UTC

Enthusiast
P200

Enthusiast
@harleyjj avatar
P200
UTC quote
Hi everyone,

I am a Harley dealer from the Detroit area that has always been intrigued by Vespa's and just bought a 1980 P200e as a birthday present to myself.

The bike is painted in Gulf livery and supposedly belonged to Buddy Baker the NASCAR driver at one point according to the older gentleman I bought it from.

Thanks for adding me to the group!

I am having some issues with the Scooter and I'm looking for a Vespa expert in my area to help. The tale of my mechanical issues can be found on the not so modern forum.

Just glad to be here and greatly appreciate the wealth of knowledge!

JJ
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300

Addicted
GTS 300
UTC quote
Welcome. I'm sure the fine folks who hang out on the not so modern side will provide lots of good info for you. You're going to have a blast on that thing. Ride safe.
@snookerinberlin avatar
UTC

Hooked
2017 GTS Super 300ie 'Sofia', 2014 Suzuki SV650

Hooked
@snookerinberlin avatar
UTC quote
Welcome to the Dark Side!

I know more than a few Harley enthusiasts who have taken well to the OTHER overly high-priced, cult-brand, two-wheeled fun machines.
My idea is that the Harley buyer and the Vespa buyer have a lot in common... perhaps moreso than either would like to admit.

Here in Berlin we have a boutique motorcycle shop that caters to both Harley and Vespa buyers. It does some business, for sure!

Enjoy that good-looking bike!
@snookerinberlin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@snookerinberlin avatar
UTC quote
HMM.. No idea why the double post.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

I know more than a few Harley enthusiasts who have taken well to the OTHER cult-brand, overly high-priced, two-wheeled fun machines.
My idea is that the Harley buyer and the Vespa buyer have a lot in common... perhaps moreso than either would like to admit.

Here in Berlin we have a boutique motorcycle shop that caters to both Harley and Vespa buyers. It does some business, for sure!

Enjoy that good-looking bike!
⚠️ Last edited by SnookerInBerlin on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
Welcome!

Out of curiosity (and speaking as someone who has next to no idea about how my own scooter works, and is happy to turn it over to the dealer for any fixes or servicing - so humour me if this is a stupid question), I'm guessing that you're doing all your fixing and fettling yourself.

Is it very different to fix a Vespa than to fix a Harley, or are they both pretty much the same from your point of view?

Obviously some of the specific parts will be different, and I guess it's more fiddly to work on a scooter where lots of stuff is shoehorned under the body panels than on a bike where more of the workings are on display, but fundamentally do you expect to find it different to work on your scooter than on the Harleys you sell?

Cheers.
OP
@harleyjj avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
P200

Enthusiast
@harleyjj avatar
P200
UTC quote
I am definitely struggling a bit with the Vespa in terms of working on it myself!

Not so issues unique to a two stroke engine.

Car jetting and tuning has never been a strong suit of mine either and this is where I am having the most difficulties currently.

I'd love to see the combo Vespa and Harley shop for sure!
UTC

Ossessionato
X10 350

Ossessionato
X10 350
UTC quote
HarleyJJ wrote:
I am definitely struggling a bit with the Vespa in terms of working on it myself!

Not so issues unique to a two stroke engine.

Car jetting and tuning has never been a strong suit of mine either and this is where I am having the most difficulties currently.

I'd love to see the combo Vespa and Harley shop for sure!
Ah, I see. Thanks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0534s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0230s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]