Lx 125 upgrade ideas
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Vespa lx 125
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:59 pm quote
Hi guys,

I'm new here and I've seen some really helpful posts here but I have seen post dedicated to the lx 125. I have an lx 125 which is a little slow off the mark but can get to 60mph with problem. Can anyone suggest anything I can do to the bike with out putting a full malossi kit in it?
Hooked
2016 GTS 300 Settantesimo Grigio Pulsar
Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:33 pm quote
Howdy and welcome from Texas! We're so glad you joined! You will soon be receiving suggestions, but you'll enjoy more success, the more specific your questions are. Cheers!
Ossessionato
LX190
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:11 pm quote
What year is the scooter? Is it the 3v motor, fuel injected?
Lurker
Vespa lx 125
Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 pm quote
znomit wrote:
I'm not to sure as far as I know it's just a standard lx 125 made in 2005. I'm a bit of a novice to all this but after finding this forum I'm really interested in doing more to my bike.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:25 am quote
SpongeBodz wrote:
znomit wrote:
I'm not to sure as far as I know it's just a standard lx 125 made in 2005. I'm a bit of a novice to all this but after finding this forum I'm really interested in doing more to my bike.
That's 2V, carb'd.

I know it's a chunk of cash off the block, but the Malossi 190 kit is by far the best bang for buck performance improvement you can make to the LX125 or LX150. Fiddling with variators, rollers/sliders and clutch would cost more in total, and give marginal improvement. Adding the Malossi kit even while leaving all the rest stock works very well indeed.
Lurker
Vespa lx 125
Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 pm quote
jimc wrote:
SpongeBodz wrote:
znomit wrote:
That's 2V, carb'd.

I know it's a chunk of cash off the block, but the Malossi 190 kit is by far the best bang for buck performance improvement you can make to the LX125 or LX150. Fiddling with variators, rollers/sliders and clutch would cost more in total, and give marginal improvement. Adding the Malossi kit even while leaving all the rest stock works very well indeed.
That's that settled the malossi kit it is. Thanks man!!!
Hooked
ET4 187
Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:18 pm quote
SpongeBodz wrote:
jimc wrote:
SpongeBodz wrote:
znomit wrote:
That's 2V, carb'd.

That's that settled the malossi kit it is. Thanks man!!!
I did the Malossi deal to an LX125, and installed the new 187 motor just this June. It's fun! Worth every cent. I kept the stock parts otherwise. Excellent!
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3123s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0484s) ][ Debug on ]