'09 Lx50 from salvage to rally ready
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
'09 LX 78cc
Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:48 am quote
After 10 years of riding a Derbi Et2, it was time to take the plunge. Found myself a LX50 with had been written off in an accident, rebuilt (body damage only) and inspected. Asking price of 1500cdn was reduced to 1100, as the engine was so tired the seller thought I would walk away. Little did he know I had plans...

image.png
As it sat when found...

image.jpeg
Taking her home

image.jpeg
At home next to the Derbi...

'09 LX 78cc
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:02 am quote
Next up was to start ordering parts. We have a great supplier in Canada, Scootertuning.ca, who has long supported our club and rally all the way across the country in Victoria from their home in Quebec. S/o to Jean Francois and Eric, should you read this.

ScootersWest and SIP Scootershop were also targeted for their excellent knowledge, service and product ranges. I gather not many people invest in modding the LX50, so parts are pretty standard amongst all the suppliers.

The race was on, after ordering from Quebec, San Diego and Germany the same day. All the parts arrived within 24 hours of one another. Wow. SIP was so fast from so far away. Also if you use FedEx they have their own custom brokerage so fees are less and easier to deal with.

Here what I started with

Malossi 80cc 4t 2v kit
Malossi variator, belt, clutch spring, and air filter
Malossi cam shaft
TurboKit Gmax pipe with removable dB killer
Led indicators conversion kit
And some shiney stuff to make it all Vespa like (more on my relationship with shiney stuff later....)

image.jpeg
Scootertuning.ca FTW!

'09 LX 78cc
Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:12 am quote
Shop day arrives...
After fours years in scooter club, I am finally getting to know my way around a bit. However for this project we will rely on the knowledge of my friend Andrew and his very well setup shop.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Disassembly

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Put the frame away while we pull out the engine table

image.jpeg
Ready for the re & re...

Vespa LX 50
Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:46 am quote
Keep up the good work!
Any exterior mods comming?
Lurker
Vespa LX 50 2008 Rosso Dragon
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:27 pm quote
Very nice project!
You left us with the intrigue! Tell us about your results!
How did you feel it?
what is your top speed now?
What was your top speed before?
What can you say about your acceleration?
What would you recommend on omeone looking to do something similar? (like me with my recently bought LX50 '08 with less than 900 miles on it)
Do you have any pics or videos of after the upgrades while running fast?
Enthusiast
Lx 50 4t
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:18 pm quote
Yea really
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.2491s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0521s) ][ Debug on ]