UTC

Hooked
BV250 & Aprilia scarabeo 250

Hooked
@radioctrldwife avatar
UTC quote
Hi Folks-

It's been awhile since I've been here, so please excuse me if I break protocol.

My husband is ill with dual diagnosis stage 4 cancers. As a result we've been unable to ride our scoots for 2 seasons now. I feel a pain in my heart everytime I pass by them. I know it's time to move on and find them a new home...

That being said, what is the best way to go about listing our scoots for sale? I know there is a buy/sell forum here... I'm not able to dedicate a whole lot of time into this. The scooters have been kept outside for the past few years. They both are in need of a going over, fluid change, etc. I don't have time nor the funds to get this done anytime soon.

We have

08 Piaggio BV250 - add on nautilus horn installed

06 Aprillia Scarabeo 250 - installed tall windshield & topbox w/ LED break lights. stock windshield and handguards available.

I can get milage, basic pics, and other info shortly. What other info do I need? How do I price them?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
@dmpawley avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 GTS 300 i.e.

Ossessionato
@dmpawley avatar
2013 GTS 300 i.e.
UTC quote
I'm sorry to hear about your husband's condition and I wish the best for you both.

Just a suggestion, as I can't speak for them directly, but you may want to give Modern Classics (in DC) a call to see if you can work out a consignment deal or sell to them directly. They could get them up to running and would have the sales traffic. Just a thought.
@gloria avatar
UTC

Addicted
Bea 2007 LX150.

Addicted
@gloria avatar
Bea 2007 LX150.
UTC quote
So sorry to hear about your husband.

Get the pics and place the detail just like you did now in the For Sale/Wanted. Is there another family member that could monitor for you?
@hauntedmyst avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@hauntedmyst avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers for him and the family. When I buy or sell, I use craigslist as a reference. It allows you to do a wide area search so you can see similar models in your area. I'd recommend, if you want to let them go fast, include all the info you just included with pics and list them there first with low prices based on what you see. Let people know upfront they will need new batteries (likely) and fluid changes.
UTC

Vespa 250

Vespa 250
UTC quote
Im happy to assist if you sell out of state. We own a small car/bike transport co....Whatever i can get it shipped for I'm happy to pass along.
@strick avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S

Ossessionato
@strick avatar
2021 Ducati Multistrada 950S
UTC quote
I'm a very sorry to hear about your husband. Cancer sucks.

This might be your best option as suggested by dmpawley, it would take the hassle of selling off of your shoulders.
dmpawley wrote:
Just a suggestion, as I can't speak for them directly, but you may want to give Modern Classics (in DC) a call to see if you can work out a consignment deal or sell to them directly. They could get them up to running and would have the sales traffic. Just a thought.
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
Hollywood is in south earn Ms correct.there are scooter shops in dc and in Annapolis as well as Baltimore.
Maybe the consignment thing would work for you.
I am very sorry for your troubled we shall be praying for you
OP
@radioctrldwife avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@radioctrldwife avatar
UTC quote
Thank you everyone for you helps, and concerns. I didn't even consider selling on consignment, excellent idea.

Yes, Hollywood is in southern maryland.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
KIM i am so sorry. Cancer sucks. Took my mom at age 45. My thoughts and prayers are with you. DM'S idea is a good one. You might get more if you did the CL route but then you'd have to field all the calls etc. Your time should be with your husband not dealing with scooters. If i were closer i'd help you. Maybe there's a member who lives nearby that would help you. That way you'd get top dollar for them. Were always here if you need anything.
@camper avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
lx150

Molto Verboso
@camper avatar
lx150
UTC quote
Blessing
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0628s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0346s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]