DIY Diagnostic tool for injection Vespa's with MIU ECU
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki Previous12
Enthusiast
Vespa GS160mk1 / Vespa GTS300 super / Vespa LX50 4V
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:16 am quote
dwnldr wrote:
Im searching now for some informations, because the 50 iget are not so old engines and i cannot find also any informations about ecu flashing (for derestricting)
For the 50cc iGet engines there is a tuning kit (multivar plus ECU) made by Malossi, this wiki is only for the MIU ECU generation. Please use your search engine to find more information about this kit.
Enthusiast
Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:45 am quote
AnnDee4444 wrote:
I believe Pilaf was modifying the maps on his own using TunerPro. To the best of my knowledge, there are no "pre-canned" maps available at this time.
There are MIU3G maps available but I don’t upload them in this wiki because this wiki is only for diagnose purposes and not for tuning and mapping

Changing maps with unknown maps from an unknown source can damage your ECU and drivability. I only use them to compare and search for any differences.
Lurker

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:26 am quote
Hello good afternoon.
Thank you very much for such a great contribution. The work you have done is wonderful.
I have a Gilera Nexus 250 with ECU MIU1 E4 and I need to read and write both the eprom and the ecu. Do you know any software to do it ?.
I have tried with:
IAWMIUG3Reader V0.04 and ok.
IAWMIUG3Writer V0.03 and nok.
IAWMIUG3EEPROMTool V0.02 read ok but write nok.
Thanks and regards from Spain
Enthusiast
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 pm quote
Sorry but there is only a “free” writer available for the miu3g. For the miu there is only the diagnose and read function available.
There are paid options available but these are expensive.
Hooked
GTS 250
Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:25 am quote
Thought I would give an update about my attempts to read the MIU1 ECU:

- I purchased a Kess from Alibaba.com that was supposed to come with Ksuite 2.47. It shipped with an older version of Ksuite, and did not support the MIU1 ECU. I'm not sure if the Kess was even compatible with Ksuite 2.47 anyway. Since I purchased through PayPal, I was able to get a refund after a long drawn-out fight.

- After that, I decided to try the FGTech - Galletto V54, which was supposed to work with the MIU1. I purchased from obdcartool.com, but again paid through PayPal. Their software required disabling all virus scanners, then proceeded to install three Trojans on my computer (which I caught immediately). Again, I was able to get a full refund, but it was a battle through PayPal.

Moral of the story: PayPal gives you added protection.

Does anyone have any other ideas for writing to the MIU1 ECU?
Lurker
Piaggio Liberty 4T 50 3V i-get
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 am quote
Pilaf wrote:
dwnldr wrote:
Im searching now for some informations, because the 50 iget are not so old engines and i cannot find also any informations about ecu flashing (for derestricting)
For the 50cc iGet engines there is a tuning kit (multivar plus ECU) made by Malossi, this wiki is only for the MIU ECU generation. Please use your search engine to find more information about this kit.
Pilaf, thank you for you reply. I know everything about the Malossi Kit. But since 50ccm i-get engine are also using ECUs, there should be a method to write a "full powered software". Regarding to words of user here with official Piaggio workshop-service in Greece : if the owner has proper driving license, comes back to visit to workshop and the mentioned software will be flashed to the ECU. Because of authorised Piaggio workshop, they are using PADS. I try to find a dealer in my country, but it is impossible to receive some informations. Therefore i try to recognize my ECU a find a proper software to do it. As first, it will be great to know, which "ecu" i have. I have only part number but sadly no more informations
Enthusiast

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:48 am quote
Thank you for all the information and work on this.
I hope that I can take advantage of it!

Do I have an MIU ecu? My sticker reads:
CM275503 32M3G1
Enthusiast

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:41 am quote
Edit:
Squeeto wrote:
Thank you for all the information and work on this.
I hope that I can take advantage of it!

Do I have an MIU ecu? My sticker reads:
CM275503 32M3G1
If you have a 32M3G1, this is a IAW MIUG3 and IAWDiag has this entry.
Enthusiast

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:15 am quote
Just a small correction to the first post picture for the scooter end of the Fiat cable.
This picture is fixed so that you are looking at the pin side.
(How you would be looking if you were testing it with an ohm meter)

Also I have seen some of these Fiat cables with and without a plastic tab between pins 2 and 3. My Vespa has a notch to accommodate this tab.
Lurker

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:16 am quote
dwnldr wrote:
Pilaf wrote:
dwnldr wrote:
Pilaf, thank you for you reply. I know everything about the Malossi Kit. But since 50ccm i-get engine are also using ECUs, there should be a method to write a "full powered software". Regarding to words of user here with official Piaggio workshop-service in Greece : if the owner has proper driving license, comes back to visit to workshop and the mentioned software will be flashed to the ECU. Because of authorised Piaggio workshop, they are using PADS. I try to find a dealer in my country, but it is impossible to receive some informations. Therefore i try to recognize my ECU a find a proper software to do it. As first, it will be great to know, which "ecu" i have. I have only part number but sadly no more informations
you should find it below your saddle, then give us any image or product number.
Check it is same with the attached picture?
Lurker

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am quote
Pilaf wrote:
Sorry but there is only a “free” writer available for the miu3g. For the miu there is only the diagnose and read function available.
There are paid options available but these are expensive.
Hi Pilaf,
How to detect the fake FTDI chip?
I purchased a mini ELM327 with bluetooth supported, it's so cheap so I think I need to check it before.
Have you ever try this software with bluetooth version?
Enthusiast
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:16 am quote
Hi, never tried with bluetooth version and don’t know if it is supported.
About FTDI, there are a lot of topics on the internet about fake ones.
There are also a lot of fake pictures so you can compare them, but if the price is to good to be truth then there is a chance of a fake FTDI.

As long you only use the read function of the FTDI it doesn’t matter if it’s fake or not, with the newest drivers it won’t work anyway.

So my advise is, buy from a thrusted seller on ebay/ali with a good rating and fair price/product.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki Previous12
[ Time: 0.1478s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0327s) ][ Debug on ]