Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:31 am quote
I'm just off to get some popcorn.

Bill x
Hooked

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 am quote
Tipper wrote:
same engine as the lexmoto Diablo
Interesting . . the Lexmoto Diablo 125 does have roller rocker arms.

18x14mm variator weights

818-19.7-28 belt

Stator design would appear to indicate an AC-CDI system.

Last edited by tortoise on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
eeee-bip
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:53 am quote
Plastic
I don't know or really care but this is going to be fascinating.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:07 am quote
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
Flavoured or are you going old school with just some salted butter?
eeee-bip
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:15 am quote
Cover
An excellent question.

If I go for salty the argument is going to get more animated.

If I go for sweet the protagonists will be hugging at the end.

Bill x
Hooked

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:24 pm quote
Typical China GY6 125/150 requires removing the kick-start lever, before removing the CVT cover, because of the gear assembly design.

Royal Alloy 125/150 appears similar to Sym which has the kick-start gear assembly IN the CVT cover.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:

Bill x
Flavoured or are you going old school with just some salted butter?
Is there room on the couch for one more? Iím more a beer and potato chips kinda guy though.

A+ Thread.
eeee-bip
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:53 pm quote
Place
Sure, there's more than enough room.

Pizza later ?

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:02 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
A Vespa needs to be true to it's origins and so should anything labelled Lambretta. Other than that there are only a few things that make a scooter a "scooter". Step through design, CVT (now anyway), a platform for the feet and I think that's really about it. In many cases now the lines have really been blurred between motorcycle and motor scooter.

I love the classic look and TBH I also love power and speed. The problem is it seems one has to come at the expense of the other. Maybe someday a manufacturer will figure it out. Ideally Piaggio with the Vespa line.
Rear mounted engine.
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:00 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
Edit with an update,the 125/150 engine is the same as the SYM engine,its made by a third party and assembled by Hanway.
Wow, you're really a wealth of information on this scooter. When you say same as the SYM engine, do you mean SYM makes it, or that it's a Chinese GY6 engine that uses 20x15 roller weights in the variator instead of 18x14? I have seen other bikes made in China that use SYM engines, and there is a sticker on them with the SYM logo. Where is it located on this bike? How is it made by one company and assembled by another? Is Hanway installing engines they buy somewhere else in the bike, or are they getting a bunch of parts and putting them together to make an engine?
Motovista, it's about time you gave up on this as you are so far off beam with what you are saying. I've been following the whole Scomadi and RA thing for years and you don't seem to have a clue about the actual facts. No offence meant. The RA scooters are fantastic and are selling quite well over here. They are rising stars and mechanically and in every other way well engineered.
Hooked
P200 (sold) *Elite 250 *Buddy 161 *125cc Passport *Trail 90 *K-Pipe 125

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:59 am quote
Stromrider wrote:
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
Edit with an update,the 125/150 engine is the same as the SYM engine,its made by a third party and assembled by Hanway.
Wow, you're really a wealth of information on this scooter. When you say same as the SYM engine, do you mean SYM makes it, or that it's a Chinese GY6 engine that uses 20x15 roller weights in the variator instead of 18x14? I have seen other bikes made in China that use SYM engines, and there is a sticker on them with the SYM logo. Where is it located on this bike? How is it made by one company and assembled by another? Is Hanway installing engines they buy somewhere else in the bike, or are they getting a bunch of parts and putting them together to make an engine?
Motovista, it's about time you gave up on this as you are so far off beam with what you are saying. I've been following the whole Scomadi and RA thing for years and you don't seem to have a clue about the actual facts. No offence meant. The RA scooters are fantastic and are selling quite well over here. They are rising stars and mechanically and in every other way well engineered.
So what you're saying is since they're "fantastic and selling quite well" and "rising stars" they must have SYM engines. Seems legit. SYM engines confirmed!
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:10 am quote
Tipper wrote:
I am,thanks. Iíve been running the uk owners group for a coulple of years now and have a pretty good relationship with the importers and the ceo of RA.

Itís not made by SYM no. Itís just the same model of engine made by another company and assembled by Hanway. Much like piaggio engines/whole scooter are made in China and then assembled I Italy so they can say they are made in Italy.

Iíll find out the exact model of engine for you if you like.

Happy to help ☺️
I think it might be good for potential buyers of this bike to hear about your experience with your personal bike. What year is it, which engine, how many miles, any issues etc?
Enthusiast

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:56 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
I am,thanks. Iíve been running the uk owners group for a coulple of years now and have a pretty good relationship with the importers and the ceo of RA.

Itís not made by SYM no. Itís just the same model of engine made by another company and assembled by Hanway. Much like piaggio engines/whole scooter are made in China and then assembled I Italy so they can say they are made in Italy.

Iíll find out the exact model of engine for you if you like.

Happy to help ☺️
I think it might be good for potential buyers of this bike to hear about your experience with your personal bike. What year is it, which engine, how many miles, any issues etc?
No luck on the engine specs so far,my contact is currently travelling around Europe so I think he's pretty busy.

The scooter I had on test for about six months was the plastic model which is fairly different to the metal bodied model you have over in the USA. Over there the GT (plastic bodied) is the base model and the GP (metal bodied) is the premium model.

I posted my review in this thread a few days ago,you can see some more of my thoughts on it here https://www.facebook.com/rollingontens/

It was a 2018 GT 200 with the aprilia engine (actually 181cc) Im not sure how many miles I covered on it because the odometer stopped working,a common issue with the earlier scooters which has now been resolved at the factory.

As far as an owner experience the UK market was very quickly flooded with scooters,most parts were available to dealers the next day and if something isnt in stock it usually takes three weeks to come in from China.

Obviously your experience may be different on that side of the pond because of the different importer/distributor but as far as I know Genuine have a pretty good rep.

San Francisco scooter shop have a good load of photos of the RA on their facebook page and seem impressed with it so far.

My best advice to anyone curious is to contact a dealer and go see/ride one in person.

As for the whole back story,Im not surprised you got it all wrong. There is a lot of spin and misinformation being spread around the internet as an attempt to save face. Luckily in the digital age the correct information is available directly from the courts.

Scomadi are really suffering over here in my opinion (I have to add that because they like to sue people). 'Scomadi UK' which was the original importation and distribution company has gone into liquidation and Scomadi world wide is now at least 75% owned by Thai investors.

The new Scomadi TT has only been shipped over to the UK in very small batches and the TT 200 hasn't yet met EU 4 standards (they cant fit the ABS system under the panels) so a handful of scooters were shipped over and put through SVA (standard vehicle inspection) to circumnavigate the EU regulations.

Importation has been taken over by a UK dealer.

It is a real shame,Scomadi could have been a great British success if the company was managed better from the outset. But as with many kickstarted campaigns (cough cough SKULLY) ego and inexperience got in the way.
Enthusiast

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:58 am quote
dasscooter wrote:
Stromrider wrote:
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
So what you're saying is since they're "fantastic and selling quite well" and "rising stars" they must have SYM engines. Seems legit. SYM engines confirmed!
I think my comment which you quoted cleared up the whole SYM thing.
eeee-bip
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 am quote
Platter
Drum roll please.

Bill x
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:15 am quote
peace offering
I don't have much to offer technically or even in the subject matter, but I made a peace offering for both sides this morning while reading this thread.. Hope it lightens the mood! Go ride your scooters and enjoy your day!

https://youtu.be/V7nWwtwfEOs

Last edited by swiss1939 on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:18 am quote
Re: peace offering
swiss1939 wrote:
I don't have much to offer technically or even in the subject matter, but I made a peace offering for both sides this morning while reading this thread.. Hope it lightens the mood!

https://youtu.be/V7nWwtwfEOs
Fake news,the suit is normal size he just has a really small head.
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:20 am quote
Re: peace offering
Tipper wrote:
Fake news,the suit is normal size he just has a really small head.
Hooked

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:18 am quote
My friend just sent me this. Fitting!

https://www.captiongenerator.com/1449062/Htler-Reacts-to-the-Royal-Alloy
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:40 pm quote
Stromrider wrote:
Let me apologize if you feel I slighted or otherwise maligned one of your Country's national treasures. I thought Royalalloy was just another Chinacenti company making yet another Fauxbretta, but I did further research (on their website, of course), and discovered that, and I quote, "Royal Alloy is a 'British Brand' located in the North of England...,"
Apparently if you head North from London, take a right on any road heading East, and keep going, you can visit their factory in the very Eastern most part of the North of England, assuming your vehicle floats. Here's a map.

London ----------> Royalalloy Factory (each - on the map represents 1,000 miles)
Hooked

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 pm quote
Tipper wrote:
San Francisco scooter shop have a good load of photos of the RA on their facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pg/San-Francisco-Scooter-Centre-Inc-106764361374/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10151835512266375&ref=page_internal
Enthusiast

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:50 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Stromrider wrote:
Let me apologize if you feel I slighted or otherwise maligned one of your Country's national treasures. I thought Royalalloy was just another Chinacenti company making yet another Fauxbretta, but I did further research (on their website, of course), and discovered that, and I quote, "Royal Alloy is a 'British Brand' located in the North of England...,"
Apparently if you head North from London, take a right on any road heading East, and keep going, you can visit their factory in the very Eastern most part of the North of England, assuming your vehicle floats. Here's a map.

London ----------> Royalalloy Factory (each - on the map represents 1,000 miles)
Bloody hell even when you're being sarcastic you're wrong !
RA is in fact a British company,registered in the UK (check the companies house website) and the CEO is a guy named Steve.

You do realise that quite often companies based in one country get their products manufactured in ............another country dont you ?
Hooked

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:58 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Stromrider wrote:

Next thing you know youíre going to tell me Chicago Scooter Company scooters arenít made in Chicago!
Ossessionato
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:11 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Stromrider wrote:

No need to apologies Motovista. Just realise your comments in this thread speak volumes concerning your lack of knowledge...but that's ok. We can't all know everything....but I note you still keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper! Lol...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:04 pm quote
This is getting a little complicated. So I'm told that Royal Alloy is maybe a British Company which just happens to have its scooters built in China by Hanway. As it so happens, Genuine Scooters is an American Company which obtains and imports scooters built in Taiwan, India, and China. But if Genuine Scooters is now importing Royal Alloys and selling them in the US; who do they obtain them from and what role is played by the British Company?

I own a Genuine Buddy which is built in Taiwan by PGO and sold in the US by Genuine Scooters. Genuine Scooters provides warranties, parts, and technical support. That much I understand and it has worked for me. The rest of this is somewhat more confusing.

Last edited by Dooglas on Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
eeee-bip
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:06 pm quote
Do
If you went 1000 mile North of London you'd be in the sea.

Just sayin.

Give it up.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 pm quote
Throw
I'm going to chuck this in.

What percentage of a scooter is made up of the engine ?

50% 60% ?

So if that amount of the scooter comes from another manufacturer just how much of your German or British product comes from that country ?

Also if a Scomadi came with a Piaggio 279 unit why not just buy a GTS as it probably going to be better built and it's going to be easier to obtain spares.

Bill x
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:32 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
But if Genuine Scooters is now importing Royal Alloys and selling them in the US; who do they obtain them from...?
Apparently some guy named Steve.
I think they've got a royal warrant that says, "By Appointment to His Majesty, Prince Buster."
Come to think of it, what really got me confused about their Britishness was that when I saw them at Eicma none of the people at the Royal Alloy booth knew what a cheeky Nandos was, but they did know the price in renminbi.
Another thing that has me puzzled about these scooters is the colors. When I was looking at the Royal Alloy lineup to figure out which one to buy now that I'm convinced it's not a cheap Chinese GY6 scooter, it looks like they have different colors than when I first saw them. Does anyone know if "London Double Decker Bus Red" is the same color as the old "Our National Flag Red?"
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
This is getting a little complicated. So I'm told that Royal Alloy is maybe a British Company which just happens to have its scooters built in China by Hanway. As it so happens, Genuine Scooters is an American Company which obtains and imports scooters built in Taiwan, India, and China. But if Genuine Scooters is now importing Royal Alloys and selling them in the US; who do they obtain them from and what role is played by the British Company?

I own a Genuine Buddy which is built in Taiwan by PGO and sold in the US by Genuine Scooters. Genuine Scooters provides warranties, parts, and technical support. That much I understand and it has worked for me. The rest of this is somewhat more confusing.
This is how it works- A company decides they want to mass produce and sell a product (Scomadi worldwide,RA engineering and so on).

That company goes to a manufacturer and say 'we would like you to produce our product and they do a deal.

The company then looks for other companies to handle the importation,distrobution,promotion,warranty cover,technical support in each country they wish to sell the product. In the UK this company is called Moto GB,in the USA this company is Genuine.

RA engineering is a British company.

Hanway,the manufacturer have factories in Thailand and China.

Genuine are based in Chicago.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:38 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
But if Genuine Scooters is now importing Royal Alloys and selling them in the US; who do they obtain them from...?
Apparently some guy named Steve.
I think they've got a royal warrant that says, "By Appointment to His Majesty, Prince Buster."
Come to think of it, what really got me confused about their Britishness was that when I saw them at Eicma none of the people at the Royal Alloy booth knew what a cheeky Nandos was, but they did know the price in renminbi.
Another thing that has me puzzled about these scooters is the colors. When I was looking at the Royal Alloy lineup to figure out which one to buy now that I'm convinced it's not a cheap Chinese GY6 scooter, it looks like they have different colors than when I first saw them. Does anyone know if "London Double Decker Bus Red" is the same color as the old "Our National Flag Red?"
You should probably have just stopped and admitted you were wrong about ten posts ago. Its getting a little embarrassing now.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:39 am quote
Tipper wrote:
RA is in fact a British company,registered in the UK (check the companies house website) and the CEO is a guy named Steve.
Do you have a link to the Royal Alloy registration at companies house?
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Genuine is buying the Royal Alloy scooters from Royal Alloy, a British company, and not from Hanway, the company that manufacturers them.
The problem I have with a lot of the new "facts" regarding RA and Scomadi is that it contradicts just about everything out there from someone that doesn't have a dog in this fight. And I'm not sure why someone would set up and run an owner's group for a scooter they don't own, and respond to any post on any forum that might be considered negative, usually almost immediately, unless they were being paid to create and mold the new narrative.
Personally I believe this is being done to build value for the product, put a lot of content online that someone looking for a scooter will find first and hopefully not find the "other" stuff, and justify a very high price for what is basically a run of the mill Chinese GY6 Scomadi copy. Mentioning different engines in the models as a way to make it seem like a different and better scooter than the Scomadi is similar to trying to market one of the Chinese Ruckus/Zoomer clones as better than the Honda model because they have a 150cc engine available and Honda doesn't.
Somebody seems to be spending a lot of time and money to separate this scooter from Scomadi but at the same time maintain the high perceived value that the Scomadi name brought to it in the first place.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:54 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
Do you have a link to the Royal Alloy registration at companies house?
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that Genuine is buying the Royal Alloy scooters from Royal Alloy, a British company, and not from Hanway, the company that manufacturers them.
The problem I have with a lot of the new "facts" regarding RA and Scomadi is that it contradicts just about everything out there from someone that doesn't have a dog in this fight. And I'm not sure why someone would set up and run an owner's group for a scooter they don't own, and respond to any post on any forum that might be considered negative, usually almost immediately, unless they were being paid to create and mold the new narrative.
Personally I believe this is being done to build value for the product, put a lot of content online that someone looking for a scooter will find first and hopefully not find the "other" stuff, and justify a very high price for what is basically a run of the mill Chinese GY6 Scomadi copy. Mentioning different engines in the models as a way to make it seem like a different and better scooter than the Scomadi is similar to trying to market one of the Chinese Ruckus/Zoomer clones as better than the Honda model because they have a 150cc engine available and Honda doesn't.
Somebody seems to be spending a lot of time and money to separate this scooter from Scomadi but at the same time maintain the high perceived value that the Scomadi name brought to it in the first place.
This is brilliant,somebody knows more than you so they must be some kind of plant. You're right,in fact I am actually an FBI agent too and I have been putting stuff in the water to turn the frogs gay while hiding the fact that the earth is flat

OR

Im just a scooterist who actually does some research,looks for proof instead of believing everything I am told. I helped run the LML forum for years,now help run the LML facebook group. I saw how badly the RA groups were being admined so set up my own.I don't own the product yet because I am waiting for the 300 to arrive in September. I did own one for most of last year though,you have video evidence of that.

I have shown you actual court documents yet you still prefer to believe what you have been told by a third party. That's your choice.

It seems that no matter what you are shown that goes against what you have been told you're still going to stick with what you believe to be true instead of swallowing your pride and admitting you are wrong. Again that's your choice.

It's probably best if I just ignore your comments from now on so this pretty productive thread doesnt just turn into you trying to rescue your damaged ego.

Take it easy
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am quote
I think you're missing the point. The Royal Alloy has a metal body like Lambretta and Vespa at a $3500 price. Most potential scooter owners wouldn't know a GY6 from a Leader engine. The RA is all over Facebook right now. I have seen various shops and scooter clubs posting pictures of it in all its colors. If the engine is an SYM then reliability won't be an issue.

Last edited by kz1000ST on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:12 am quote
kz1000ST wrote:
I think you're missing the point. The Royal Alloy has a metal body like Lambretta and Vespa at a $3500 price. Most potential scooter owners wouldn't know a GY6 from a Leader engine. The RA is all over Facebook right now. I have seen various shops and scooter clubs posting pictures of it in all its colors. If the engine is an SYM then reliability won't be an issue.

As I stated elsewhere if Piaggio wants to slow their annual 20% drop in scooter sales then they should be pushing the value of their Asian made models. The Liberty, Typhoon and Fly models are bargains for what they are.
Engine isn't a SYM. It's a Chinese copy of a SYM.
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:18 am quote
Okay. Then I'll take this one step further. In eleven years with my GY6 I had no engine problems. That was with a 2008 model built in house by Bashan. The supposition that a GY6 is a hand grenade waiting to happen doesn't have much weight in 2019. Especially in scooters sold in shops. No dealer wants to be doing warranty engine swaps every week. Nor does a distributor want to be paying for them. Especially Genuine.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:30 am quote
Tipper wrote:
This is how it works- A company decides they want to mass produce and sell a product (Scomadi worldwide,RA engineering and so on).

That company goes to a manufacturer and say 'we would like you to produce our product and they do a deal.

The company then looks for other companies to handle the importation,distrobution,promotion,warranty cover,technical support in each country they wish to sell the product. In the UK this company is called Moto GB,in the USA this company is Genuine.

Hanway, the manufacturer have factories in Thailand and China.

Just when I thought I was beginning to understand, you threw me a curve again. I understand that you are saying RA Engineering has design input on the Royal Alloy line. Understandable as Genuine Scooters has design input on products it represents. But now you link Scomadi with RA Engineering? If Scomadi and Royal Alloy are different product lines built by different manufacturers, what is the common link to RA Engineering?
eeee-bip
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:32 am quote
The End
And they all lived happily ever after.

And rest.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:39 am quote
Bill Dog wrote:
And they all lived happily ever after.
And what happened to Mr. Benelli? Bill, you have to admit this is fairly convoluted.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
Tipper wrote:

Hanway, the manufacturer have factories in Thailand and China.

Just when I thought I was beginning to understand, you threw me a curve again. I understand that you are saying RA Engineering has design input on the Royal Alloy line. Understandable as Genuine Scooters has design input on products it represents. But now you link Scomadi with RA Engineering? If Scomadi and Royal Alloy are different product lines built by different manufacturers, what is the common link to RA Engineering?
Sorry ! They were just two examples of companies. Theyíre not linked in any way.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:48 am quote
The 125 engine has proven to be reliable so far and itís the same engine as the 150. Iíve seen a couple of cases of the 200 having fuelling issues (fixed with an ecu swap) and one or two with self destructing pistons but I canít thibk of any engine issues with the 125.

The main issues people have been having are niggly little things like the speedo issue I mentioned. The actual speedo itís self has now been fixed at the factory but a few people still have an issue with a faulty sensor on the wheel which should be picked up and sorted during the pdi.

Other than that some people donít like the firm suspension. It is much firmer than a p range scooter. I quite like it but other have fitted an after market shock to soften the ride.

Iíve seen one person reporting that the bolts that hold the panels on scratched the paint work. As far as I know the factory are looking at ways to make sure this doesnít happen.

The scooters will probably have a few differences to the UK version. I know the US Stellaís had a couple of differences including extra emissions crap.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234567Next
[ Time: 0.1610s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0445s) ][ Debug on ]