@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500

Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
Well, naked as in, I took the Madstad windscreen off, so the bike is "naked"! It would be gross after all if I rode it without clothes!

But, I was quite surprised at the difference that simple removal made. I grant you, it's all in my head, but it seemed like a very different Bike.
Suddenly, it was the bike I loved at the original test ride again, before I almost immediately put the first of various screens on it.
it actually seemed to corner better, and when I took it out on the highway, I decided I could live with the wind.
And, it looks way cooler--long and low slung.
Again, the bike didn't change at all,
But my perception of the bike was altered--it just seemed much sportier sans screen.
Wondered if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon?
@sixpence avatar
UTC

Hooked
None at present

Hooked
@sixpence avatar
None at present
UTC quote
Not without a screen but without all the luggage attached. I did a quick run round Britain with sidecases, topbox and tank bag (attached to boot lid by a Lambretta MK1 rear rack ). When I returned home and removed all the luggage I was surprised at the difference in acceleration and speed. I am now riding "naked" as well Laughing emoticon
@new200guy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport

Addicted
@new200guy avatar
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport
UTC quote
With less wind resistance caused by the screen and of course the feeling of all that new found air, it may be slighty faster but probably not since we as people are not that aerodynamic.

I have thought about taking mine off so my mesh riding jacket works better.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
Where I live, it would add more fiber to your diet with all the bugs you will swallow.

I like the large windscreens that have coverage over your hands.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
OP
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500

Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
sixpence wrote:
Not without a screen but without all the luggage attached. I did a quick run round Britain with sidecases, topbox and tank bag (attached to boot lid by a Lambretta MK1 rear rack ). When I returned home and removed all the luggage I was surprised at the difference in acceleration and speed. I am now riding "naked" as well Laughing emoticon
That would do it too. I also took the top box off in the quest to make it sportier ( admittedly less functional in the process).
But whereas I was thinking of selling it, I am now liking it a lot.
Less is more I suppose.
Of course, took the screen off right when the weather is turning colder.
My timing is off!
@new200guy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport

Addicted
@new200guy avatar
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport
UTC quote
Being a native north carolinian, I know all to well about the bugs and not to mention heat and humidity. Was there in august on vacation and felt like I was going to die from the heat. Much as I love riding, it would be to miserable to ride there.
@hauntedmyst avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@hauntedmyst avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I went the opposite direction. I readjusted my windscreen and put on my wind guards. Rode with them for the first time and it wasn't bad but they are on the smaller side so they won't block everything..
OP
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500

Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
HauntedMyst wrote:
I went the opposite direction. I readjusted my windscreen and put on my wind guards. Rode with them for the first time and it wasn't bad but they are on the smaller side so they won't block everything..
Having had a Mana until recently put me to appreciate naked bikes.
Oddly perhaps, they are quieter.
Once when I cocked the Madstad in such a way that it blocked all the wind from my head, all I could hear was the engine whining along--it was not at all
pleasant after a while.
I may relent as the weather gets colder, but windscreen will be off from now on otherwise
@hauntedmyst avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@hauntedmyst avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Rob In Denver wrote:
Having had a Mana until recently put me to appreciate naked bikes.
Oddly perhaps, they are quieter.
Once when I cocked the Madstad in such a way that it blocked all the wind from my head, all I could hear was the engine whining along--it was not at all
pleasant after a while.
I may relent as the weather gets colder, but windscreen will be off from now on otherwise
I get that. It's not the best sounding scoot ever. And it's not just the noise, but it looks better without all the extras on there. For the cold, I need the windscreen though.
OP
@rob_in_denver avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Mp3 500

Ossessionato
@rob_in_denver avatar
Mp3 500
UTC quote
Yep living in Colorado you know about needing a windscreen in the winter
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0589s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0308s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]