@jkessel avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@jkessel avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Been driving since 1962 and yesterday I finally went down. More embarrassing than the couple of black and blues.The real damage was to my scooter. The right brake handle snapped in half. Body has some scuff marks and the black plastic header broke in half.
I'm wondering is it difficult to replace the lever. Do I need more than a screwdriver and wrench?
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Re: It finally happened
jkessel wrote:
Been driving since 1962 and yesterday I finally went down. More embarrassing than the couple of black and blues.The real damage was to my scooter. The right brake handle snapped in half. Body has some scuff marks and the black plastic header broke in half.
I'm wondering is it difficult to replace the lever. Do I need more than a screwdriver and wrench?
actually 2 10mm wrenches is all thats needed to remove the lever and replace.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
UTC quote
Re: It finally happened
jkessel wrote:
Sorry to here...
Easy to fix lever.
I might have a few laying around, if its the black stock one.
I have the Adjustable ones on my MP3/250, so I know I have a few.
PM me...

What color is your bike...
Parts show up on Ebay all the time to rebuild.
As long as your front end didn't get damaged, you got lucky.
OP
@jkessel avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@jkessel avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
klaborde My bikes red and the lever is the black one. Never noticed that the left one is alum color and right is black. I also broke the black fender in half. Going to try and super glue it but I have my doubts. If you have one or both please let me know. Not sure how to PM you. My email is joe@thekessels.net
@canusaswede avatar
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500

Hooked
@canusaswede avatar
Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
I joined this club 2 weeks ago leaving dealership parking lot after a rear tire change. Welcome
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
jkessel wrote:
klaborde My bikes red and the lever is the black one. Never noticed that the left one is alum color and right is black. I also broke the black fender in half. Going to try and super glue it but I have my doubts. If you have one or both please let me know. Not sure how to PM you. My email is joe@thekessels.net
As far as I know, the levers are the same color when the bike is shipped. Perhaps one has been replaced already. And on my BV350, they're black but the left and right are the same part number. I don't know if that's true of the MP3.
@hauntedmyst avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@hauntedmyst avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Sorry to hear jkessel, I hope you are ok.
UTC

Ossessionato
Scarabeo 500GT(hers), `07 250 MP3, `09 400 MP3

Ossessionato
UTC quote
I started riding in 1962 and have never kept count of how many times I've gone down. Luckily all at slow speeds.
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
jkessel wrote:
As far as I know, the levers are the same color when the bike is shipped. Perhaps one has been replaced already. And on my BV350, they're black but the left and right are the same part number. I don't know if that's true of the MP3.
I'd guess the scooter shipped with both the same color, but at some point one was changed. I rather doubt Piaggio would ship scooters with different color brake levers, but I will say my own MP3 500 has different color brake lines. I'm guessing this happened on this side of the pond though. In my case, a leak found at dealer inspection. In OP's case, bent in transit. Pure conjecture on my part.
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
Started riding in '64, totaled my '07 GTS a few years back. Only accident ever and it involved a deer. For me it was important to get back riding ASAP.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
norCal Randy wrote:
I started riding in 1962 and have never kept count of how many times I've gone down. Luckily all at slow speeds.
I also started riding in 1962. I have kept count of how many times I have gone down. Fortunately I can count them on one hand and have fingers left over. I am one of those who believe that there is nothing inevitable about dropping a bike. There are always things you can do and precautions you can take to further improve your odds.
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
norCal Randy wrote:
I also started riding in 1962. I have kept count of how many times I have gone down. Fortunately I can count them on one hand and have fingers left over. I am one of those who believe that there is nothing inevitable about dropping a bike. There are always things you can do and precautions you can take to further improve your odds.
Apparently you are a defensive rider, whereas most my life I've been an aggressive rider, finding my limitations. I amateur road race for 3 years in my youth with some success in soCal and to accomplish that you have to push yourself when competitors have the same mindset. Also in dirt bike riding I always came home hurt, but not broken. Finally gave that up after awhile. To each their own happiness. Clown emoticon
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
UTC quote
jkessel wrote:
Hmmm, never seen an aluminum one.
Stock is Black.
Let me see if I can find the ones I took off my 250, and let you know.

Super Glue, been there... It won't hold on this ABS for some reason.
I think you have better luck with Plastic Weld.
If you go the ebay route, compare the pat price being sold on ebay for the new price on AF1 Racing site. You will find some of the ebay prices are rediculously high. Some of the Black/Non painted parts are not so expensive. The painted parts, different story. Not sure what the Italians logic is...
If you have a smilar painted right part, and left part. One can be way cheaper then the other. Doesn't make sense, but it happens.

Keith
@lobo104 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@lobo104 avatar
2019 Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Very sorry to hear about your mishap!
@14perry avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250

Ossessionato
@14perry avatar
MP3 400 / BV250
OP
@jkessel avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 250

Hooked
@jkessel avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Thanks to everyone that replied especially Keith. I installed the lever all by myself. All those who said that both levers should be black were correct. I guess that the black paint wore off on the right hand lever. When I took the coverings apart to get to the lever the part of the lever that was still attached was black. Does anyone have the screw that holds the chrome triangle piece in the middle of the top of the handle bar (?). It fell in the inside of the hole and I can't find it.
Also if I buy a new black fender (I hot melted the fender back on) how would you secure it if the clips are snapped on the red part of the bike?
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
jkessel wrote:
Thanks to everyone that replied especially Keith. I installed the lever all by myself. All those who said that both levers should be black were correct. I guess that the black paint wore off on the right hand lever. When I took the coverings apart to get to the lever the part of the lever that was still attached was black. Does anyone have the screw that holds the chrome triangle piece in the middle of the top of the handle bar (?). It fell in the inside of the hole and I can't find it.
Also if I buy a new black fender (I hot melted the fender back on) how would you secure it if the clips are snapped on the red part of the bike?
post a couple pics of what your talking about on the fender.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0927s ][ Queries: 20 (0.0570s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]