Yamaha Niken
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
Ossessionato
Midnight Blue MP3 400
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:46 am quote
It's here and being reviewed in the Los Angeles Times:

https://goo.gl/6BffMz

Yamaha's 3-wheel Niken is an exceptional motorcycle. Maybe too exceptional
Ossessionato
2009 MP3 500 - The Iridescent Chameleon, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125, 2016 Indian Scout Sixty
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:37 am quote
The first run was available by pre-sale only. My local dealer apparently did get one (which surprised me), but as it was pre-sold, it was already gone.

I think I read that Yamaha is talking about making it a full production bike (the Niken GT), but I can't cite a source for that...

Edit: Looks like the GT is being sold the same way, by reservation only:

https://www.cycleworld.com/yamaha-debuts-2019-niken-gt

Mark
Piaggio MP 3 Lt 300.
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:21 am quote
UK Niken Trike ?.
Hi.

Would it be possible to change the front suspension legs over. Offside to near side and vice versa with a view to widen the track.

If 460mm plus could be achieved presumably it might be re-classed as a trike in the UK.

If a crashed/written off Niken came along it would make an interesting project. One of my friends suggested wheel spacers but they might be too wide.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards. Granty.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:09 pm quote
looks really familiar

https://i.imgur.com/vEZiOnM.jpg

niken front end.jpg

Piaggio MP 3 Lt 300.
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:10 am quote
Re: UK Niken Trike ?.
granty wrote:
Hi.

Would it be possible to change the front suspension legs over. Offside to near side and vice versa with a view to widen the track.

If 460mm plus could be achieved presumably it might be re-classed as a trike in the UK.

If a crashed/written off Niken came along it would make an interesting project. One of my friends suggested wheel spacers but they might be too wide.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards. Granty.
Hi.

Just realized, spacers would'nt work without changing the legs over.

Regards.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:20 pm quote
granty wrote:

Why go to all that trouble, expense, and uncertainty rather than just getting a motorcycle license?
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2007 MP3 250
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:34 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
granty wrote:

Why go to all that trouble, expense, and uncertainty rather than just getting a motorcycle license?
I passed my M/C test back in the dark ages 'just go round the block a couple of times, and i'll stand here and watch you' .. It's a lot more involved and expensive nowadays, probably costs about £600 to £700 if you want to hop on an 850cc
Piaggio MP 3 Lt 300.
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:21 am quote
Hi all.

I'm now 75 years young and started biking about four years ago. Started on MP 3s and would have still been on one if I hadn't got myself a unreliable one that became a maintenance headache.

I'm now on a CB 125 F and to be honest I feel as if Im a hinderance at times to other motorists, going uphill and into wind. Im frequently tailgated by the minority.

I have to display L plates, can't go on motorways or take an unqualified pillion.

In the spring of this year Im going back to Piaggio and give the MP 3 another go. Im going for a 500 Sport or HPE.

Currently I wont need to display L plates, I'll be able carry a pillion passenger and travel on motorways.

Whoopee. Regards.
Ossessionato
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:14 am quote
granty wrote:
Hi all.

I'm now 75 years young and started biking about four years ago. Started on MP 3s and would have still been on one if I hadn't got myself a unreliable one that became a maintenance headache.

I'm now on a CB 125 F and to be honest I feel as if Im a hinderance at times to other motorists, going uphill and into wind. Im frequently tailgated by the minority.

I have to display L plates, can't go on motorways or take an unqualified pillion.

In the spring of this year Im going back to Piaggio and give the MP 3 another go. Im going for a 500 Sport or HPE.

Currently I wont need to display L plates, I'll be able carry a pillion passenger and travel on motorways.

Whoopee. Regards.
Can I recommend you check out the Peugeot Metropolis 400, it's what i'm going with next (sick and tired of the notchy bearing thing on MP3s)
Piaggio MP 3 Lt 300.
Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:30 am quote
fleece wrote:
granty wrote:
Hi all.

Whoopee. Regards.
Can I recommend you check out the Peugeot Metropolis 400, it's what i'm going with next (sick and tired of the notchy bearing thing on MP3s)
Hi.

Interesting one that. Four hundred cc and maybe a better reliability record. Im going to read the reviews now. Thanks for the info. (Had the notch issue on my first MP 3)
Ossessionato
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 am quote
I tried one last year, along with a 300cc Yourban, the Pug won hands down IMO

DSC_0304.JPG

_20180623_170620.JPG

Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion Previous12
[ Time: 0.2532s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0596s) ][ Debug on ]