easy way to get faster top speed vespa et2
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2003 Piaggio Vespa
Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 am quote
what is the easiest way of getting more top end on a 2003 piaggio vespa 2 stroke
and what after market exhaust fits a 2003 piaggio vespa 2 stroke

thanks!
Vespa LX 50
Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 am quote
Well..well, that's not easy to answer.
The Yasuni R, for me, it's the best performance exhaust but the fit ain't that easy, but easier than in the LX50.
In my post you can see how I have it mounted, but I believe you could mount it in the ET2 without the modification I had to do.
Vespa LX Project

Best you can do, without spending much, get the Yasuni R and an aftermarket variator ramp. You could buy the whole variator but is much more expensive. You could also buy a 17.5 del'lorto Carb, not too expensive and does make a difference...Best buy, Top 74cc cylinder...
It all depends on your budget!
Addicted
GTS 250ie Super, Italjet Velocifero, Scarabeo 150, S50, ET4, ET2
Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:41 am quote
I don't have experience with the ET2 but for most 2 strokes a performance exhaust, a bigger carb and a big bore kit are the way to get more out of them. All require tuning the CVT and up jetting the carb. In some cases the boost will be small but if you do all 3 it can be big. They all require patients and tuning skills so you don't seize the engine. What ever you do enjoy the process.
2003 Piaggio Vespa
Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:18 pm quote
mrmarti wrote:
Well..well, that's not easy to answer.
The Yasuni R, for me, it's the best performance exhaust but the fit ain't that easy, but easier than in the LX50.
In my post you can see how I have it mounted, but I believe you could mount it in the ET2 without the modification I had to do.
Vespa LX Project

Best you can do, without spending much, get the Yasuni R and an aftermarket variator ramp. You could buy the whole variator but is much more expensive. You could also buy a 17.5 del'lorto Carb, not too expensive and does make a difference...Best buy, Top 74cc cylinder...
It all depends on your budget!

Thanks that is very useful but say I have a budget of 200 what shall I buy?
2003 Piaggio Vespa
Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:20 pm quote
Thanks that was very useful but say if I have a budget of 200 what shall I buy?
Vespa LX 50
Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:04 am quote
Seeing that you are from the UK, I don't know where you can look up for second hand things, however, I would recommend a secondhand yasuni R, here in spain you can get them for around 50-60euro, though if you were to buy it new, most of your budget would go for it...
If pricing in Spain and in the UK are not so different:
Big Bore Kit: Top 74CC AC- In Spain new for around 120euro.
Link to a quick search, probably could be found cheaper:
https://www.motoscoot.net/grupo-motor/cilindros/cilindro-kit-top-performances-black-trophy-ii-70c-c-piaggio-ac-d-48mm-rosca-larga.html

Yasuni R secondhand: 50 euro
Malossi multivar variator: Second hand 50euro

If in the uk prices are not the same, I would highly recommend to start getting the exhaust and the variator. The big bore kit, the cylinder can wait, though is the part you would get most performance of...
Molto Verboso
LXS 150
Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:13 am quote
Flyscreen/short windshield. The drag reduction ought to be good for 1-2 MPH.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:37 pm quote
A big bore kit will give you the most bang for your buck, followed by an expansion chamber, and then a variator. I wouldn't buy a used variator, because it is a part that wears out, and new is not much more than what was quoted for used. Used pipe, not a problem.
2001 Vespa et2
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am quote
Hi I'm looking to install a yasuni R on my et2. Any idea of what modifications I'd need to make? I'm fine with removing or modding panels and modifying the bracket but if I have to reconfigure the pipe I'm out
Enthusiast
'79 - V90 =//= 2005 - ET2
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 am quote
My ET2 recently got some performance upgrades:

-DR Evo 70cc top-end
-new crank bearings/seals
-new 17.5mm carb
-Malossi manual fuel tap- Removed oil Pump, now PeMix'n @ the Pump
-Malossi air filter
-Polini High-speed Variator kit, w/Polini Belt

First time tuning but, The performance surprised me, currently waiting on a clutch tool, so I can install the blue contra spring that came with vario kit, also have 3 sets of clutch springs I can test out, I'm hoping this improves my low end take off. The mid/top end is already pretty good.
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.5094s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0784s) ][ Debug on ]