@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Hi guys I have a gts300 abs asr. As many knw the abs light will come on upon startup and will go off at abt 5mph.

But mine doesn't go off and any faster then that the asr and abs will kick in. So I disabled the asr and all gone but definitely not a fix. Any clue guys?
@t5wilhelm avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa t5 Mk1

Hooked
@t5wilhelm avatar
Vespa t5 Mk1
UTC quote
Read the manual, think it wil tell you how to recalibrate asr.
Start your scooter.
Turn off the asr.
Then idle for 5 sek.
Then push brake lever and start button at same time, holde them to the asr start flashing faster.
Drive the scooter 30-50kph for more than 8 sek without stoping or losing speed/ gaining speed . Then it wil flash 2 times.
It's somthing in that direction, have done it on mine scooter, but dont remember the step a 100%. If not ask piaggio dealer

Sorry for bad english,

Wilhelm.
OP
@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
T5Wilhelm wrote:
Read the manual, think it wil tell you how to recalibrate asr.
Start your scooter.
Turn off the asr.
Then idle for 5 sek.
Then push brake lever and start button at same time, holde them to the asr start flashing faster.
Drive the scooter 30-50kph for more than 8 sek without stoping or losing speed/ gaining speed . Then it wil flash 2 times.
It's somthing in that direction, have done it on mine scooter, but dont remember the step a 100%. If not ask piaggio dealer

Sorry for bad english,

Wilhelm.
Hi Wilhelm. The abs warning light means its needs calibration? Or it means abs faulty?
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 GTS 300 Touring Rosso Vignola, 2020 BV 350 Matte Green, 1956 VL3

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
UTC quote
Have you pulled the front tire off the rim. It definitely needs recalibration if that is the case.
OP
@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Lebo wrote:
Have you pulled the front tire off the rim. It definitely needs recalibration if that is the case.
Yeap I did just that. I swapped the front bitubo shock. Any videos to watch for the calibration?
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
UTC quote
ASR SYSTEM CALIBRATION PROCEDURE. In order to maintain the effectiveness of the ASR system following the replacement of one or both tyres a calibration procedure of the system must be performed as follows on a straight flat stretch of road. Please note that the request for activation of the procedure (steps 1 to 4) must be completed within 60 sec from ignition on the engine. It is necessary that the diagnostic phase of the ASR systems and ABS is complete: for this purpose, after the key ON, ride a short distance above 5 km/h and wait for the flashing of the ABS warning light and EFI/ASR to stop. Turn the ASR system off by pressing the button on the handlebar and check that the ASR disabling warning light on. Allow the engine to idle for at least 3 seconds. Press the ASR on/off button and one of the two brake levers simultaneously for at least 4 seconds. The activation of the procedure will be confirmed by turning on the EFI/ASR warning light with a frequency of 2 flashes per second. Accelerate to a constant speed of 30 to 40 km/h and maintain it for at least 7 to 8 seconds. The end of the procedure will be indicated by the flashing EFI/ASR warning light . Once the procedure is complete it is necessary to turn off the vehicle panel (key off) and wait 30 seconds before turning the panel on (key on). In case of failure to complete the procedure within 2 minutes the EFI/ASR warning light will stay on steady and the ASR will remain off until the panel is turned off (key off). To restart the ASR it is necessary to turn on vehicle panel (key on). It is however necessary to repeat the process until it succeeds.
OP
@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Currently at this phase, the abs light doesn't not go away it stays lighted up. Even after the short distance above 5kmh. So does this mean it's abs fault or asr fault?

It is necessary that the diagnostic phase of the ASR systems and ABS is complete: for this purpose, after the key ON, ride a short distance above 5 km/h and wait for the flashing of the ABS warning light and EFI/ASR to stop
UTC

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'

Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
UTC quote
trax, I'd take it to your dealer for a proper diagnosis if you are unsure of what's going on with it. It's safest.
UTC

Hooked
Whats next?

Hooked
Whats next?
UTC quote
Double check both ABS sensor in place and wiring are OK, since the tire was removed. Sometimes a weak battery can also throw it in trouble mode. Hopefully ABS module itself is OK.
OP
@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Stromrider wrote:
trax, I'd take it to your dealer for a proper diagnosis if you are unsure of what's going on with it. It's safest.
I think I'll do just that. So far I haven't seen anything like mine on the forums yet. Nobody has issues with the abs itself only asr. Crying or Very sad emoticon
@lebo avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@lebo avatar
UTC quote
Warranty!!!
OP
@trax06 avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200

Hooked
@trax06 avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Lebo wrote:
Warranty!!!
I hope so bcos I do have aftermarket parts on it. Don't knw if that will void.
⬆️    About 3 years elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
Vespa GTS 300 SuperSport

Lurker
Vespa GTS 300 SuperSport
UTC quote
Hey trax06, just came across your post as I have the same issue. Recalibration doesn't fix it so curious what the eventual fix was for you ?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0297s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0064s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]