Onguard bar lock
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
2005 GT200 / 2006 LX150 (Stolen)
Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 am quote
I'm on the hunt for a decent chain lock security setup for a GT200 -- I now know how useless a simple disc lock can be. I've seen a few threads here about locking a scoot, but am still confused by the choices and methods. I've been looking at the Onguard Beast with T-bar, but it seems to get mixed reviews on Amazon; does anyone have experience with this lock? It looked like a possible alternative to the anti-pinch pin and chain setup.

1. The lock would only be used overnight and at my home, so portability and weight aren't necessarily a factor.
  2. It needs to be fairly convenient to use. I'm a daily rider and I know I won't use a lock if it takes me too long to secure or if I have to get down on my hands and knees to unlock my scooter in the morning.
  3. It has to look like a deterrent. A disc lock and cable locks have not discouraged these miscreants.
  4. It cannot be alarmed as our neighborhood is ruled by cats who take great delight in disturbing humans.
Enthusiast
2016 gts 300 super
Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:10 pm quote
I currently use a kryptonite chain and lock and so far no complaints. I think they are the best you can get and they even give you money if they cut the chain and steal the bike
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.0967s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0215s) ][ Debug on ]