From Dreamer to Owner, now what?
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...262728Next
Ossessionato

Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:22 pm quote
WHAT THE HECK?!! You did escape!!!

But for reals Kimono...is that snow photoshopped in? I'm having a difficult time grasping the fact that you pulled the photo off so perfectly! Also, someone's been hitting the gym all last year?

You might have started a new thread! Minimal, yet stylish winterwear for the most select connoisseur. Any dudes out there have the snowballs to also post up their wintertime beach bods in inclement snowy weather? I'm waiting for a wintertime snow picture of Voodoo in his beach shorts and his camel's hair "John the Baptist" coat that he wears!

Seems like just a few weeks ago we had multiple raging forest fires over here in Oregon, and now i see that parts of the US have snow now. Crazy.
Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:50 am quote
Kimono32 wrote:
Your “fresher temps” have now breezed down to my igloo, lynnb.... I was thinking we could update the name with “temps for those of hardy constitution and perennially cold butts”. But I’m just gonna call it “Popsicle Paradise”. Sounds kinda sweet, huh?

Yep , I'm just above you a bit in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and it certainly has cooled off enough to put the bikes into hybernation , Popsicle Paradise it will be for the next 6 months
Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 am quote
Great photos and all but IS ANYONE ELSE WORRIED SHE'S GOING TO LEAVE HER SCOOTER OUT IN THE SNOW???? Please tell me you added some Sta-Bil, turned off the petcock, ran the carb dry and then parked it somewhere out of the elements.

I'm happy to be the first contributor to the Kimono's Scooter Cover Go Fund Me if necessary.

Also if you're going to park it, roll it around once a month to avoid flat spots on the tires.

h
Molto Verboso
79 P200E, 62 Allstate, 2008 Stella
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:09 am quote
Now THAT'S the way to bring in Fall! What a fantastic photo shoot! I didn't realize you worked on the side for a modelling agency You're gonna sell a bunch of those hats.

Thanks for the fun way to wrap up your riding season. Here in Oregon, you can ride year round. Rarely does it rain so much that I can't, so I'll try to post some cool pics of my rides, while Blue is in storage, waiting for glorious spring.....

Oh, and Sandboarding?

http://www.sandmasterpark.com/

I layed the vinyl in the bathroom at Lon's shop and he made me the most bitchen sandboard, then took me to a bunch of "locals only" spots to ride. Cool dude, and sandboarding is a great way to get a workout, and spend the day in the sun, as long as you don't mind getting sand in places you never knew existed. Ha!

Speaking of sand, in his shop, he's got sand from all over the world. The sand here in Florence is very fine, but many places it's gritty and coarse.

Thanks again for the cool pics of Blue and You, doing what you two do....
Addicted
P125X, P200E
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:20 am quote
I like your first pic... very tastefully done and an excellent illustration of Hot & Cold.
Ossessionato
62 VBB1T Round Tail W/ leaner sidecar
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:06 pm quote
Apparently I planned my trip poorly.
Chandlerman - not intentionally throwing any shade of course.
🙂
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:22 pm quote
sdjohn wrote:
i'm so glad this story keeps on going, good job kimono - I know you had a challenging go at points but you and your scooter are made for each other!
Thanks, sd. 3 years of ownership and Blue and I are still on the road!! All with no professional mechanic at the helm. Just me and a LOT of help from my MV friends...
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:29 pm quote
whodatschrome wrote:
WHAT THE HECK?!! You did escape!!!

But for reals Kimono...is that snow photoshopped in?....

You might have started a new thread! Minimal, yet stylish winterwear for the most select connoisseur. Any dudes out there have the snowballs to also post up their wintertime beach bods in inclement snowy weather? I'm waiting for a wintertime snow picture of Voodoo in his beach shorts and his camel's hair "John the Baptist" coat that he wears.
Haha...... like I coulda photoshopped that snow tsunami!!! Broke ALL the records here. It was crazy! But, thanks to you and your brilliant ideas, I will never forget it. Appreciate the nice comments.

And yet ANOTHER bomb idea that you’re presenting!! A new “Show Off Your Snowballs” thread to brighten up the blah winter days.

V oodoo, I do believe a challenge has been issued......

All you other snowballs, too.

(The popcorn-eating little guy should be here, too, but for some reason can’t be accessed by phone.)
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:33 pm quote
[/quote]
Yep , I'm just above you a bit in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and it certainly has cooled off enough to put the bikes into hybernation , Popsicle Paradise it will be for the next 6 months [/quote]

Oh, so that’s where you are, lynnb! Mackinac Island is a favorite and frequent summer trip for our family. You live in beautiful country! You’re almost a yooper, but not quite.....

Last edited by Kimono32 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:39 pm quote
whereshaldo wrote:
Great photos and all but IS ANYONE ELSE WORRIED SHE'S GOING TO LEAVE HER SCOOTER OUT IN THE SNOW???? Please tell me you added some Sta-Bil, turned off the petcock, ran the carb dry and then parked it somewhere out of the elements.

I'm happy to be the first contributor to the Kimono's Scooter Cover Go Fund Me if necessary.

Also if you're going to park it, roll it around once a month to avoid flat spots on the tires.

h
Now, now, just cuz I’m wearing a swimsuit in the snow, doesn’t mean I’m a complete ditzbraine...

I’ll have you know that I carefully dried off every inch of Blue yesterday before even drying myself!

And yep, she’s full of fuel and Stabil, but thanks for the reminder to run out the carb. I did that tonight in the small confines of the garage (saving you $ on the very generous gofundme, ha ha). Door was wide open, but still..... Phewww! Eau de Two Stroke over here.

Great tip to roll the frozen tires once a month! Will do. Might coincide nicely with deep-conditioning my hair....

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:45 pm quote
qascooter wrote:
Now THAT'S the way to bring in Fall! What a fantastic photo shoot! I didn't realize you worked on the side for a modelling agency You're gonna sell a bunch of those hats.

Thanks for the fun way to wrap up your riding season. Here in Oregon, you can ride year round. Rarely does it rain so much that I can't, so I'll try to post some cool pics of my rides, while Blue is in storage, waiting for glorious spring.....

Oh, and Sandboarding?

http://www.sandmasterpark.com/

I layed the vinyl in the bathroom at Lon's shop and he made me the most bitchen sandboard, then took me to a bunch of "locals only" spots to ride. Cool dude, and sandboarding is a great way to get a workout, and spend the day in the sun, as long as you don't mind getting sand in places you never knew existed. Ha!

Speaking of sand, in his shop, he's got sand from all over the world. The sand here in Florence is very fine, but many places it's gritty and coarse.

Thanks again for the cool pics of Blue and You, doing what you two do....
Aw, you’re too kind, qa. I’d say that most people are fortunately not in the market for ear-flappy wool hats, but MN requires a unique line-up of cold weather gear.

I got that hat last weekend in an antique store in Wabasha, MN. It’s a historic little Mississippi river town where the movie Grumpy Old Men was filmed. Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau and Ann Margret starred and it’s a feel-good romantic comedy. Anyway, Walter’s character wears a hat very much like that in the movie so I was rather pleased to find that one (60’s era) in the town it was filmed.

Your sandboarding link was so intriguing. I’d never heard of the sport before, but guessing it’s a lot like snowboarding, just warmer. And grittier. I’d love to see Lon’s sand collection.

Looking forward, as always, to your great pics and stories and repair sagas. Happy Fall!

1BBD0C57-38AF-4650-8E59-C1C5354B5B77.jpeg

Last edited by Kimono32 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
I like your first pic... very tastefully done and an excellent illustration of Hot & Cold.
Thank you for the most gentlemanly compliment.

I do believe you were the first to pose in your swimsuit.....

E36889C5-F13F-4166-9EE4-04768EB7F01A.jpeg

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:50 pm quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Apparently I planned my trip poorly.
Chandlerman - not intentionally throwing any shade of course.
🙂
Nah. I could never winch your sidecar up those narrow little ramps. “Oopsie-daisy”, nervous giggle, as the unicorn falls to its demise....

Plus, I’m totally an axe-murderer.
Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:52 pm quote
Kimono32 wrote:
Now, now, just cuz I’m wearing a swimsuit in the snow, doesn’t mean I’m a complete ditzbraine...

I’ll have you know that I carefully dried off every inch of Blue yesterday before even drying myself!

Great tip to roll the frozen tires once a month! Will do. Might coincide nicely with deep-conditioning my hair....

I didn't say THAT! But should you get a melt, put on your protectives and then then nice Pendleton coat and take it down the block and back. Nothing better for long term health (you and Blue!) than to just get even the quickest zip in once a month.

FWIW, Synthetic 2T oil is way less smoky and smelly. In Europe they even have exhaust perfumes, but most of them just smell like weed.

H
Addicted
P125X, P200E
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:32 pm quote
Quote:

Awww Jeez… I’d forgotten about that pic of me in the pool. I posted that years ago to show how we do things in California where it’s warm. I guess that’s going to be my legacy on the forum… damn!
MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:12 pm quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:

Awww Jeez… I’d forgotten about that pic of me in the pool. I posted that years ago to show how we do things in California where it’s warm. I guess that’s going to be my legacy on the forum… damn!
It's a great picture. You should own it.

If you took a picture of me working on my scooter you would more than likely see in the background my disorganized and messy garage.
Ossessionato

Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:29 pm quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:

It's an equally awesome photo F Bear.
Style Maven
74 50s x3 78 P200 x2 84 Cosa PK50XL2 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special '66(?) Super125
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 pm quote
Top ten all time MV pics IMO, hers and his! But only one can never be unseen.

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:09 pm quote
whereshaldo wrote:
Kimono32 wrote:

I didn't say THAT! But should you get a melt, put on your protectives and then then nice Pendleton coat and take it down the block and back. Nothing better for long term health (you and Blue!) than to just get even the quickest zip in once a month.

FWIW, Synthetic 2T oil is way less smoky and smelly. In Europe they even have exhaust perfumes, but most of them just smell like weed.

H
Thanks, H! I see a melt is in the forecast. Planning to hit the lone 50 degree day for a quick zip up and down the block (with warm pants AND the coat, of course).

I actually like the smell of 2T, but interested to know I have an alternative. Not that Eau de Weed would be any better
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:14 pm quote
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:

And quite a legacy to have, F Bear. It’s a fabulous pic that is unforgettable. I love it! Pool + Vespa=Summer of Fun!!!
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:15 pm quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
Fatbear5 wrote:
Quote:

It's a great picture. You should own it.

If you took a picture of me working on my scooter you would more than likely see in the background my disorganized and messy garage.
Yeah. And if I woulda taken my pic in the opposite direction, you’d see my messy garage, too.
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:17 pm quote
V oodoo wrote:
Thanks, V oodoo, I think....

Waiting for your pin-up pose
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:19 pm quote
Hey Nomadinsiam,

I read your very nice post and I see it’s gone missing now. But thanks. I appreciate the nice words and I never take offense to sincere compliments.

Take care!
Style Maven
74 50s x3 78 P200 x2 84 Cosa PK50XL2 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special '66(?) Super125
Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:46 pm quote
Kimono32 wrote:
V oodoo wrote:
Thanks, V oodoo, I think....

Waiting for your pin-up pose
Compliment, yours is pretty hard to forget! The glistening blue against the white snow....

And you have guts as well as snow.
I gotta wait for snow, but gonna be January or February if at all out here on the semitropical coast. Should hit the gym for a couple months anyway to have half a chance.
Molto Verboso
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:03 pm quote
Kimono32 wrote:
Hey Nomadinsiam,

I read your very nice post and I see it’s gone missing now. But thanks. I appreciate the nice words and I never take offense to sincere compliments.

Take care!
Well, that’s a relief.😊
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:59 pm quote
Blue voted this afternoon

CC1CBE8E-1F0D-4BCF-A6A6-A586E7521EDE.jpeg

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:01 pm quote
Good job, Blue!!! Civic duty....

Wanna know which party she voted for?

AD6D398D-7DCF-4587-B307-891A2E82B8B3.jpeg

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:02 pm quote
El Tacotorro Party!!!!!! Whoop!!!

81B87212-6A09-412B-8F03-A7CD1E224920.jpeg

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:04 pm quote
Mmmmm, Taco Pollo con Salsa Verde

With chips AND guacamole, cuz life’s too short.

Happy Election Day, everybody!!!

B2DB69D7-31AA-4BC6-8E30-DAC668909D8C.jpeg

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:16 pm quote
Mmmm tacos! I’ll vote for that!

Actually, I voted early and we’re having burgers tonight. Scooted past a few polling places today, no lines at any of them. So get out and vote if you haven’t already.
Banned
2:6
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:51 pm quote
Rats!!! I missed out! Thanks for the tip, oopsclunkthud. I would definitely have sprung for that tire holder. But, I snoozed and I loozed.

I am currently looking at front racks, having received a nice crisp Benjamin for Christmas that is hotly burning a hole in my pocket.

SIP has two that I like. Both are super shiny FA Italia chrome and look almost identical. Only difference I can figure is that one sits farther out from the legshield, perhaps allowing for more weight to be carried.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/luggage-carrier-front-fa_75212000

I just plan to attach a smallish basket on the front and use to haul beach goodies or tiny groceries or take-out.....not needing to carry excessive weight. Though I’d like to be able to carry a cold cube of beer, now that I think about it, ha ha.

So, I think I’ll order the one that sits 6cm from frame instead of 15cm. You got any thoughts on this? At approx $50 shipping from SIP , I’d hate to order the wrong thing.....

Thanks again for the heads up on the tire holder!

64AA042A-7FC7-4A3F-BBB4-60064123DB43.png

Addicted
'66 Super 150
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:52 pm quote
Here’s the other one...

34F179A0-9D83-4C48-A804-89867367A107.png

Ossessionato
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:14 pm quote
Hey - I think I have a spare one of these - nice and shinny.
Your's for a song - and some shipping if you want.
Just lemme know - hit me with a PM and I'll figure out what it would take to wrap up.

IMG_8750.JPG
Here it is in its folded up position.

Last edited by charlieman22 on Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
79 P200E, 62 Allstate, 2008 Stella
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:57 pm quote
I love my front rack K. I leave the box velcro'd to it and used zip ties to hold the rack open. I also keep an insulated bag for take out so everything stays hot, or cold when I go to the grocery store.

And the best part is the rack comes off in 30 seconds, and can be moved to my other scooters.

You'll love it. I don't know what size it is because it came from V oodoo's stash of stuff.

Nice of CM2 to offer one up! I'd move on that deal before he decides to change his mind....

Oh, and the crate is an Amazon crate that I stained ...

20201217_144434_resized.jpg
Here is the rack on Olive, the 08 Stella

20210110_133710_resized.jpg
And here it is on Ruby, the 79 P200.

Addicted
1979 P200E (sold) / ZNEN Amore 150 / Genuine Buddy 170i / Genuine Stella 4T / 2009 Aprilia Sportcity One 50
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:31 am quote
Loved my front rack, too. I used it A LOT.

Hooked
Stella 2T 150, Honda C70
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:19 am quote
Kimono if you don't want this I'll take it
Hal
charlieman22 wrote:
Just lemme know - hit me with a PM and I'll figure out what it would take to wrap up.
[/code]
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:55 am quote
charlieman22 wrote:
Hey, what a GREAT offer! Thanks, CM. I’d be thrilled to take you up on it and will shoot you a pm later today (sorry, Hal. It’s way too good to pass up )

I’ve wanted a rack for a long time so I could carry more stuff, but didn’t want to drill holes in Blue, nor have one permanently installed. This easy on/easy off shiny Italian number seems perfect! Molto Elegante!!

Qa—both scoots are looking so sweet and thanks for detailing how you use your rack (nice that the gals are willing to share). The pics were really helpful to see how it looks in profile. Nice vintagey vibe with that stained Amazon crate!

Seamus—fantastic pic! A scooter camping trip, I presume? Only sad thing was the past tense of your verbiage. Loved? Used? You no longer have that Vespa?
Ossessionato
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:26 pm quote
Quote:
(nice that the gals are willing to share)
We can be a little catty - but we have our good moments.

Shoot me a note and I'll sort out some shipping in the next few days.
Addicted
'66 Super 150
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:24 pm quote
Ha ha, CM. Qa’s ladies don’t even know the meaning of Mean Girls! Just look at ‘em together, so sweet and nice and shiny.....(claws only come out after midnight while qa sleeps)

Pm sent.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...262728Next
[ Time: 0.2059s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0546s) ][ Debug on ]