UTC

Hooked
'98 Px200e

Hooked
@knoxy_7 avatar
'98 Px200e
UTC quote
Hello,

I know this has been covered somewhere but I wanted to get advice on it.

I have a px200 with a malossi sport, Cut 57mm crank, ported casings with old ports still existing and a bgm big box sport.

Just got the bored out to 26, 24-24g dellorto carb (from a T5?)

So a couple of things.

Do I need the t5 air filter?

Do I need to dremel the air box?

I can see the idle jet and air corrector jet are shorter so I obviously need those specific jets.

The air corrector supplied is a 120 and the idle jet is a 50.100

Should I just mimic the 24-24e settings to get a base to start?

It's currently running on my 24e carb, stock idle jet, 160 air be3 and 130 main. Runs fine enough for now.

Any advice on this topic would help me out.

Cheers
OP
@knoxy_7 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'98 Px200e

Hooked
@knoxy_7 avatar
'98 Px200e
UTC quote
Anybody got anything?
@frank_n_stein avatar
UTC

Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5

Hooked
@frank_n_stein avatar
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
UTC quote
Re: 26/26 dellorto carb queries
I have a px200 with a malossi sport, Cut 57mm crank, ported casings with old ports still existing and a bgm big box sport.

Just got the bored out to 26, 24-24g dellorto carb (from a T5?) It's more likely a Spaco, and they aren't known to be top notch (they're actually more like a 25 bore). Avoid the "standard" Spacos, and prefer those Pinasco re-works to make sure everything is optimal.

So a couple of things.

Do I need the t5 air filter? The T5 engine needs a T5 filter, because of the gigantic ports as compared to PX's. If your rev-happy Malossi 210 has been adequately ported, you still won't need the filter, but you'll benefit from it, though. Get a real one if you can source one; the SIP reissues are crap.

Do I need to dremel the air box? ??? Not sure what you mean by that. Otherwise, the T5 carb is lower than the PX by 1 cm; the higher T5 filter is designed to fit atop it, and inside the regular Arcobaleno-type airbox

I can see the idle jet and air corrector jet are shorter so I obviously need those specific jets. (Or you can shorten those taken from your 200, just dremel a slit on the top to fit a screwdriver to screw them in). Last time I checked, the shorter T5-specific idle and air jets didn't exist in the range needed for a 210. Alternately, you could have the air jet precision-bored to 160 (the regular PX main and mid fit right on)

The air corrector supplied is a 120 and the idle jet is a 50.100 Yep, those are for a stock T5. Not fit for a 200

Should I just mimic the 24-24e settings to get a base to start? YES

It's currently running on my 24e carb, stock idle jet, 160 air be3 and 130 main. Runs fine enough for now. Just shorten them as described above, and set up your carb from there
@t5wilhelm avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa t5 Mk1

Hooked
@t5wilhelm avatar
Vespa t5 Mk1
UTC quote
Does pinasco make 26/26g carb?
@frank_n_stein avatar
UTC

Hooked
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5

Hooked
@frank_n_stein avatar
Jet 200, P200E (x2), T5
UTC quote
No, they re-work Spaco carbs, which means that the possible mis-matched drillings and other defects found in Indian carbs will be checked and corrected. It seems their 26/26 carbs are closer to the stated 26 bore as well.

If your question was whether a Pinasco version of the 26/26G exists: Yes

http://www.ricambi-vespa.it/elaborazioni/carburatore-pinasco-26-26g-mix.3953.html

An SI 30/30 version was announced for soon, and that should be a complete creation of Pinasco's, not a machined Spaco.

⚠️ Last edited by Frank N. Stein on UTC; edited 1 time
@t5wilhelm avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa t5 Mk1

Hooked
@t5wilhelm avatar
Vespa t5 Mk1
UTC quote
When I was in Milan on the eicma show I did look at the new pinasco T5 kit and 28 and 30 mm si carb
Looking pretty sweet
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@juan_kerr avatar
UTC

Hooked
50 N

Hooked
@juan_kerr avatar
50 N
UTC quote
Tell me more about the T5 kit.

Guessing from the photo that one is direct induction, was that the only version they were showing or was there rotary induction too? Thanks.
@t5wilhelm avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa t5 Mk1

Hooked
@t5wilhelm avatar
Vespa t5 Mk1
UTC quote
The T5 kit 162cc you can choose direct or use old fashion crank intake. You get a cover. You can see it in the picture that you seal the direct intake. And you get some sort of thick head gasket thingi probably for longer stroke
@goslash27 avatar
UTC

Addicted
Viet-bodge

Addicted
@goslash27 avatar
Viet-bodge
UTC quote
I'm sure that somebody will jump in and explain why I'm wrong if they disagree and I'm still new at this, so "caveat emptor" and all that...

IMO there is no reason to not dremel the carb box. Match the bottom to the case inlet and the top to the carb outlet. Trim the gasket as necessary, just be sure to not cause a leak.
There is no benefit to having a flow restriction at this point in the system. The carb venturi should be the most restrictive point.

Best,
-Slashy
OP
@knoxy_7 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'98 Px200e

Hooked
@knoxy_7 avatar
'98 Px200e
UTC quote
Cheers for the info I'll cut 'em up and see how they go.

I'll have to source the t5 air filter.

It seemed pretty confusing and I did think about cutting them down. But good to know that's what people do.
OP
@knoxy_7 avatar
UTC

Hooked
'98 Px200e

Hooked
@knoxy_7 avatar
'98 Px200e
UTC quote
I decided to go down the route of the polini Venturi instead of trying to find a t5 air filter.

Just running the 24/24 right now but did run it with the 26 but the 140mj is a fraction too small.

Currently running the 140 in the 24 si.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0312s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0065s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]