OP
@reeza avatar
UTC

2016 GTS 300 Settantesimo

@reeza avatar
UTC quote
Hello and apologies that this is more Australian orientated, it's just harder to find scooter parts/ accessories here in OZ and when ordering overseas, the freight price is a killer.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust for the GTS 250. I'm just after some opinions and ideas.

Can anyone recommend a good brand that is easy to source in Australia. I'm hoping for something that looks and sounds good and if it helps with performance, that would be a bonus.

Also, how easy is this to do as a DYI? (I'm NOT very skilled) Or would I be better getting someone experienced to do it, and if so, any recommendations in Melbourne?

Cheers.
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP
UTC quote
You can try GPS imports in Melbourne but you'll probably get one cheaper from o.s. even with postage.
@mike_holland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige

Ossessionato
@mike_holland avatar
GTS300 Super 2015 Blue, GTS300 Super 2023 Beige
UTC quote
Import costs from the States are usually more than the goods themselves. I import a lot of parts from SIP in Germany and Vespaspares in the UK, and the postage is much more reasonable. The overseas price plus postage is usually about the same as the local price.

Mike
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Exhausts are expensive to ship because the box is so darn big. You pay about what it would cost to ship 10 kg to ship something that weighs about 6 kg.
The one caution I would have if you don't have mechanical aptitude is that because of how the exhaust studs are located, many people tighten down the easy one first, and then tighten down the difficult one. This usually creates an air leak, and the bike will backfire a lot when you decelerate. Over time, this can cause the packing in the muffler to degrade, then break down, then disappear.
There is a common misconception that a lot of aftermarket exhausts backfire. Most of it is caused by not seating the header into the head evenly. Also, a lot of the Arrow exhausts have a very small seating area on the header, compared to pipes like the PM Tuning, so they don't seal as well as they should. Another thing to be cognizant of is that if you overtighten the nuts on the exhaust studs, it's easy to break them. So be careful, and if you don't have a good sense of how tight they should be, it might be a good idea to go to someone who does.
Don't forget to remove the DBkiller.
OP
@reeza avatar
UTC

@reeza avatar
UTC quote
Thank you all very much for the tips, I really appreciate it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0602s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0360s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]