Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Author Message
Member
Piaggio Beverly 350 st
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: spain
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:57 am quote
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:15 am quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
Member
Piaggio Beverly 350 st
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: spain
Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
What brand make the ajustable levers for the bv350??
Thanks
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:01 am quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
What brand make the ajustable levers for the bv350??
Thanks
I had these specially made from Titax as nobody made any for the BV 350.
Member
Piaggio Beverly 350 st
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: spain
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:23 pm quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
What brand make the ajustable levers for the bv350??
Thanks
I had these specially made from Titax as nobody made any for the BV 350.
Where can I get this in Europe?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:59 pm quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
What brand make the ajustable levers for the bv350??
Thanks
I had these specially made from Titax as nobody made any for the BV 350.
Where can I get this in Europe?
lol. you can't to my knowledge. I can check and see if I still have a set tomorrow. I had them specially made,
Member
Piaggio Beverly 350 st
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: spain
Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 am quote
Re: Aftermarket brake levers for BV 350
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Javispain wrote:
I would like to change the original brake levers of my bv350.
I don't like the originals one, they are to separate and can't be graduated.
I'm thinking in Rizoma, Puig or Barracuda parts.
Anyone made this change?
Thanks.
yup I had some made up for the BV350 folks, sold a few pairs think I might have a set still. the brands you listed don't make an adjustable lever for the Vespa/Piaggio scooters. do a search for BV 350 adjustable levers and you will see some pics.
What brand make the ajustable levers for the bv350??
Thanks
I had these specially made from Titax as nobody made any for the BV 350.
Where can I get this in Europe?
lol. you can't to my knowledge. I can check and see if I still have a set tomorrow. I had them specially made,
How much It costs?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 pm quote
I can do them for $165 plus shipping. they retail for $189.95 I will ship them as a gift. here are a couple pics. The black are the same length as stock. the red ones are just a tad shorter. really depends on you if you like to brake with 2-3 fingers or 4 fingers.

bv 350-1.JPG

bv 350-2.JPG

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:09 pm quote
just checked shipping costs to france, the post office price is $34. that is for priority small box which I can use if I don't use the titan packing and just foam wrap them in the box. PM me and I will give you a better deal.
Molto Verboso
2006 Suzuki S40 - 1978 Puch Pinto (sold) - 2006 Piaggio BV250 (R.I.P.)
Joined: 17 Sep 2015
Posts: 1092
Location: Carlsbad, California
Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:16 pm quote
I didn't know brake levers could be so beautiful...
Member
Piaggio Beverly 350 st
Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Location: spain
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:49 am quote
I work as a yamaha dealer in a motorbike shop in Spain so i wonder if i could get this parts directly from the factory.
We work with Rizoma Italy, Puig, Barracuda...
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 29304

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:46 am quote
JAVIS you won't be able to. He had them made for himself. Great deal IMHO if your looking for some.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:56 pm quote
judy wrote:
JAVIS you won't be able to. He had them made for himself. Great deal IMHO if your looking for some.
he could if he can convince them to make them , usually they want minimum orders of like 20 sets and set up fees and so on.
problem is they are not a high demand item and turnaround time well is a little slow. as you can tell from my original post when I had them first made up and still have a couple sets left.

the margins are not real good either.
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 29304

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:46 am quote
OAD convincing them would IMHO, be a no go. Not enough profit for them to make them i think. One could try tho
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:44 pm quote
judy wrote:
OAD convincing them would IMHO, be a no go. Not enough profit for them to make them i think. One could try tho
I agree, the most they could say is no.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:00 pm quote
So I am looking at options for my 2016.

I've looked the best I can inside my plastic and online pics
But can't determine if mine is 24 or 26 here or none?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Piaggio-Beverly-125-200-250-300-400-ie-e3-500-ie-e3-Right-Left-Brake-Levers/123457422715

There are the same left and right for sure vs different on my MP3 400.

They look like a solid surface post pressing into the master cyl vs having an open cup and something else in there pressing on the master cyl.

I'm thinking it's a 24 shape on both sides?

Any insight or other sellers?
All these Chinese levers are Pazzo copies bike specific shapes on the mount part.

These are the adjustable lever option and it's in red.
These guys can piece these together any way.
They have long and shorty plus adjustable length levers.
You can different colors with all the different parts too.

I plan to use those new OEM Piaggio handguards so I need to be aware of the length.
I like those listed above but in all black.

Last edited by Eakins on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 pm quote
668417 seems to be the part # for both sides.
And listed as being used on many BVs?

https://www.ebay.com/p/811767750

s-l400 (1).jpg

Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:18 pm quote
I asked the seller about the fit and if it's available in all black.

The adjustable arm arm length is nice as you can dial it in per your hand and how you brake.

You can also play with the length of need be for when using these new hand guards.

I do know I will need to trim my bar cover plastic back some so the adjustment parts fit.

This BV really has levers far out vs my MP3, plus these levers have a great feel.
Member
MP3
Joined: 03 Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Location: Alberta
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:08 pm quote
you can get the titax levers that guy was selling for $189 us for 39 euros each. thats not a bad price. you can get hashiru levers even less.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:51 am quote
MBurgos73 wrote:
you can get the titax levers that guy was selling for $189 us for 39 euros each. thats not a bad price. you can get hashiru levers even less.
Do you have any links to those?
Addicted
2018 LIBERTY 150S
Joined: 26 Jul 2013
Posts: 973
Location: Ohio
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:53 am quote
Over $225 for adjustable levers!!!
I bought the best Japanese adj. levers for my Honda Forza for half that.
Man, I'd try a few of the $29 sets from ebay first! There are hundreds listed, all colors, long, short, etc.
Get your Piaggio lever in hand, and start looking at the specs of the online levers.
O.S.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:36 pm quote
I can get Titax sets but have to order $1000 at a time to get great rates to be able to pass it along to folks. MSPR of a set of titan levers is like $199 which I can get down to $150 by buying in volume. problem is sitting on that much product for 1 here and there. over a year.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:40 pm quote
old as dirt wrote:
I can get Titax sets but have to order $1000 at a time to get great rates to be able to pass it along to folks. MSPR of a set of titan levers is like $199 which I can get down to $150 by buying in volume. problem is sitting on that much product for 1 here and there. over a year.
No worries man... that's alot of coin.

From what I can tell so far the correct part from that eBay listing is their P26 both sides
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Piaggio-Beverly-125-200-250-300-400-ie-e3-500-ie-e3-Right-Left-Brake-Levers/123457422715

The p26 has a scaloped hole where it presses against the master cyl.
The p24 is a solid shape.

This seems to match up with your Titax pics too, I can just barely see that hole.

I need to take mine all apart to verify that is the case unless someone steps up to verify this.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:45 pm quote
So the seller replied to me saying he can swap the red extension for black.

The thing is all these resellers are selling the same thing...like that variator tool.

The bike specific part (p26) is important and then there are many lever options past there.

You can see p24 and short ones here
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32739314028.html?spm=2114.12057483.0.0.19a04e4ftFcPy7

I'm going to press to have a p26 bolted up to a black long lever.
This should be close to stock...but I'll need to get a measurement...I don't want it so long that it interferes with the Piaggio handguards I plan to install
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:48 pm quote
Another difference I'm seeing if you look are these Chinese levers at the bike mounting part are longer than those Titax.

The pivot part is out farther away from the bike attachment bolt.

This actually might fit better with the plastic shrouds sound it all.
I see some cutting is needed at times with those Titax.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:51 pm quote
See the distance change between the 2 designs.

bv_350_2_12958.jpg

Short-Left-Right-Brake-Levers-For-GILERA-PIAGGIO-NEXUS-500-CARNABY-125-200-250-for-Brembo.jpg_q50 (1).jpg

Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:54 pm quote
Titax mounting

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:56 pm quote
The downside could be however that pushes out the ideal lever position for your fingers too wide.

Is it possible to move the master cylinder inboard at all bolted up or is it in a fixed position inside there???

With regular Moto bars you can position your brake anyway you want to deal with this.
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:00 pm quote
Sounds like I need to start taking thing apart tomorrow and check some things.

Hopefully these will work out as the stock levers are out too far.

I may just try to heat and bend and see what happens???
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:04 pm quote
Here is another p26 pic and my concern with ideal finger position.

Left-Right-Brake-Lever-For-Piaggio-Beverly-125-200-250-300-400-500-ie-e3-Motorcycle.jpg_q50.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:55 am quote
what I don't like about the long adaptor ones is when my finger location for my first 2 fingers is so far to the center of the bars. versus to the inside portion of the lever. I do a lot of 2 fringe braking and those long adaptors would drive me crazy.
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: 24 Jul 2014
Posts: 576
Location: London
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:45 am quote
17 of eBay and measure up against the top brands charging hundreds, these are for my gts but I remember seeing them for all Piaggio models

1BE2ADE5-D59E-4513-B7A8-018E569877D9.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 7709
Location: KS USA
Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:54 am quote
Is Didge still around? I wonder if it has those for the MP3 let me do some searching and I'll get back to you.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, Something Chinese
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 7709
Location: KS USA
Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:12 am quote
It looks like I was misinformed. Didge was with classic racks.

But who was it that custom made those smaller brake levers?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21459
Location: Harriman, Tennessee, Tn
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:23 pm quote
Gedmunds wrote:
17 of eBay and measure up against the top brands charging hundreds, these are for my gts but I remember seeing them for all Piaggio models
look at the middle of the grip and placing your hand in the middle of the grip. Then reach out and where do your fingers hit on the lever? your index and middle finger will not hit on the hand portion of the lever with out moving your hand to the outside of the grip. NOT GOOD.
Member
16 Piaggio BV350 2004 Scarabeo 500
Joined: 31 Jan 2020
Posts: 21
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 pm quote
Eakins wrote:
Here is another p26 pic and my concern with ideal finger position.
So what did you find out I want to get a pair also ?
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:01 pm quote
old as dirt wrote:
Gedmunds wrote:
17 of eBay and measure up against the top brands charging hundreds, these are for my gts but I remember seeing them for all Piaggio models
look at the middle of the grip and placing your hand in the middle of the grip. Then reach out and where do your fingers hit on the lever? your index and middle finger will not hit on the hand portion of the lever with out moving your hand to the outside of the grip. NOT GOOD.
I hear you on that.
I do look up at those Titax pics and see the low spot closest to the grip is just left of grip center, however.
This looks very similar those posted just above.

Sure looks like you fingers engage about the same place on both?
But the Titax has a smooth curve transition in the lever...less curve.

So can you move a BV master cyl I board on handlebar mount if need be???

Last edited by Eakins on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:02 pm quote
Gedmunds wrote:
17 of eBay and measure up against the top brands charging hundreds, these are for my gts but I remember seeing them for all Piaggio models
Got any additional angle pics for those?

So that is adjusted on 1 fully close in?
How far away is the closest point to the grip?
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 19 Feb 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:08 pm quote
Looks like the GTS uses that P24 part on the bike L & R.
My MP3 looks like it use both a 24 & 26.

s-l400 (2).jpg

Member
MP3
Joined: 03 Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Location: Alberta
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:47 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
. MSPR of a set of titan levers is like $199 which I can get down to $150 by buying in volume. problem is sitting on that much product for 1 here and there. over a year.
if you say msrp is $300 each your price will seem like a better deal. i found them in taly for $120 a set with $16 for shipping andsince then saw them as low as 40 euros each on sale.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.1945s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0392s) ][ Debug on ]