New exhaust fitted today, GTS 300.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Author Message
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14 am quote
This came this morning and i have to say iam very pleased with the fit, quality & price. I,v had a PM & a Remus, but this time i just fancy,d something different & Italian.

DSCN0540.JPG



Last edited by buster gonads on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 27260

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 am quote
Nice. How do you keep your tire rims looking so good. Mine are horrible but their 9yrs old.
Lurker
GTS 300
Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Southern California
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:31 am quote
The exhaust looks mighty sweet!

Was that a slip on or full exhaust?
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 am quote
Rim,s are down to the previous owner, i cant take the credit Judy.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 am quote
Slip on Zman, i,v had both full and slip on before, the full exhaust can be a pain if the exhaust studs and nuts are rusted, i,ll avoid a full pipe in future, glad you like it, made in Italy too.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 am quote
Plenty of clearance too.

DSCN0538.JPG

Sponsor
Granturismo, BV250, Quota, Dragster, MP3
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 3620
Location: Charleston, SC
Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am quote
That is a very nice exhaust system. I wonder if anyone in the United States carries it.
Member
GTS 300 SS ABS
Joined: 13 Feb 2016
Posts: 47
Location: London
Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:58 pm quote
Nice. Is it loud like the PM?
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:21 am quote
Not too loud, more of a deep growl mate.
Hooked
Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Posts: 149

Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:26 am quote
Looks great!
Addicted
GTS 300 ie - traded in; Honda CB300FA; Honda Ruckus scooter
Joined: 12 May 2014
Posts: 735
Location: Toronto, Canada
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:32 am quote
Looks good. It would be nice to see the whole bike from the side to get the size perspective in a better way.
Addicted
2016 Vespa GTS300ie Settantesimo
Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 947
Location: Starfleet Command, Engineering, UK
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 pm quote
Superb! Love the look, but yes, a nice photo of the bike side on would be great. Thanks for sharing.
Hooked
2015 Vespa gts 300 Super Sport
Joined: 16 May 2015
Posts: 352
Location: Towson, Maryland
Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:47 pm quote
It sure is a beauty.
Addicted
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody)
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 945
Location: Asbury Park, NJ
Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:23 pm quote
Here's a side-view of the pipe on-bike, courtesy of SIP: I must say I like this one, and the price doesn't seem too outrageous.

poliniexhaustgts.jpg

Sponsor
Granturismo, BV250, Quota, Dragster, MP3
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 3620
Location: Charleston, SC
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:09 pm quote
WhiteWasp wrote:
Nice. Is it loud like the PM?
Only if you saw the muffler off. Nothing is as loud as a PM Tuning pipe.

We've sold a few of the Polini exhausts, and it's a pretty good pipe.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500ie Business (2016 Model)
Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 226
Location: Berlin, Germany
Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:36 pm quote
buster gonads wrote:
Not too loud, more of a deep growl mate.
that would be something I would like to have on mine

I hate too loud pipes, but emphasising bit more bit deeper tones is something what would be interesting me
Hooked
946, Sprint 150, PX 150.
Joined: 16 Mar 2014
Posts: 464

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:51 pm quote
PreddyBaer wrote:
buster gonads wrote:
Not too loud, more of a deep growl mate.
that would be something I would like to have on mine

I hate too loud pipes, but emphasising bit more bit deeper tones is something what would be interesting me
I'd take a remus then.
It has the best deep growl of all the pipes without being ridiculous.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:37 am quote
I,v had a Remus on my Orange GTS, i think the Polini sounds a deeper growl but i,d have to listen to them together just to be sure, not alot in it though.

imgp0478_80861.jpg

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500ie Business (2016 Model)
Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 226
Location: Berlin, Germany
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:39 pm quote
mickfitz76 wrote:
I'd take a remus then.
It has the best deep growl of all the pipes without being ridiculous.
thanks!
Enthusiast
GT 60
Joined: 29 Sep 2016
Posts: 60
Location: Marin County, Ca
Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm quote
buster gonads wrote:
I,v had a Remus on my Orange GTS, i think the Polini sounds a deeper growl but i,d have to listen to them together just to be sure, not alot in it though.
That, right there, is an absolutely beautiful scoot. Was that orange a stock color you could choose in the UK? Someday, I'll own a scoot that color.
Ossessionato
Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 3086
Location: pacifica,ca.
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:21 pm quote
saweet lookin
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:38 am quote
Stang wrote:
buster gonads wrote:
I,v had a Remus on my Orange GTS, i think the Polini sounds a deeper growl but i,d have to listen to them together just to be sure, not alot in it though.
That, right there, is an absolutely beautiful scoot. Was that orange a stock color you could choose in the UK? Someday, I'll own a scoot that color.
Yes, stock colour over here, i regret selling it now.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500ie Business (2016 Model)
Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 226
Location: Berlin, Germany
Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:33 am quote
did anybody tried Holland's DAM exhaust?
I was seriously thinking about this DAM exhaust, on youtube videos sounds deeper than Akrapovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmZGazvC-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBrPzPBBj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEFD12MHHM

is comparable price to Akrapovic, cutom made and sounding damn good
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500ie Business (2016 Model)
Joined: 16 Nov 2014
Posts: 226
Location: Berlin, Germany
Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:09 pm quote
Re: did anybody tried Holland's DAM exhaust?
PreddyBaer wrote:
I was seriously thinking about this DAM exhaust, on youtube videos sounds deeper than Akrapovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLmZGazvC-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBrPzPBBj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEFD12MHHM

is comparable price to Akrapovic, cutom made and sounding damn good
anybody?
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 27260

Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:57 am quote
I've never heard about them and haven't seen it mentioned on here. That maybe why nobodies answering.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 am quote
Michael B. wrote:
Looks good. It would be nice to see the whole bike from the side to get the size perspective in a better way.
Here you are Michael.

DSCN0566.JPG

Hooked
GTS 300 Touring
Joined: 10 Dec 2014
Posts: 225
Location: Doncaster UK
Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:23 am quote
That blue is really gorgeous btw. As a slip on do you still need the graphite gasket?
Addicted
2016 Vespa GTS300ie Settantesimo
Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 947
Location: Starfleet Command, Engineering, UK
Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:36 am quote
buster, she is gorgeous. Personally I like the blue better than the orange. That Polini looks fantastic. Might have to think about that myself for my own GTS.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:01 am quote
smeghead wrote:
That blue is really gorgeous btw. As a slip on do you still need the graphite gasket?
No mate, it just slides up the downpipe and clamps on, no gasket.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:03 am quote
Stromrider wrote:
buster, she is gorgeous. Personally I like the blue better than the orange. That Polini looks fantastic. Might have to think about that myself for my own GTS.
Its too early to say its a great pipe but it does seem well made and fits well. Not a bad price at 302 delivered. My old Orange GTS was nice, i regret selling it.

imgp0465_19947.jpg



Last edited by buster gonads on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast
2016 gts 300 super
Joined: 13 Jan 2017
Posts: 62
Location: Waikiki
Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:15 pm quote
That looks so sexy lol, I wanted to get one myself. But seen some bad reviews saying that aftermarket exhaust move while ridding. Causing damage to scoot, have you experienced this?
Member
Gtv300
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Posts: 37
Location: Indiana
Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:30 pm quote
I wish they would make an exhaust that is quiet. I can't do the fart can sound.
Although they sure look great!
Sponsor
Granturismo, BV250, Quota, Dragster, MP3
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 3620
Location: Charleston, SC
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:26 pm quote
Iamdick wrote:
I wish they would make an exhaust that is quiet. I can't do the fart can sound.
Although they sure look great!
They did. It's called the stock exhaust.
Actually any of the homologated exhausts are pretty tame, because a homologated exhaust will meet the EU noise requirements.
Member
Gtv300
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Posts: 37
Location: Indiana
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:42 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Iamdick wrote:
I wish they would make an exhaust that is quiet. I can't do the fart can sound.
Although they sure look great!
They did. It's called the stock exhaust.
Actually any of the homologated exhausts are pretty tame, because a homologated exhaust will meet the EU noise requirements.
So there is a stock carbon fiber looking exhaust?
Sponsor
Granturismo, BV250, Quota, Dragster, MP3
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 3620
Location: Charleston, SC
Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:22 pm quote
No, but there is a carbon fiber look cover for the exhaust.

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-heat-shield-cover-605465m006

And there are other carbon fiber look goodies as well. I've got the nose piece, clutch nut cover, front suspension cover and master cylinder covers on my GT200. If anything else from the GTS fit, I'd have that too. It looks pretty good. They are all Piaggio supplied accessories, except the master cylinder covers, and they fit very well. Here is the rest of the fun...

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-master-cylinder-covers-vespa

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-engine-case-cover-605465m002

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-fender-crest-605465m004

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-horn-cover-605465m005

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-side-panels-for-gts-gtv-605465m001

https://scooterpartsco.com/vespa-parts-catalog/vespa-body-parts/carbon-fiber-look-vespa-suspension-cover-605465m003

PM Tuning makes real carbon fiber versions of these parts, but the fit isn't always as good as the faux stuff by Piaggio.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:12 am quote
piekilla wrote:
That looks so sexy lol, I wanted to get one myself. But seen some bad reviews saying that aftermarket exhaust move while ridding. Causing damage to scoot, have you experienced this?
I,v had a PM68, a Remus and now the Polini, none have caused damage, maybe thier not fitting them right, you have to slacken the two exhaust nuts on the barrel studs to allow the new pipe to sit where it wants too before tightening.
Addicted
2012 GTS 300ie Daring Plum
Joined: 21 Aug 2007
Posts: 522
Location: Northern Virginia
Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 am quote
To follow up on Buster's post --- the SIP website expressly cautions against using the Polini (or any other "racing" exhaust) with stock shocks. That is the first time I've ever read such a warning. Is this a real concern or have the lawyers been copy editing again? I'm thinking of getting a Polini, but I don't want to mess with the rear suspension -- at least not yet.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Posts: 301
Location: Yorkshire England
Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:14 am quote
I always have my shocks on the stiffest setting, i do ride two up sometimes and upto now i havent had any damage to any GTS i,v had sports type pipes on and i,v had them on 3 different GTS's, if you have crash bars on the rear the PM68 can catch them from time to time but most pipes are shorter than the PM68 used to be, so tuck up under the side panal if a bump is hit. If your rear shocks arnt in good condition then you might have trouble.
Rallies Europe 2016   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1575s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0829s) ][ Debug on ]