Stella windsheild! (Pittsburgh pa)
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
Stella 2005/ Vespa gtv 250

Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:32 pm quote
Just wondering, does anyone kno if a windsheild off of a Stella will fit, ( or could fit) a 2007 Vespa gtv! Just throwing that out here! Thanks
Sponsor
Granturismo, BV250, Quota, Dragster, MP3
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:14 am quote
Fit how? Fit as in "I've got a drill, baling wire, duct tape, jb weld, half a bottle of Jack and forty unencumbered minutes before the Dukes of Hazzard mini-marathon starts, I'll make it fit" or fit like it belongs? It won't be pretty, but yes, you can make it fit. You can also put hubcaps off a 1996 Dodge minivan on a Porsche Carrera. Not something a lot of people are going to consider, but definitely do-able.
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:27 am quote
no. no it will not.

-g
Sponsor
Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:54 am quote
You obviously aren't exposed to high caliber redneck engineering on a regular basis. I have seen proof that you can mount any windshield to just about anything wth a handful of two inch deck screws. You lay it on top of the flyscreen and drive a bunch of deck screws right through both of them. Wouldn't even have to take them off the bike. Might want to put a couple into the instrument cluster to counter vibration.

(While I haven't actually seen anyone do this to a GTV yet, I have seen this method of mounting used on a couple of inexpensive Chinese scooters, with varying success, depending on what electrical parts or master cylinder or brake hose was driven through. Never a dull moment.)
Hooked
Stella 2005/ Vespa gtv 250

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:19 am quote
sheild
thanks for all ur info! LOL
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:24 am quote
look, look... my red neck, white socks and fridge full of blue ribbon beer should be enough to let all parties know that i am well skilled in the art of hillbilly engineering. hell, i own stock in duct-tape!

and, while, yes, you could make it happen with a fair bit of effort i think that a quote from chris rock sums it up best: you could drive a car with your feet; that doesn't mean it's to be done!

in all seriousness, OP you bought a GTV. enjoy it for what it is. if you want a windscreen sizable enough to propel a sailboat then maybe you should think about trading out for a standard GTS and making that happen-- instead of hacking up a handsome and desirable model of vespa.

-g
Bajaj
Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:54 pm quote
I took a full size windscreen for a gts and cut the bottom off and made a nice windscreen for my 14 gtv. I extended the mounts with chrome couplers and stainless 6 in bolts with heads and threads cut off. Not many options for the gtv. Most folks just buy a gtv tall and cut it down.

IMG_2322.JPG

Sponsor
Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:19 pm quote
That actually looks pretty good. What does it do at 65mph?
Addicted
Viet-bodge
Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:35 pm quote
Hey Lippy,
What're yinz doin' widda Vespa in Picksburgh? Cahntin' doors in da liberdy toobs annat?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Careful, it's slippy aht.

Go Stillerz,
-Slashy
Bajaj
Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:58 am quote
Ok to 90.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1131s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0490s) ][ Debug on ]