Is there an epidemic of Vespa thefts in North London?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12345678910Next
Author Message
Ossessionato
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 4764
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:52 am quote
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
Yes, I too am a hero in my own mind.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 36643
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:23 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
Yes, I too am a hero in my own mind.
Those are classed as offensive weapons - you'd could be arrested and possibly imprisoned if found in possession of any.
Ossessionato
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 4764
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:26 am quote
jimc wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
Yes, I too am a hero in my own mind.
Those are classed as offensive weapons - you'd could be arrested and possibly imprisoned if found in possession of any.
Oh, sorry, don't get me wrong here, I was not in any way advocating for the use of such things. Quite the opposite in fact.

Cheers!
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:54 am quote
jimc wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
Yes, I too am a hero in my own mind.
Those are classed as offensive weapons - you'd could be arrested and possibly imprisoned if found in possession of any.
Over here there are some gender specific attitudes to these items.
Mace for example; if a male is caught with it in his possession he can be charged with possession of a weapon.
If a woman is found in possession of Mace, it can be considered for her protection.
Go figure. When is a weapon not a weapon?
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 433
Location: Norf Wheezy
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am quote
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
I reckon you could sell tickets to watch this kind of combat with the urban streets replacing the Roman amphitheatre.

knife guy vs claw hammer guy vs angle grinder guy vs acid guy vs pepper spray guy

or tag team combinations of the above.
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:15 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
I reckon you could sell tickets to watch this kind of combat with the urban streets replacing the Roman amphitheatre.

knife guy vs claw hammer guy vs angle grinder guy vs acid guy vs pepper spray guy

or tag team combinations of the above.
Hey, this seems like the basis for a new reality show.

Let's contact Donald Trump and see if he thinks if he'd like to buy into it.
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
I reckon you could sell tickets to watch this kind of combat with the urban streets replacing the Roman amphitheatre.

knife guy vs claw hammer guy vs angle grinder guy vs acid guy vs pepper spray guy

or tag team combinations of the above.
You forgot the guy with the samurai sword. Perhaps we could pair him off with a Scot with a claymore, or a Frenchman with an epťe.
Or a Japanese with a real samurai.
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:09 pm quote
EN82pg wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
I reckon you could sell tickets to watch this kind of combat with the urban streets replacing the Roman amphitheatre.

knife guy vs claw hammer guy vs angle grinder guy vs acid guy vs pepper spray guy

or tag team combinations of the above.
You forgot the guy with the samurai sword. Perhaps we could pair him off with a Scot with a claymore, or a Frenchman with an epťe.
Or a Japanese with a real samurai.
I jest in many of my posts, but seriously, the violence in our society today is very alarming. It seems as though we are being inured to this.
That is what allowed the rise of alternate social movements in the 1920's and 30's in Europe.
History repeating itself?

Last edited by EN82pg on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
GTS 250
Joined: 19 Oct 2009
Posts: 686
Location: london uk
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:20 pm quote
moped gangs
Just read in today's Guardian a 10 strong gang of 'moped robbers', have just all gone down.. Most for 10 to 12 years. Moped nicking armed snatch robbery and smash n grabs at shops with extreme violence. The cops are pleased and have reiterated that they will pursue robbers, even though they ditch their helmets because they think the cops won't pursue them.. The judge did express that these scumbags were well prepared and meticulous in planning their raids.
It was a diverse bunch of robbers which just showed the usual mix of kids in North London.. Bring back football hooliganism that would keep them off the streets.
Gass silver machine gts 250
Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 300
Location: long island
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:00 am quote
Madison Sully wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
Yes, I too am a hero in my own mind.
My own mind? Not exactly. I can say my mettle has been tested in some very real, dangerous situations during a twenty year stretch on NYC streets. All a matter of record. Iíve prevailed or at least avoided serious injury. My thoughts here are from the heart. Take your chances as you see best.
Hooked
2013 GTS300ie
Joined: 12 Dec 2017
Posts: 176
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:46 pm quote
And I thought Johannesburg was gangsters paradise...?

I am surprised that the problem has not yet identified an opportunity for an effective immobiliser / siren that is installed where you have to remove body panels to access. Moving the scoot in any way without prior de-activation would result in a banshee screaming at the top of their lungs. That would enable Police to identify thefts in progress with greater ease.

Edit: In South Africa, every motorcycle that changes ownership must be micro-dotted to discourage thefts for parting out.
Edit2: I watched a few of the YouTube videos on motorcycle theft in London. Wow! Arrogant and audacious. It does seem though that there is already a "don't want to get involved" attitude by passers-by seeing portable angle grinders at work on disk locks.

As for the inputs on Mace, etc. it seems to me that the more "civilised" a country gets, the more rights it takes away from its law-abiding citizens and gives to its criminals...
Any object can be used as a weapon - car keys held protruding between the fingers in a fist are able to gouge eyes, etc. For it to be called a weapon, surely one must be able to show intent?
Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 300
Location: long island
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:55 pm quote
Itís better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 am quote
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Itís better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.
In some U.S. states, you're tried by 12, then carried by six.
Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 300
Location: long island
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 am quote
EN82pg wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
glitterballhedgehog wrote:
Are you Londoners allowed mace/pepper spray? I would carry the crowd-pleaser size and have eyes in the back of my head
I reckon you could sell tickets to watch this kind of combat with the urban streets replacing the Roman amphitheatre.

knife guy vs claw hammer guy vs angle grinder guy vs acid guy vs pepper spray guy

or tag team combinations of the above.
Hey, this seems like the basis for a new reality show.

Let's contact Donald Trump and see if he thinks if he'd like to buy into it.
He did buy into it. Big Time.
Molto Verboso
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 1778
Location: London
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:16 am quote
On a festive note - I was just called by the police and told they've arrested the burglars that did my property a couple of weeks ago.
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 29304

Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:20 am quote
ROBIN awesome Hope they get the "book thrown at them". Keep us up to date on what happens.
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 1299
Location: Minneapolis USA
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:24 am quote
London/UK attempting a more civil society
I have enjoyed reading this thread about scooter theft in London. In an
attempt to be fair, safe, and considerate, it seems the bad guys are walking
all over the public. Although I am sure they are dedicated, the police
struggle with balancing safety, individual rights while pursuing the bad guys.

DISCLAIMER: I know you good friends from across the pond view Yankees
as John Wayne Cowboys with violence first and respect for rights second.
So what I offer as a solution should be measured - after all I am a Yank.
I have offered these thoughts in prior posts.

Solution:

1. I say the Bad Guys or potential Bad Guys are statistically a small
minority.
2. Police officers are intelligent and perceptive. They probably know where these rascals live and congregate.
3. Flood those areas and arrest/detain in large numbers the likely suspects.
Charge them with every minor offense - even if it does not stick. Arrest them for spitting in the street, not crossing as a pedestrian at a cross walk,
disrespect to a police officer, loitering, disorderly conduct, not having
accurate identity documents. Keep this up for a year.
4. This crime zone enforcement works. The attorney General of New York turned New York City from a cesspool of crime into a safe tourist destination.

Result: The bad guys are hassled so bad, they are slowed down committing crime or they simply leave town.

I know, I know - violation of rights and profiling. It works if the public
supports it. Again, I know this is to Cowboy for polite society. Also,
most London folks probably don't give a flip about you scooter folks.
New York had to do something or give up to crime. Chicago has done
nothing and homicides are out of control.

Finally, even here, across the pond, the above police activity has been determined to be represent infringement on personal rights. So, like
the old Wild West Movies, bad guys beware - there is a new marshal in
town.

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota
Hooked
Matt Black 2014 300GTS Super Sport
Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 304
Location: Perranporth, Cornwall, England
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:10 pm quote
Current trouble in the UK is that Political Correctness and loony liberal attitudes pervade police hierarchy and political parties, especially in London. There's no willingness to tackle lawlessness or even bad behaviour/foul language in the streets any more. We're reaping what we've sown. You're lucky to have a local police station anywhere and as for a copper walking the streets, forget it.
Hooked
05 vespa px150 serie america
Joined: 22 Apr 2006
Posts: 300
Location: long island
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:07 pm quote
What youíre referring to has been coined ďbroken windows policingĒ Enforcing the small laws led to some big fish. It worked thanks to Bill Bratton. When he started receiving accolades, Mayor Giuliani fired him and installed imho, a ďyes manĒ NYC has had fairly drastic regime change, the cops are not supported, and I doubt they are looking to ďgrab a tiger by the tailĒ I sincerely hope we do not slide back to the bad old days.
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Joined: 30 Mar 2014
Posts: 1299
Location: Minneapolis USA
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:59 pm quote
London Scooter Theft
rjc1944,

Very bold statement on your part. I support your thoughts. I know we try to avoid political statements on this forum. I agree with this approach by ModernVespa. So, I try relate stories and let intelligent folks that populate this form draw their own conclusions. We love scooters and do not want them taken from us.

Another story. I had the good fortune of living in Southern Italy for four years while in the US Navy attached to NATO. I had a memorable chance of spending time with British military guys throwing darts and drinking beer.

The story: Southern Italy was heavy in poverty. Theft of property was bad.
There was no concern with being physically hurt - just watch your wallet and
possessions.

I bought a Ducati motorcycle and rode it everywhere. I knew I could never let it out of my sight. I even parked it next to outside restaurants were I sat to eat never more than steps away. When I stayed in small villages, I would meet with the local police and ask to leave the Ducati in their police station.

When I was due to leave Italy, I sold the bike to another sailor. I told him to
keep the bike close. It was stolen within two weeks before I left.

Now we are in modern day London. Sad story.

Best to all my Vespa friends in the UK. Again sorry for your situation. I expect you will sort it out.

Bob Copeland
Frost Bite Falls Minnesota (30 below Zero today )
Molto Verboso
LML star
Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Posts: 1700
Location: United Kingdom
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:51 am quote
think I may have posted this before or something of a similar nature

main problem in this country is the fact the police are very very short handed

they have to call in other forces to do a raid on property round here as there is not enough officers on duty to get a team together

our local police station is unmanned but there is always between four and six cars parked outside with no officers to drive them

in London they have now set up a team to try and stop the scooter crime but its only four strong at the moment and we(a bike club I am a part of) are expecting someone to nick one of the bikes they use as they seem to be out numbered

even if the police do manage to make an arrest the crown prosecution either let them off or give them a small fine

I could go on but will stop myself

prisons here are overfull so it takes a lot to actually be sentenced to do any time
Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 14958
Location: London UK
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:05 am quote
rjc1944 wrote:
There's no willingness to tackle lawlessness or even bad behaviour/foul language in the streets any more.
A female friend and I had an interesting encounter on the London underground a couple of evenings ago. A pair of young girls were talking loudly using vile language, and a mum with three children, sitting across from them, politely but firmly asked them to watch their mouths. Their response was to tell her that they could do whatever they wanted, and to prove their point they ramped up their invective.

My friend and I were standing next to all this, and at some point, when the exchange between the mum and the girls started to get heated, I turned around to the girls and said 'Ladies, leave it out. She's got three young kids with her.' That shut them up for a minute, then they started on my friend and I. I'll spare you the full details of the exchange, but at one point, one of the young women got up and started pushing my friend and I around. She grabbed me by the wrist and screamed into my face 'are you getting physical with me????' - when I pointed out that she was the one pushing and grabbing me, she sat back down, but they continued screaming obscenities and uttering threats.

At this point my friend - who is highly eloquent and of an imposing physical presence - stepped in and began telling the young women exactly how pathetic they were. The mum - who turned out to be a nurse and used to dealing with all sorts of nonsense - was giving them an earful as well. I leant down and started comforting the children, who were all crying by that time. We alighted a couple of stops before they did, but by this time, the entire carriage had turned against the two young lovelies, security had been called, and the pair of them were starting to look rather anxious.

I doubt they'll take a second to reflect on the incident - and if they do, they'll probably still manage to convince themselves that it's their god-given right to do and say whatever they want whenever they want. Still, it was good to see that they were vastly outnumbered on that occasion by people who weren't afraid to do the right thing.
Molto Verboso
2017 GTS300 Supersport (The Yella 'Un aka The Sting)
Joined: 13 May 2017
Posts: 1914
Location: UK, EU
Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 am quote
andyscooter wrote:
even if the police do manage to make an arrest the crown prosecution either let them off or give them a small fine
That'l be the court not the CPS.
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3695
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 am quote
personally I dislike iPhones (idiot phones, made for...) however, they do have 1 good feature... "find my iPhone" ...get a prepaid 365day plan, hide phone somewhere (with trickle charge or similar to keep it charged), then if it get nicked simply "find your iPhone "
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 433
Location: Norf Wheezy
Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:22 pm quote
BBC doc
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05x9kfp
Addicted
Vespa GTS Super
Joined: 24 Jul 2014
Posts: 510
Location: London
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:13 am quote
Quite a disturbing watch. Their attitude is incredible
Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 188
Location: Toronto, ON
Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:50 am quote
Video of machete-wielding gang of thugs ramming Vespas (no doubt stolen) into the store's door:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-moment-moped-thieves-brandishing-12321698

More carnage here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/16/armed-raiders-smoke-bombs-strike-chelsea-jewellers/


Vespa needs to put out GTS300 UK Edition, back to manual clutch and manual shifting!
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:20 pm quote
mingo wrote:
Video of machete-wielding gang of thugs ramming Vespas (no doubt stolen) into the store's door:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shocking-moment-moped-thieves-brandishing-12321698

More carnage here:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/16/armed-raiders-smoke-bombs-strike-chelsea-jewellers/


Vespa needs to put out GTS300 UK Edition, back to manual clutch and manual shifting!
Holy shit!
Also just heard (this morning) on the Beeb that recent murders in London have eclipsed New York in the U.S of A. How sad.
Anyhoo, London police and the Mayor Sadiq Khan say they have everything under control. I guess that's a positive.
Molto Verboso
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 1778
Location: London
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:50 pm quote
EN82pg wrote:
London police and the Mayor Sadiq Khan say they have everything under control
I wonder if the weather is nice on whatever planet they live on
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:54 pm quote
Just received this a minute ago. Perhaps that maybe part of the problem with the upsurge of violent criminality?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/violent-crime-london-scotland-yard-budget-cuts-a7681331.html
Hooked
Vespa PX 125 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 433
Location: Norf Wheezy
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4161
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 29304

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:19 am quote
WOW. Just WOW. Thoughts and prayer to all that have been affected by this.
Addicted
lx 50
Joined: 09 Oct 2017
Posts: 563
Location: Brighton
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 am quote
What I find most crazy about this is it ALL (though I doubt that) happens in London.

Iím only 40 miles away and canít see it ever taking off here in Brighton.....or any other city or town.

London is becoming too extreme between wealth and poverty. I know itís always been there but as numbers and diversity increase it can only get worse.
But any news from the states comparing the two is laughable. Trumps bollocks at that gun rally thing last month......laughable.

The last one is very sad with the poor young lady, and pray she recovers... but itís not just the physical is it.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 2985
Location: London UK
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:52 am quote
northernerbill wrote:
What I find most crazy about this is it ALL (though I doubt that) happens in London.

Iím only 40 miles away and canít see it ever taking off here in Brighton.....or any other city or town.

London is becoming too extreme between wealth and poverty. I know itís always been there but as numbers and diversity increase it can only get worse.
But any news from the states comparing the two is laughable. Trumps bollocks at that gun rally thing last month......laughable.

The last one is very sad with the poor young lady, and pray she recovers... but itís not just the physical is it.
I think the divide between rich and poor has always been massive in London and has actually narrowed in recent times. I am not sure what diversity has got to do with it either as London has been diverse and multicultural for most of my life.
The fact that we have lost over 21,000 police officers in England and Wales over the past 10 years seems to have had the biggest influence on the rising crime rate.
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 4379
Location: Home of the Alamo
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:55 am quote
ashbrook wrote:
northernerbill wrote:
What I find most crazy about this is it ALL (though I doubt that) happens in London.

Iím only 40 miles away and canít see it ever taking off here in Brighton.....or any other city or town.

London is becoming too extreme between wealth and poverty. I know itís always been there but as numbers and diversity increase it can only get worse.
But any news from the states comparing the two is laughable. Trumps bollocks at that gun rally thing last month......laughable.

The last one is very sad with the poor young lady, and pray she recovers... but itís not just the physical is it.
I think the divide between rich and poor has always been massive in London and has actually narrowed in recent times. I am not sure what diversity has got to do with it either as London has been diverse and multicultural for most of my life.
The fact that we have lost over 21,000 police officers in England and Wales over the past 10 years seems to have had the biggest influence on the rising crime rate.
Why have you lost the police officers? Low pay? Poor conditions?
Donít know, just curious.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 2985
Location: London UK
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:58 am quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
ashbrook wrote:
northernerbill wrote:
What I find most crazy about this is it ALL (though I doubt that) happens in London.

Iím only 40 miles away and canít see it ever taking off here in Brighton.....or any other city or town.

London is becoming too extreme between wealth and poverty. I know itís always been there but as numbers and diversity increase it can only get worse.
But any news from the states comparing the two is laughable. Trumps bollocks at that gun rally thing last month......laughable.

The last one is very sad with the poor young lady, and pray she recovers... but itís not just the physical is it.
I think the divide between rich and poor has always been massive in London and has actually narrowed in recent times. I am not sure what diversity has got to do with it either as London has been diverse and multicultural for most of my life.
The fact that we have lost over 21,000 police officers in England and Wales over the past 10 years seems to have had the biggest influence on the rising crime rate.
Why have you lost the police officers? Low pay? Poor conditions?
Donít know, just curious.
I could discuss it but i fear I will break one of the forum rules......
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 4379
Location: Home of the Alamo
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am quote
Fair enough.
Enthusiast
LX150
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 56
Location: Belle City
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 am quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Fair enough.
JP, this is off topic, so everyone please forgive me, but I wanted to respond to your tag. I think you might be onto something. I recall two other married couples in Mayberry (besides Otis). One was the source of a DD (domestic disturbance) that almost shed some Fife or Taylor blood. This was the ep where Andy "taught" the couple to be nice to each other. They got into the habit of being nice, and it nearly killed them. They weren't happy until they resumed fighting.
The other couple I recall was Annabelle and her "dead" husband, who wasn't dead at all, and one day returned to Mayberry.
I really think you might be onto something...
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 4379
Location: Home of the Alamo
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:43 am quote
JenniferJupiter wrote:
Jet Peddler wrote:
Fair enough.
JP, this is off topic, so everyone please forgive me, but I wanted to respond to your tag. I think you might be onto something. I recall two other married couples in Mayberry (besides Otis). One was the source of a DD (domestic disturbance) that almost shed some Fife or Taylor blood. This was the ep where Andy "taught" the couple to be nice to each other. They got into the habit of being nice, and it nearly killed them. They weren't happy until they resumed fighting.
The other couple I recall was Annabelle and her "dead" husband, who wasn't dead at all, and one day returned to Mayberry.
I really think you might be onto something...
Well, Iíll deny this if it ever gets out, but Iím a closet social demographer in my free time.
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous12345678910Next
[ Time: 0.3627s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0801s) ][ Debug on ]