left side light switch and youíre good to go. Clean DC right off the battery.
Although MJRally's suggestion looks like another good way to go.

Thanks for helping me out with this.
Ossessionato
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 2891

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:03 am quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
CONVERTING TO LED HEADLIGHT
Quote:
Option B is to just wire in an AC to DC converter right before the headlight. PK125 XL disc brake and LED headlight conversion
Option B looks good
Quote:
You could also tap into the DC wires at the keyswitch. Tie in a jumper to the left side light switch and youíre good to go. Clean DC right off the battery.
Although MJRally's suggestion looks like another good way to go.

Thanks for helping me out with this.
And Iíll throw one more thing out...

Iím not sure at how many watts the DC side of the stator will charge the battery back up and at what rate. A standard P has a 35 watt headlight that has 12VAC going to it. Iím not sure how many watts are coming off the DC side of the stator. Obvious there is plenty of DC to power the brake/tail light and turn signals, but I donít know how much is left over to power a 12VDC accessory. I was using 40 watt grip heaters on my P2 (wired directly to the battery), and the 9ah battery that I had couldnít quite keep up. I would think that it would be able to handle a 20ish watt LED headlight with no problem.
Addicted
P125X, P200E
Joined: 02 Apr 2011
Posts: 764
Location: Fresno, CA
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am quote
Thanks Whodat. Good to know
Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
Joined: 02 Aug 2015
Posts: 2143
Location: Veria, Greece
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 am quote
Again on discount...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33006979843.html
Ossessionato
1980 P200E , 2005 Stella 177
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 2586
Location: Staten Island, NY
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:32 pm quote
SaFiS wrote:
Ordered two!
Hooked
1963 Vespa VBB, 1965 Allstate Cruisaire, 1974 Vespa Super, 2003 Stella 2T
Joined: 31 Jan 2016
Posts: 109
Location: Kansas City
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 pm quote
Today I....

Painted another picture.

20210110_224519.jpg

Moderator
VNB VSC VBC VSX
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Hustletown, TX
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:22 pm quote
again... good stuff
Moderator
VNB VSC VBC VSX
Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 4625
Location: Hustletown, TX
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 pm quote
A Missouri Survivor in TX (VBC resto ...coming 2022)
I may or may not have grabbed a clean, straight 74 Super for a late 2021 project... ahem ...

(will be on deck well after the SS180 gets done.)

IMG_7349.JPG

Molto Verboso
79 P200E, 62 Allstate, 2008 Stella
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 1946
Location: Florence, OR
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:22 pm quote
Re: A Missouri Survivor in TX (VBC resto ...coming 2022)
Birdsnest wrote:
I may or may not have grabbed a clean, straight 74 Super for a late 2021 project... ahem ...
DUDE!!!! So envious.....
Hooked
Joined: 08 Sep 2011
Posts: 355

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:32 pm quote
Installed an original Piaggio front shock on my smallie. I put it together with parts from 3 different shocks. Having that "bug" stamp as Voodoo calls it is what's really important here.

IMG_9555.JPG

Banned
2:6
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 7648
Location: San Francisco
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:55 pm quote
...started making patterns for a new casting. Exhaust manifold that maintains proper flow for the Imola cylinder.

D3EE3B97-A5FF-4EEA-91F5-8E5F67D10156.png

0C352B14-23DE-4739-B0A4-00FF8EE84C5A.jpeg

Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...707172
[ Time: 0.4754s ][ Queries: 27 (0.2580s) ][ Debug on ]