new race spec yss suspension lx, et4, GTS
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
250 gts, nitroed zip 69cc " the teenager", 200 now 300 lc zip "all grown up"
Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:07 pm quote
Hi all,On
Just thought i would share the new suspension i purchased from yss, you can only buy it direct from the manufacturers in Thailand at the moment but it's a total bargain and exquisitely made, handles like a charm and makes my scooter absolutely rock solid at speeds in excess of 100mph.
Bikerbitz Thailand 88.00 per unit there was must be a mistake on the price as i would gladly put them in the same category as bi turbo and Malossi for quality.
Cheers Andy.

20161014_202826.jpg

20161014_203005.jpg

20161014_202901.jpg

20161014_202942.jpg

20161014_202913.jpg

20161014_203029.jpg
Just thought i would also show off my new hazard light switch i fitted.

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie
Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:06 pm quote
Very cool scoot'!
I've been trying to find YSS for BV350 to no avail here in the USA, including the national contact.
Do you think your contact in Thailand could help?
Addicted
Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:22 pm quote
SCTLVR wrote:
Very cool scoot'!
I've been trying to find YSS for BV350 to no avail here in the US
Do you think your contact in Thailand could help?
Hi buddy,
I had the same problem here across the pond, yss is a Thai company so if you don't find something suitable on their website then it's not made!,
The shocks i bought do not exist in the UK , if you trawl through the Thai yss catalogue you will more than likely find a shock with the correct ends that will fit your application, although it may be advertised for a different bike, that is how i found these, i looked at pictures on Google images then found the page and model number then searched the web, it took time and effort but it was worth it in the end as i have the only piaggio scoot in the UK with this rather exotic yss shock set up.
Cheers Andy.
Ossessionato
09 190s taormina
Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:38 pm quote
Nice.
Hooked
2005 et4
Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:39 pm quote
Do you have a direct link to them on the website or a part number?

Thanks
Addicted
Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:33 pm quote
link it think it
Here you go,
Front. https://bikerzbits.com/vespa-lx-125-150-yss-shock-absorbers-front-vk302-200t-03-85.html

Rear. https://bikerzbits.com/vespa-lx-125-150-yss-shock-absorbers-rear-oo302-280t-03-85.html

Search the site, or manually search the yss Thailand catalogue i have a set of rear shocks for my runner on the way (same as GTS ) and a GTS front shock.
I will post pictures when they arrive and i get round to fitting them.
Cheers Andy.
Addicted
Yamaha XMAX 300, Sprint 150, PX 177 Polini.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:46 am quote
As a scooter enthusiast from Thailand I wouldn't touch the YSS.
They fail far too frequently on all other brands it would be the last brand of suspension on my vespas.
Yes it's that badly received here, even in the country of manufacture.
Sorry.
Addicted
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:00 am quote
many thanks for your view point
mickfitz76 wrote:
They fail far too frequently on all other brands it would be the last brand of suspension on my vespas.
Sorry.
Well, i for one have used yss suspension for many many years and i have never got a dud , perhaps i have been lucky who knows, but the many many people that i have recommended the suspension to have not reported back as having failures either.
So we only have your word on the matter that yss are inferior, does yss themselves know their products are rubbish? Or for the fact they are used globally by millions of bikers and automobiles maybe says more than enough about their quality than your own opinion and summary statement!
Andy.
Addicted

Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:29 am quote
Re: many thanks for your view point
andythebuilder wrote:
mickfitz76 wrote:
Sorry.
Well, i for one have used yss suspension for many many years and i have never got a dud , perhaps i have been lucky who knows, but the many many people that i have recommended the suspension to have not reported back as having failures either.
So we only have your word on the matter that yss are inferior, does yss themselves know their products are rubbish? Or for the fact they are used globally by millions of bikers and automobiles maybe says more than enough about their quality than your own opinion and summary statement!
Andy.
I'm just giving my opinion from a local market prospective.
Load of guys put these on the PCX 150, Honda Xzoomer aka Grom and find them not lasting even a year before the leaks start.
The main shaft of the suspension is suspect to bending which in turn rips the seals out.

I'm not trying to bag the product. Just after seeing them around for nearly a decade I know how long they last.
Basically you get what you pay for. It's a budget suspension built in a third world environment. 88 pound what does that tell you.
Addicted
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:39 am quote
Re: many thanks for your view point
mickfitz76 wrote:
andythebuilder wrote:
mickfitz76 wrote:
Sorry.
Andy.
Basically you get what you pay for. It's a budget suspension built in a third world environment. 88 pound what does that tell you.
Absolutely fantastic value for money, I've just returned from a good 100+ mile test run at speeds in excess of 105 mph (gps ).
ROCK SOLID if i only get a few thousand miles out of them before they destroy themselves and spontaneously combust (odds on they won't ) i'll be extremely happy,
Excellent quality.
Andy.
Addicted
Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:54 am quote
maybe different quality for home market
Hey mick,
Over the pond many years ago we made cars, they were shite if you bought one UK spec made for the home market, however a European spec, say for Germany would have all the bells and whistles including electronic ignition and rust proofing.
The parts i got from yss have ce marks and have a tuv certificate so are a tested product that confirms to international manufacturing standards.
Cheers Andy.
Addicted

Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:35 am quote
Sorry for questioning your purchase. I've tried to give insight into a product I've known since its infancy.
If you're happy with them I'm happy for you and good luck.
Addicted
C650GT GTS300 PX150E
Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:44 am quote
I just got some for the rear of my GTS. Haven't installed them yet but had a set
on a GT200 I used to own and really liked them. They held up for several years
and many thousands of miles as well.
Lurker
Vespa s125
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm quote
What are the part number for front and rear shocks of yss for s 125 tnx
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1742s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0339s) ][ Debug on ]