in original look?
LOUD IS OUT!
The times when you as a Tennager about the
tinny sound of an Italian racing pear
his Vespa is over are over. Who today PX,
or another PX motorized Vespa drives, either goes
the most uncompromising way beyond
25 hp or loves original or unobtrusive.

What the original like Sport exhaust systems can, if you can not do it with one Tuning cylinder, but on one 100% original engine used, we have tested for you. For many years the "Sito Plus" was from Sito top dog among the alternatives to the original exhaust, because there was just nothing else. The "Sito Plus" was / is copied from the quasi original Sport exhaust of the Vespa T5 and is still offered unchanged. In recent years, the two have leading shops in the scooter segment, S.I.P. and scooter center, two developed their own systems, the "SIP Road "and the BGM" BigBox ". Both Exhaust systems are now available already in several variants. 2016 has now also Polini with the "ORIGINAL" refilled and another large-scale production Sport exhaust system in original look brought on the market. We tested all the facilities for you a standard Vespa PX 125 and a PX 200, both in unthrottled Version without catalyst. The assembly All facilities were consistently easy. Although we had to with all plants pry something and press to the to be able to attach a large screw, but there is also a original exhaust from the Piaggio parts shelf usually not with fame. While getting up at Sito and Polini the sole manifold attachment by means of Clamp familiar the systems of BMG and SIP optional also via a fastening means Feathers. The 125cc test: Even if the peaks only distinguish in the area behind the comma, so you can compare with each other but clear differences recognize. In performance and Torque has the Polini to 5,500 RPM nose in front of everyone else, but then it is over and he slips at the end of the field. The BGM BigBox can the Polini until 5,000 rpm follow, but then happens here too not much anymore. The two plants of SIP, the Road 2.0 and its sports version (2 tailpipes) follow the BGM and overtake him from 5,800 rpm, where the sports version of the SIP again significantly better than the standard version. Surprisingly good, despite his old age, suggests the Sito Plus. Although he can not up to 5,000 rpm keep up, but then clarifies more than his competitors until he at 6.149 rpm with 9.1 PS the top brand puts. Conclusion: It is hard, here a winner identify. Who torque loves and the throttle from 6,000 U / min back, must certainly the Choose Polini. Who his quarter liter like to turn and so does that chooses last km / h between one of the two SIP Roads and the Sito Plus. The BMG BigBox Sport exhaust system he can not keep up more. In the peak of the Performance here has the nose of Polini just ahead, quite contrary to ours Guesses after the 125cc test, what we say about torque again placed in front. The Torque crown sits down this time the SIP Road Sport and only the BMG BigBox TOURING can still be here keep up. From 5,800 rpm lay the however, both versions of the SIP Road again after and make yourself to the persecution of Polini, from 5,500 rpm leads the field. Conclusion: Even if the Polini with cleaner Curve and record at the He scores top performance, he can Reason of missing torque his competitors from SIP and BMG in this insert not the water rich. The BMG TOURING is at Torque still in the front, can in higher speeds but not reloading. Our test winner is about it in this comparison of the SIP Road in Sport execution, since he up to 5,000 rpm clear nose in terms of torque has at the front and then again Performance and speed packs on it. Note: We all have exhaust - equipment tested Plug & Play as this in our opinion, also the procedure an end user is who is looking for one Replacement exhaust the performance of his Vespa wants to improve and the thing with the unfortunately missing Street legal not so close looks. No manufacturer put his exhaust - an assembly instruction with any tips for better engine tuning where, by a Fine tuning of ignition timing and carburetor injection certainly too still individual improvements too achieve!
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
UTC quote
Short version:

"Conclusion: It is hard, here a winner identify."
OP
@poidog avatar
UTC

Drama Free
79p200e 66smallstate 85pk50xl 84p125ets 63GL

Drama Free
@poidog avatar
79p200e 66smallstate 85pk50xl 84p125ets 63GL
UTC quote
SoCalGuy wrote:
Short version:

"Conclusion: It is hard, here a winner identify."
BWAHAHAAHAHA!!!

I would have paid you to do my crib notes and summaries all through UNI!
UTC

2005 PX150, 2012 Stella 4t

2005 PX150, 2012 Stella 4t
UTC quote
I just replaced the worn Sito Plus on my otherwise-stock PX with a SIP Road 2. The SIP definitely has more midrange torque than the Sito in 2nd and 3rd gear, which is especially noticeable on the SF hills and with my girlfriend on the back. Both are night-and-day better than my Stella 4t, which ran out of revs at 25mph in 3rd, but the SIP is a revelation.
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
quen047 wrote:
I just replaced the worn Sito Plus on my otherwise-stock PX with a SIP Road 2. The SIP definitely has more midrange torque than the Sito in 2nd and 3rd gear, which is especially noticeable on the SF hills and with my girlfriend on the back. Both are night-and-day better than my Stella 4t, which ran out of revs at 25mph in 3rd, but the SIP is a revelation.
Yeeeeeaaaaaah, I'm going to need one of these for my bike. I've got a Sito that's almost falling apart.
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
Very interesting! Thanks for putting that up.

Don't forget this one - https://www.scootering.com/the-vespa-big-box-exhaust-test/ although it's a 200-only comparison.

Comparing the figures between the two is a bit surprising - the baseline figure of 12.2 PS (12.02 HP) from the German test, and baseline from the English test results in 9.93 HP.
However I guess this is more about the comparison of different exhausts rather than different tests.

I was surprised that the SIP road twin-pipe version (didn't know it was called the 'Sport') delivers more power than the vanilla one. I'd always avoided it because of the wheel removal issues. But the power kicking in at 500 rpm lower is significant, as is it's ability to rev higher than the rest. At least on the 200 anyway.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0292s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0063s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]