@jfredrik avatar
UTC

Addicted
Suzuki Burgman Executive 650

Addicted
@jfredrik avatar
UTC quote
Well, in one of my earlier postings, I mentioned how much my wife, Weezie, enjoyed riding my MP3. Yesterday, it was her turn to take the plunge, and plunge she did.

We're now the proud owners of 2 - MP3's--photos to follow! Together, we took a leisurely ride through the Eastbay hills yesterday afternoon, enjoying our new "rides".

This scooter has rekindled my love for "motorcycling", as my Harley continues to gather dust in the garage, and my BMW enjoys new ownership!
@ufo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
MP3 250

Molto Verboso
@ufo avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
I was told that a high up that sells Vespa's said the MP3's were designed for the beginners..I agree with you and rode my 1150gs to LA and back today and with all the traffic it was no fun..I was longing for my mp3 the whole time..When I got back home I jumped on the mp3 and went for a ride..Now that's a ride..The bmw is going up for sale..
OP
@jfredrik avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@jfredrik avatar
UTC quote
It's a great bike for a beginner, but in the hands of an expert, it is the Stradavarious of scooters. I'll take it even further when I paraphrase a statement that I read on Kneeslider.com a while back.

One of the readers of that forum owned a Ducati and a Honda Superhawk. He was acquainted with a series of turns that he could take at 55 mph on the Duc and 45-50 on the Superbird. He had a demo MP3, and the first time he entered the series of turns, he flew through them at 55 mph.

With a powerful sportbike, you have to brake before entering the turn and accelerate out of the apex. Given the "right rider", you come into the turn at maximum speed on the MP3, and just continue at that speed all the way through the turn.

I'll say it again--I love my MP3!
@adamcecchini avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 MP3 250ie, '86 Bimota DB1R, '62 Ducati 250, '90 Ducati 851, '69 Laverda 750 GT

Hooked
@adamcecchini avatar
'07 MP3 250ie, '86 Bimota DB1R, '62 Ducati 250, '90 Ducati 851, '69 Laverda 750 GT
UTC quote
Totally agree. My girl, Kelly, is going to ride mine tomorrow. I want to make sure she's cool with the weight of it at a stop (only using the suspension lock for parking for now). I'm only worried about her dropping it. Besides that, it's like a car that leans. I want her to use the front brakes about 90% of the time and have a blast. I wish we could afford to get another one. Maybe when the 500 gets here...

And as far as lean ability on the steet while still having a wide safety margin, nothing compares. My daily commute is a mini track day!
@msgts avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS "Alessandro"/ MP3 "Thor"

Addicted
@msgts avatar
GTS "Alessandro"/ MP3 "Thor"
UTC quote
jfredrik wrote:
It's a great bike for a beginner, but in the hands of an expert, it is the Stradavarious of scooters. !
I just love that description - the Stradivarius of scooters! Brilliant and I agree.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0491s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0210s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]