S.I.P. Scooter Shop
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
2020 Primavera 150
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:02 am quote
Hello, all. I'm brand-new here and tried to see if my question was addressed before, so forgive me if I missed it.

My issue is this: I'd like to order a couple of items for my 2020 Primavera 150 from SIP Scooter Shop (flyscreen & rear rack), and think I found what I need. Troubleis, when they list compatible models for these accessories, it seems they go no deeper than 2016, and the models themselves are (understandably) European versions.

Just wondering if I'm safe to buy these (if they'll fit).
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:15 am quote
Out of curiosity, just wondering why you arenít ordering from somewhere in the United States? Unless the flyscreen and rear rack are ďEuro onlyĒ parts, you should be able to source either of those stateside and save on shipping, international transaction fees on your credit card, etc. Nothing against SIP - theyíre awesome - but if youíre new here, Iím guessing you might be new to scooters in general and not know the places to look.

Motorsport Scooters (San Diego, CA) www.scooterwest.com

Scooter Parts Co. www.scooterpartsco.com

Give them a try and see if you canít find what youíre looking for.
Molto Verboso
Vespa Super 300
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm quote
I have ordered a number of things from Scooterwest and had nothing but good experience. I did get my windshield from the place I had purchased my scooter from and they were also very good. They are in Chicago.
Hooked
2017 GTV 300
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:53 pm quote
Hello

I have ordered a few items from S.I.P. with no issues. The international shipping takes a while but otherwise very good service. Also I have emailed them questions in the past a received and answer addressing of my concerns before placing my order.
Molto Verboso
GTS 250i.e.
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:54 pm quote
The flyscreen and rear rack will fit. No change to those areas since the primavera was released.
Hooked
Primavera 150
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:23 pm quote
I've found SIP to be enough cheaper to offset freight. I saved a couple hundred bucks buying new wheels from them.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:27 pm quote
EU dealers impose far less mark-up than US ones, plus US dealers get charged more by Piaggio for parts in the first place. So buying from the EU for delivery to the US can often make good sense despite possible extra shipping costs - plus the parts availability is better. There's no tax to pay, unless Customs get involved, which has never happened to me for scooter parts. Also delivery is often quicker if you're near a main hub.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:15 pm quote
jimc wrote:
EU dealers impose far less mark-up than US ones, plus US dealers get charged more by Piaggio for parts in the first place. So buying from the EU for delivery to the US can often make good sense despite possible extra shipping costs - plus the parts availability is better. There's no tax to pay, unless Customs get involved, which has never happened to me for scooter parts. Also delivery is often quicker if you're near a main hub.
Learned something new today! I didnít realize their prices were any different than what we pay here in the US (other than currency conversion differences, of course). Iíll have to add them to my list of places to Internet window shop!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:14 pm quote
Masala wrote:
jimc wrote:
Learned something new today! I didnít realize their prices were any different than what we pay here in the US (other than currency conversion differences, of course). Iíll have to add them to my list of places to Internet window shop!
Get yourself a Transferwise account and don't ever pay extortionate bank/credit card fees again!
https://transferwise.com/us

A very happy customer for several years.
Hooked
2019 Primavera 150 Touring
Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:43 pm quote
DO IT!!!!!! I don't know how many time's I have told people to buy from SIP Scootershop if they want to save the most money! Seriously the cheapest spot to buy scooter parts especially if you are buying multiple items. I had a bad experience once where my items got lost for 3 months but that was only one time. That is also the time to buy little small memorabilia because they are so rare and can't find them at other places! Do it, oh and don't pay the extra money for the faster shipping not worth it, just pay the regular shipping and save your money. I paid for the fastest shipping, that's when it got lost. lol
Ossessionato
1964 GS 160 MK II, 1967 Vespa GT, 1968 SS180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1964 Vespa VBB, 2006 Buddy 125, 2013 BMW C650GT
Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:59 am quote
Like Super Duplex Stainless Steel some things only come from Germany.

For most of my parts I buy within US however SIP has parts that US suppliers don't carry due to low demand, like for a fully hydraulic front Grimeca disc brake conversion for a 67 GT.

I also trust their parts. There are so many counterfeit bearings out there that I only trust a few suppliers for them being the real deal and SIP is one of them.

I have never had a problem ordering from them.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:17 am quote
Just FWIW, they give a nice discount to Vespa Club of America members.

I tend to like giving business to more local suppliers, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:02 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Just FWIW, they give a nice discount to Vespa Club of America members.

I tend to like giving business to more local suppliers, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Thatís a great reminder - thanks!
2020 Primavera 150
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:21 am quote
Thanks for all the insight, everybody (I've always made it a point to join the best forum I can find for just about every interest I have--looks like this place was the right choice!).

I did find the things I wanted at Scooterwest as well, and love that site, too, for all the instructional videos. I was surprised to find--as many of you warned--that the total prices + shipping were actually about the same at SIP as with the stateside vendors.

Probably will go with SIP, all considered, but am still comparison shopping.

Thanks again for all the great advice!
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2851s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0531s) ][ Debug on ]