OP
@troubletribbles avatar
UTC

@troubletribbles avatar
UTC quote
Anyone experienced with Bangkok have advice on where to buy parts? I'm down here for the weekend and can't get a hold of my usual shop. A saw a past post but it was for vintage parts, this is for a modern Vespa.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
I can only speak for Vietnam. In the major cities there were markets where you could buy ANYTHING. Amidst the ~3m^2 booths were tens of motorbike parts dealers. Look closely at what you purchase. I saw door closers being sold as steering dampers!
@paddlenround avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150

Ossessionato
@paddlenround avatar
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
There is a Vespa dealer for modern Vespa's on Thong Lor.

https://www.facebook.com/vespa.thonglor

Vintage parts are available in Chinatown, the Huai Khwang Night Market and the train market (Maeklong Railway Market). But they do carry some universal accessories.

It depends on what you are trying to locate. Vespa Thonglor also has a separate Piaggio shop a mile away.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Just make sure you unwrap the package to make sure its not incorrectly labelled. I hear that can happen thereabouts.

@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
I have never seem anything for modern Vespa's anywhere other than a Vespa dealer. But I'm not a volume purchaser of anything Vespa.

I have never seen any independent Vespa parts places. Vespa here are relatively expensive and so and considered a bit up market. If one can afford one then one generally can afford to take it to the dealer.

Just because people think Bangkok or Thailand are cheaper to lve than other places, i.e the west, do not assume that stuff is cheaper here. It is usually not, if it is imported. Like Vespa spares from Vietnam.

If you are from a place where Vespa parts are unobtainable then OK. It is Saturday which left the weekend planning a bit late.

There is almost nothing modern at Huai Khwang Night Market. The "Railway" Night Market is a joke. Mostly a trap for people who organize their life by mobile phone. Losts of sort of antique shops and racks and racks of clothing for young women There are a few stores than purport to be scooter places but they have no stock. They list themselves as distributors or dealers but are not for practical purposes.

NSM Vespas are a different story. Yes there are parts in Chinatown but that is a very big place. Looking for anything there can take a week of just wandering around. MSM Vespas for the most part are used like mules by couriers type guys. So there is very little in the way of bling.

Best to translate what you want into Thai using Google Translate and try searching that way.
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
UTC quote
Sam Mai can help...

Bangkok parts/shop/contact
@ryanlionrawr avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Sprint 3v i.e. 150cc

Enthusiast
@ryanlionrawr avatar
Sprint 3v i.e. 150cc
UTC quote
You can try Mr. Balon. around 30 mins away from bangkok central. plenty of modern vespa parts

8 Lat Phrao Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Chaokhunsing, Khet Wang Thonglang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10310

http://www.mr-balon.com/

or you could try Big Daddy moto club.. if you have a more exotic taste.

https://www.facebook.com/bigdaddymotoclub/
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
UTC quote
ryanlionrawr wrote:
You can try Mr. Balon. around 30 mins away from bangkok central. plenty of modern vespa parts
I stand corrected. Still at least everything looks genuine.
Whoever heard of RGS variators? Facepalm emoticon
Punters will buy any old junk these days
@ryanlionrawr avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
Sprint 3v i.e. 150cc

Enthusiast
@ryanlionrawr avatar
Sprint 3v i.e. 150cc
UTC quote
waspmike wrote:
ryanlionrawr wrote:
I stand corrected. Still at least everything looks genuine.
Whoever heard of RGS variators? Facepalm emoticon
Punters will buy any old junk these days
Well, you'll be surprised at the quality and performance of taiwanese aftermarket parts.. it's pretty impressive actually.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0286s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]