Seattle to Banff B.C. to Spokane to Seattle loop
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
GTV 300
Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:37 pm quote
Hi All,
My Son Aaron and I did a fun loop back in June. We spent most of last winter planning the ride, knowing that we would only have the week he was out of school to make the trip. If given a choice we would have much preferred to do the ride in July or August. I'm posting the link to a website my son created. It contains details of the trip including pictures and a Vlog with about an hour of video. This was our first trip on Vespa's. I was on a 2013 GTV and he was riding a 2016 GTS, both 300's. The original plan was to put a 190 kit in my 2008 LX 150 but after giving it more thought, I decided to trade the LX for the GTS. We had a great time and we're planning another trip for next Spring. Not sure where we'll go but we have this winter to decide. Since this is our first attempt at documenting a trip let me know what you think. If you have problems with the link please let me know.

ps. We actually began and finished the trip from my house in Sequim, WA. on the Olympic Peninsula. I put Seattle in the subject line as most people have no idea where Sequim is located. We did pass through Seattle on the last leg of the trip heading home.

http://scootaboot.com

IMG_0927.jpg

Last edited by ElryB on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
2006 GT200
Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:08 pm quote
What a great route! Looks like you simply headed back West on 90, and over Snoqualamie...is that right? Or did you take one of the smaller (saner) Northern routes?

My Big Plan for next summer is trailering up to Glacier and riding around up there...so much beautiful country....
GTV 300
Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:23 pm quote
I-90 route
We planned on taking the North Cascades Highway (20) but the forecast was for rain later in the day so we opted to take the fastest way home. Hwy 20 would have been much nicer but it would have added a couple of hours. We're talking about possibly doing Yellowstone and Glacier in next year although we may opt for southern Utah depending on the weather. It's all beautiful country!
Hooked
Vespa GTS 250ie
Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 am quote
The rumor is Sequim = dry weather.
Addicted
2006 GT200
Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:44 am quote
Re: I-90 route
ElryB wrote:
We planned on taking the North Cascades Highway (20) but the forecast was for rain later in the day so we opted to take the fastest way home. Hwy 20 would have been much nicer but it would have added a couple of hours. We're talking about possibly doing Yellowstone and Glacier in next year although we may opt for southern Utah depending on the weather. It's all beautiful country!
Aye, that makes sense. The traffic on Snoqualmie in a car can scare the crap out of me sometimes, so good on y'all for braving that!

Southern Utah would be amazing. My wife and I have roadtripped and mountainbiked/hiked down there a couple, and I always, always want to get back. ...gotta get thru a lot of ugly to get there, tho.
Hooked
Vespa 300 GTS SS
Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:17 pm quote
Trip
You two are so lucky to be able to do this trip together. Wish I could have done something like this when my dad as still alive. Excellent job on the videos. Simple and very comprehensive. I have ridden that route and others around your ride on a 650 BMW. Would like to do some of it again on my 300 GTS. I remember riding up highway 23 and taking a ferry across this huge lake. Just as ferry reach shore, a huge down pour came along. There was no place to pull off put our rain gear on. Finally a rest area came along and we put our gear on but by then, we were soaked. Rode to Revelstoke and found a sit in coffee shop. Don't think they appreciated us spreading some our wet clothes to dry a bit. Fun times. BC is such a beautiful area. I live on the south west Oregon cost. Hope you have more great adventures together.
Addicted
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:19 pm quote
What a Great Adventure
Your photos were off the chart good. Packed up Vespas.
on the road, these rides are golden memories. Thanks for
sharing. Damn, you have some nice real estate out there.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
Molto Verboso
3 X 74 Rallys, 66 Bluebadge, 76 ET3, 80 ET3, 80 P200, 65 Li225 Silver Special, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:02 pm quote
Very nice website and videos! Thanks for making that and sharing it with us. BC looked amazing! It was neat seeing Spokane and E-burg too. When I worked in the Sound a few years ago, I had girlfriends from each. They would take me home and play tour guide. Never on a Vespa though.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Scarves   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1123s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0197s) ][ Debug on ]