Bolt With Grease Fitting
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
Hooked
2008 fuoco
Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:43 am quote
oddjob1 wrote:
Hi..first post on here.I bought fuoco 500 few months ago and would like to grease the bearings.where would I get the grease bolt from in uk?
Fowlers of Bristol is a good start , i think there on ebay UK but they may or may not be over priced there.
Enthusiast
mp3 500 2016
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:03 am quote
Hi to all

This my first time doing the grease pumping after milage of 34k km.
Do i do the 4 front bolts only?how about the back?
The top bolts seems to need alot of grease.i have pumped quite alot,only to hear some pops from the grease but none of the grease seem to be coming off the top bearings.
I did not use the special bolt but a syringe of the bolt size to help funnel the grease to the bearing area.
Besides,i tot the bottom bearing will take most of the impact.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:05 am quote
echris108 wrote:
Hi to all

This my first time doing the grease pumping after milage of 34k km.
Do i do the 4 front bolts only?how about the back?
The top bolts seems to need alot of grease.i have pumped quite alot,only to hear some pops from the grease but none of the grease seem to be coming off the top bearings.
I did not use the special bolt but a syringe of the bolt size to help funnel the grease to the bearing area.
Besides,i tot the bottom bearing will take most of the impact.
Just the front. Doing this and using most of a tube of grease fills pretty much the entire tower in which the bearings sit.
Keep putting grease in until you see it come out either top or bottom bearing sets. It takes a LOT.
Lurker
VBB1T Vespa 150
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:55 am quote
So... does it take two or four bolts with grease fittings in the MP3 front end steering if one just wants to swap out the bolts and leave in place those with grease fittings?

Thanks.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 am quote
railfancwb wrote:
So... does it take two or four bolts with grease fittings in the MP3 front end steering if one just wants to swap out the bolts and leave in place those with grease fittings?

Thanks.
Four.
Molto Verboso
Kymco AK550
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 pm quote
railfancwb wrote:

Thanks.
Actually you don't need any special bolts. Any grease gun or large syringe can be used to inject the grease after removing each bolt in turn. No pressure is required so its easy to seal a flexible tapered spout in the tapped hole. High volume required but very little pressure. I believe grease can even be purchased in the kind of cartridge used for silicon sealant but I just used an old spout on my grease gun. Eventually grease will ooze out of the bearings top and bottom, so much is wasted but at least that forces out any dirt.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
[ Time: 0.1395s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0376s) ][ Debug on ]