Angle grinder. Central London. Broad daylight.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
Enthusiast
LX 50 2t
Hooked
GTS 300 Touring
Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:50 am quote
I saw this on another site earlier today. It's difficult to comment for fear of upsetting the liberal minded ladies and gentlemen on the site, personally speaking I'd bring back the Birch and Stocks and let them spend an afternoon being abused.
Hooked
Vespa GTS 150 3v SUPER. Vespa V100 x 1. Lambretta Li150 x 1. Px 125 x 2. Px 200 x 1 (red bull special) T5 Classic x 1. Vespa Cosa x 2.CF moto 650mt
Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:16 am quote
Re: Angle grinder. Central London. Broad daylight.
Yep.
Ossessionato
2010 PIAGGIO BV 500ie Tourer
Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:19 am quote
Man those guys have got balls to try something like that in broad daylight.

Not a lot of smarts though.

After viewing the news event again, I have to ask the question, why the police were not alerted?. Surely in the time frame of this activity, someone should/could have alerted them. As well, the area would be patrolled, I would assume. Perhaps the police didn't want to be involved as there was a potential for a violent confrontation? Gotta wonder.

Last edited by EN82pg on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:47 am quote
smeghead wrote:
I saw this on another site earlier today. It's difficult to comment for fear of upsetting the liberal minded ladies and gentlemen on the site.
I'm way past that stage, they should be ran of the road and have the fucking life kicked out of them!!!
Hooked
Vespa GTS 150 3v SUPER. Vespa V100 x 1. Lambretta Li150 x 1. Px 125 x 2. Px 200 x 1 (red bull special) T5 Classic x 1. Vespa Cosa x 2.CF moto 650mt
Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 am quote
Gedmunds wrote:
smeghead wrote:
I saw this on another site earlier today. It's difficult to comment for fear of upsetting the liberal minded ladies and gentlemen on the site.
I'm way past that stage, they should be ran of the road and have the fucking life kicked out of them!!!
Ditto!!!!!
Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300
Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 am quote
was that a Beverly 500 the tosser with the threatening angle grinder has? I take it they arrived on just the one scooter
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:56 am quote
I used to work in the building behind them and used to park in roughly the same spot each morning. It's actually quite a pleasant spot to be in London. The Iranian Embassy siege also took place there.

If there were lot's of people distracting them then it might be worth quietly taking the keys from the scooter they arrived on. That bike would of been stolen too so you've effectively stopped two thefts and the thieves are then stuck on foot.
Hooked
P200 (sold) *Elite 250 *Buddy 161 *125cc Passport *Trail 90 *K-Pipe 125

Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:35 am quote
It's time to legalize muskets again in the UK
Enthusiast
07lx190(sold big mistake),09gts250,13bv350(sold),10lx190(pink)
Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:40 am quote
WHat Gedmund said for sure!!!!!
Hooked
ET4 125 4T 1999 (gone) - LX 50 2T 2005 (gone) - PX 125 2016 (gone) - Sprint 125ie 3V 2016
Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:45 pm quote
The moment they offer violence I have little sympathy for them. I hope karma comes calling soon.
Hooked
Triumph 900 Bonnie
Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:04 pm quote
le bouch wrote:
The moment they offer violence I have little sympathy for them. I hope karma comes calling soon.
I didn't have any sympathy for them in the first place (sorry if that offends anyone who is wringing their hands and proclaiming 'they only turned to crime because they had a disadvantaged childhood' or similar hogwash).

Violence can really only be dealt with by more violence, it's no good asking them if they want to sit down and talk about it..

Frankly, the yob waving the grinder about needed a good squirt of pepper spray in the eyes and then a good kicking. But then the police would doubtless charge whoever did it with a string of offences (sigh).
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:01 am quote
I don't like violence but it seems the people who are stealing scooters need a little ass kicking. Cops are powerless to do anything. They might think twice about doing it again. As others have said the the person doling it out would probably get in more trouble. To many CCTV'S there. ROBIN great idea. Your right, it's probably stolen also.
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:33 am quote
100% certain the BV they're on is stolen.

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago. Loads more bikes and scooters on the roads than there are in London these days - parking rules are fairly relaxed, so you can leave your scooter on the pavement while you pop into a shop. Of course bikes get stolen occasionally but it's nothing like as bad as it is here.

Every time I start feeling like I might actually feel confident enough to ride my scooter into the city again, somebody posts something like this

I just wonder how much worse it has to get before it gets better. At the moment I'm not full of hope
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 am quote
smeghead wrote:
I saw this on another site earlier today. It's difficult to comment for fear of upsetting the liberal minded ladies and gentlemen on the site, personally speaking I'd bring back the Birch and Stocks and let them spend an afternoon being abused.
please don't worry about offending any Londoners. We are a loooooong way beyond hand-wringing and hoodie-hugging. Personally I'm feeling pretty stabby right now and would welcome other creative solutions to the problem - nobody seems to have much to offer in the way of legal recourse
Ossessionato
Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am quote
EN82pg wrote:

After viewing the news event again, I have to ask the question, why the police were not alerted?. Surely in the time frame of this activity, someone should/could have alerted them. As well, the area would be patrolled, I would assume. Perhaps the police didn't want to be involved as there was a potential for a violent confrontation? Gotta wonder.
This again for comment?
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 am quote
EN82pg wrote:
EN82pg wrote:

This again for comment?
I park there all the time and there usually is high police presence in and around that area. Maybe just luck on the scum bags side this time.

As for the Police being scared of confrontation, that's not the case if there was cops there I'm sure they would have been in there without hesitation. It's not the cops on the street that are the problem it's the brass or bureaucrats tying their hands.
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:31 am quote
Either way it's a shit show at the moment, if I had been there one of them would got my chain round the neck.
GTS 125 2010 - Midnight Blue LB10 VDE - (Stolen)
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:49 am quote
As a londoner who has just had his GTS 125 stolen last night from apartment car park I have very little sympathy for this kind of behaviour and violence. They also seem to have impunity to be pursued by the police (which they bloody well know!)

Does anyone else think this same person (I recognise his eyes) is the same one in a host of other videos around london.. It wouldn't surprise me if 90% of all bike thefts of late isn't just a single group of knuckle draggers. I'll see if i can find some links...

Safe riding this winter..
Hooked
Triumph 900 Bonnie
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:04 am quote
Be interested to see any links you can come up with. It wouldn't surprise me if there was just one single 'gang' behind most of the thefts.

Sorry to hear about your GTS, BTW. I hope you get a decent price from your insurance company.
Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:16 am quote
I need to know what kind of scooter they were riding...can anyone help?
GTS 125 2010 - Midnight Blue LB10 VDE - (Stolen)
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 am quote
simon64ds wrote:
Be interested to see any links you can come up with. It wouldn't surprise me if there was just one single 'gang' behind most of the thefts.

Sorry to hear about your GTS, BTW. I hope you get a decent price from your insurance company.
Cheers dude. The one thing, which now worries me is the safety of my replacement.. I hear thieves return for the replacement a couple of months later.

Yes exactly, I'll search youtube and post some up... There's also a video by Royal Jordanian called 'almost got bike jacked' or similar and you see the guy's guys.. I'll check that one out as well.
Ossessionato
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:42 am quote
bjornmysta wrote:
As a londoner who has just had his GTS 125 stolen last night from apartment car park I have very little sympathy for this kind of behaviour and violence. They also seem to have impunity to be pursued by the police (which they bloody well know!)

Does anyone else think this same person (I recognise his eyes) is the same one in a host of other videos around london.. It wouldn't surprise me if 90% of all bike thefts of late isn't just a single group of knuckle draggers. I'll see if i can find some links...

Safe riding this winter..
You're probably right.
They're slick, quick and organized.
That would make you think it's one particular group and appear to have had a lot of practice.
World Traveler

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:03 am quote
TERRY It's a BV. 500?
Ossessionato
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:19 am quote
judy wrote:
TERRY It's a BV. 500?
Looks like mine Jude, so it must be.
World Traveler

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:20 am quote
True dat.
Hooked
Triumph 900 Bonnie
Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:14 am quote
bjornmysta wrote:
simon64ds wrote:

Cheers dude. The one thing, which now worries me is the safety of my replacement.. I hear thieves return for the replacement a couple of months later.
Yes, a huge worry.

Other than sitting up all night with a shotgun on your lap I'm not sure what to suggest. Can you, somehow, block the scooter in with the wife's car? Although that's going to be a pain if you leave before she does in the morning..

I'm guessing they got through your current chain with bolt croppers? An angle grinder would attract attention at night, surely? So maybe an absolute top class one? Just a thought.
Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300
Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:43 am quote
judy wrote:
TERRY It's a BV. 500?
thank you...I might be able to help the police.....it's a [very] long shot.
Hooked
Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:18 am quote
I must say I've never has a angle grinder pulled on me.40 yrs on the job I had a chainsaw pulled on us once. Didn't end well for the bad guy
Angle grinder that's new.
GTS 300 Settantesimo
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 pm quote
Gawd! What is wrong with people!
Hooked
GTS Super Sport
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:59 pm quote
Thieves have used angle grinders in broad daylight to steal bicycles in my city.
Incredibly brazen.
Not quite the same reaction from the witnesses.

https://vid.me/bRLA
Hooked
Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:35 pm quote
Are the cops over there that hamstrung by political correctness or is it something else
Ossessionato
GTS250
Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:39 pm quote
igor455 wrote:
Are the cops over there that hamstrung by political correctness or is it something else
Unfortunately, it's something else.
Addicted
GTS 250
Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:25 am quote
thieving
My friend Charlotte had her BMW super bike 15k stolen probably by this bunch the week before. In Kings Cross on a major rd in daylight on a very busy rd. The cops were not that interested. Fortunately she had a secret factory fitted tracker inside it.. She then tracked it down and alerted the police. It was found a coulple of miles away on a South London notorious estate. All the wiring loom etc was ripped out as the thieves tried to find the tracker... but to no avail, they'd also damaged the engine case when the angle grinded the locks off. 2 heavy duty ones. One lock cut the other too strong, so the engine case fixing sliced off. Apparently, the thieve cut the looms, then see if anyone shows up.. if not then they move them. Now it's likely the insurance will will write this top spec bike off. She hopes to buy it back off them as she's got a lot of special mods on it. She's doing the Isle of Man TT course next year... So fingers crossed she'll get her bike back and working and these bold bike thieves get caught, prefferably after they've had a good going over by a load of Hells Angels.
Gass silver machine GTS 250
World Traveler

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:26 am quote
TERRY gotta try. Good for you. Fingers crossed.
Hooked
GTS 300 Touring
Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:09 am quote
EN82pg wrote:

It's a fair point expecting a police patrol. That would be very nice. I was discussing this with a work colleague the other day. We work in a town centre office in Doncaster, a large town in the north of England and neither of us could remember the last time we saw a copper walking through town. We see them from our office window driving by as it overlooks a dual carriageway and is a busy road but that's no deterrent to an utter turd out for no good. I am positively encouraging my two young grand children to work hard at school with a view to obtaining a university degree so they can live in a civilized country. The UK is going to hell, the standards of many of it's inhabitants are in the gutter, watch Jeremy Kyle and you'll get an idea of the type of people wandering around.
Hooked
ET4 125 4T 1999 (gone) - LX 50 2T 2005 (gone) - PX 125 2016 (gone) - Sprint 125ie 3V 2016
Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:26 am quote
The police don't 'patrol'. They go from job to job. If they happen across an incident on the way, then so be it.
Ossessionato
Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:59 am quote
Wow. How low can you go.
Just googled a clip of one of his shows.

He's a British "Jerry Springer"
They both pander to the lowest common denominators in our society.
Great role models for our kids, the guests as well as the hosts.
I can see where these "angle grinder" types may get their inspiration from.

I apologize to any Kyle or Springer fans who may be viewing my posts.
Hooked
Triumph 900 Bonnie
Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 am quote
le bouch wrote:
The police don't 'patrol'. They go from job to job. If they happen across an incident on the way, then so be it.
Which is exactly why the sewer rats who infest our streets can do exactly what they like. I mean, what are the chances of them being unlucky enough to be 'come across' by a copper as he rushes from 'job to job'?
Hooked
Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:21 am quote
simon64ds wrote:
le bouch wrote:
Which is exactly why the sewer rats who infest our streets can do exactly what they like. I mean, what are the chances of them being unlucky enough to be 'come across' by a copper as he rushes from 'job to job'?
Little to none. The result of a police service on its knees through poor management, chronic underfunding, political malice, staffing crisis and poor recruitment standards. That said - would YOU face this for 19k a year?

https://www.facebook.com/thamesvp/videos/10154322256608655/
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion 12Next
[ Time: 0.1717s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0634s) ][ Debug on ]