Scomadi Is Coming To The US
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234567Next
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 am quote
Tipper wrote:
I have shown you actual court documents yet you still prefer to believe what you have been told by a third party. That's your choice.

Take it easy
Do you have a link to the Royal Alloy registration at companies house? You said there was one, I can't find it. Still waiting...

I don't think you're a spy, I think you're a shill.There's a difference. Someone lending you a scooter for six months is not the same as going out and buying it.

The best thing about Genuine picking this line up is that many of the new owners will be previous PGO Buddy owners, and their take on it after the things are on the road for a while, will speak volumes as to the quality and reliability.

And if you could produce a link to the Companies House registration of Royal Alloy, that would be great.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:09 am quote
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
I have shown you actual court documents yet you still prefer to believe what you have been told by a third party. That's your choice.

Take it easy
Do you have a link to the Royal Alloy registration at companies house? You said there was one, I can't find it. Still waiting...

I don't think you're a spy, I think you're a shill.There's a difference. Someone lending you a scooter for six months is not the same as going out and buying it.

The best thing about Genuine picking this line up is that many of the new owners will be previous PGO Buddy owners, and their take on it after the things are on the road for a while, will speak volumes as to the quality and reliability.

And if you could produce a link to the Companies House registration of Royal Alloy, that would be great.
Nah Ill let you do your own research,you wont believe anything I show you anyway. Youve already proved that by dismissing a court document.

I wont be replying to any more of your comments but as a member who hasnt posted for a while I'll offer a little bit of advice.

Maybe reel in the arrogance a little bit. In the world of the internet everyone is an expert. I know it's not always easy to admit when youre wrong but if you do I think people generally have a bit more respect for you.

Since commenting on this thread I have had a few private messages warning me about you and so far you've done nothing but prove them right.

Now I better go get back to my shill business if Im going to earn the thousands and thousands of pounds that I am paid by secret illuminati companies to go on scooter forums and post links to factual documents.

All the best,

Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:35 am quote
Tipper wrote:
Nah Ill let you do your own research,you wont believe anything I show you anyway. Youve already proved that by dismissing a court document.
Is that another way of saying there isn't one?
I don't doubt the court documents are real, it's your interpretation of them that is suspect.
What you have said and implied is that everyone else in the scooter industry, including people who work for Hanway, that doesn't agree with what you are stating, is wrong. I don't buy it.
You've painted yourself into a corner with some of the statements you've made about the companies, and when you get called on it, you go on the attack or turn up the crazy. We both know company shills don't make millions of pounds for what you are doing.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:54 am quote
Theres a good fairly in depth look at the scooter here,this is the 200 version but everything is the same as the 150 except the engine and the 125/150 doesn't have ABS (in this country at least)

This guy is pretty good for tuning updates,he's recently got hold of a remapped ECU from Tasso and should be posting a head to head video against a standard scooter soon. The engine in this 125 scooter is the same as the 150.

Edited because that scooter thing just uploaded a closer look at the US model.

Last edited by Tipper on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:33 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Tipper wrote:
Is that another way of saying there isn't one?
I don't doubt the court documents are real, it's your interpretation of them that is suspect.
What you have said and implied is that everyone else in the scooter industry, including people who work for Hanway, that doesn't agree with what you are stating, is wrong. I don't buy it.
You've painted yourself into a corner with some of the statements you've made about the companies, and when you get called on it, you go on the attack or turn up the crazy. We both know company shills don't make millions of pounds for what you are doing.
Oh go on then as youre so persistent

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09236167

This is the company that owns all the IP,trademarks,holds assets and invoices the manufacturing companies for units sold.

The CEO isnt listed,doesnt need to be but he is a man called Steve.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 22.30.01.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 pm quote
Tipper wrote:

This is the company that owns all the IP,trademarks,holds assets and invoices the manufacturing companies for units sold.
Darn. Now you confused me again. This document says that RA Engineering was previously doing business as Scomadi Motor Company Limited.
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
Tipper wrote:

Darn. Now you confused me again. This document says that RA Engineering was previously doing business as Scomadi Motor Company Limited.
As far as I know that was the name they were using while working with Scomadi. From what I gather itís some kind of partnership between the UK company who owns all the IP and trademarks and Hanway who do all the manufacturing. The guy listed as the director there is the owner of Hanway where as the ceo used to work for the uk importer Moto GB.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:26 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
LOL, I snorted Mountain Dew out of my nose when I read that.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09236167/persons-with-significant-control

They've got a neighbor...
https://opengovuk.com/company/09601352

Last edited by Motovista on Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:36 pm quote
Motovista wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
LOL, I snorted Mountain Dew out of my nose when I read that.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09236167/persons-with-significant-control

They've got a neighbor...
https://opengovuk.com/company/09601352
Yeah,like I said itís a partnership. Iím not sure what your point is.

Are you just going to continue to try and argue with me ? If so shall we make a new thread so that we can get back to talking about scooters ?
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:03 pm quote
Seafood Platter
This is descending into farce and no one is going to say that they are wrong at this point.

For me the people who are the closest to the source know the facts and the rest is just semantics.

Bill x
Enthusiast

Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:21 pm quote
Bill Dog wrote:
This is descending into farce and no one is going to say that they are wrong at this point.

For me the people who are the closest to the source know the facts and the rest is just semantics.

Bill x
Yep,back to scooters I say.
Addicted
2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:23 am quote
That Scooter Thing did a YouTube video and review. Being over 6 feet tall the guy got a pal to do the ride while he was on another scooter, he had a lot of positive things to say about the ride quality and how solidly built the scooter seemed to be. It has an interesting look, the gas tank is under front seat and held down by suction cups/disks and has no lock. I like knowing I can lock my gas cap to make tampering with my gas more challenging for mischief makers.
Enthusiast

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:18 am quote
maggiegirl wrote:
That Scooter Thing did a YouTube video and review. Being over 6 feet tall the guy got a pal to do the ride while he was on another scooter, he had a lot of positive things to say about the ride quality and how solidly built the scooter seemed to be. It has an interesting look, the gas tank is under front seat and held down by suction cups/disks and has no lock. I like knowing I can lock my gas cap to make tampering with my gas more challenging for mischief makers.
The gas cap locks it's just the seat that doesn't
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:33 am quote
I will offer this opinion on this whole matter. The British bike industry was reeling from the 750 Honda four but in my opinion the final nail was the Yamaha XS-650 Twin. It was everything a Brit bike wasn't at the same size and configuration.

Glean from that what you wish.
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:52 am quote
I'm interested, but I'll wait till there are some used on Craigslist for even cheaper and performance mods available!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:18 am quote
kz1000ST wrote:
I will offer this opinion on this whole matter. The British bike industry was reeling from the 750 Honda four but in my opinion the final nail was the Yamaha XS-650 Twin. It was everything a Brit bike wasn't at the same size and configuration. Glean from that what you wish.
Well, the motorcycle and scooter industry in the US has taken at least as big a pop. Who manufactures either in the US anymore? Just Harley and we keep hearing more clues about likely overseas manufacture there. At least Triumph seems to be a viable British manufacturer with products I find interesting. The story that is playing out above with Lambretta, Scomadi, Royal Alloy, RA Engineering, Hanway, and what have you actually sounds like the remnants of the British Auto Industry. A game of who owns what name (Jaguar, Land Rover, MG, etc), who builds what vehicle where, and what is it really based on.
eeee-bip
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:51 am quote
List
You forgot CCM, Hesketh, Metisse, Ariel, Brough, Matchless, Norton and Francis Barnett.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Location: Not really sure but I think somewhere down South, in the engineering dept at Starfleet's UK HQ
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:04 am quote
Dooglas wrote:
Tipper wrote:
This is how it works- A company decides they want to mass produce and sell a product (Scomadi worldwide,RA engineering and so on).

That company goes to a manufacturer and say 'we would like you to produce our product and they do a deal.

The company then looks for other companies to handle the importation,distrobution,promotion,warranty cover,technical support in each country they wish to sell the product. In the UK this company is called Moto GB,in the USA this company is Genuine.

RA engineering is a British company.

Hanway, the manufacturer have factories in Thailand and China.

Genuine are based in Chicago.
Just when I thought I was beginning to understand, you threw me a curve again. I understand that you are saying RA Engineering has design input on the Royal Alloy line. Understandable as Genuine Scooters has design input on products it represents. But now you link Scomadi with RA Engineering? If Scomadi and Royal Alloy are different product lines built by different manufacturers, what is the common link to RA Engineering?
Dooglas, Tipper is just using Scomadi & RA as examples of how companies may approach other manufacturers to do a deal on production and development. As an ex engine design and development engineer I can vouch for how well this works.
Addicted
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:05 am quote
Re: List
Bill Dog wrote:
You forgot CCM, Hesketh, Metisse, Ariel, Brough, Matchless, Norton and Francis Barnett.

Bill x
Velocette, James, JAP, Panther, AJS, Greeves......
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:14 am quote
Bill Dog wrote:
I didn't exactly forget them. Triumph is about the only currently produced British bike we regularly see in the US. I was aware Norton had recently been in low volume production in England, but I've never seen a newer one over here. As for the rest...Ö.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:14 pm quote
biffnix wrote:
Tipper wrote:
What I posted is very true. You can read the whole court ruling here if you want to see for yourself.

Thereís a lot of false information and conclusion jumping out there.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5b2897a92c94e06b9e19813d
Oh, snap! Truth bomb, indeed.
You should send your exhaust system to Hanway and see if they can duplicate it for you. Maybe see if they're making any Rizoma or Zelioni stuff while you're at it.
eeee-bip
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:32 pm quote
Lance
We've all moved on.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs/asr/ess Settantesimo '70'
Location: Not really sure but I think somewhere down South, in the engineering dept at Starfleet's UK HQ
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:05 am quote
kz1000ST wrote:
I will offer this opinion on this whole matter. The British bike industry was reeling from the 750 Honda four but in my opinion the final nail was the Yamaha XS-650 Twin. It was everything a Brit bike wasn't at the same size and configuration.

Yeah the British MC industry generally was pants in the 70's. They failed to adapt in every way. But the Yamaha XS650 didn't sell well over here. It killed more people than any British bike because it didn't handle and the brakes were pants. The frame was made of rubber. The engines weren't too bad but had several issues. It did look nice.
Addicted
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:05 am quote
Stromrider wrote:
kz1000ST wrote:

Yeah the British MC industry generally was pants in the 70's. They failed to adapt in every way. But the Yamaha XS650 didn't sell well over here. It killed more people than any British bike because it didn't handle and the brakes were pants. The frame was made of rubber. The engines weren't too bad but had several issues. It did look nice.
Not the case here. With better shocks and tires they worked fine. I knew a Cop who made a daily practice of doing 80 mph to work in New York City everyday. The engines were strong, didn't leak oil and didn't have Lucas electrics so the lights actually worked all the time. Not to mention an electric starter. He was a long time Triumph fan and it took a lot for him to switch. After the Yamaha he never went back.
eeee-bip
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:57 am quote
Serve
Or we could talk about the build quality of Harley Davidsons under the ownership of AMF.

We've all had our shitboxes.

Bill x
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:54 am quote
Stromrider wrote:
kz1000ST wrote:

The Japanese didn't do large air cooled parallel twins particularly well. The first Yamaha 750 twin was a mechanical disaster. The Kawasaki 750 twin was about 20 lbs lighter than the 900 4 cylinder. This model sold as well as it did as long as it did in the US for a couple of reasons. It was built around a motor design Yamaha bought from a German company. So the development was cheap. It was very cheap to make, and there was nothing to re-work when Japanese motorcycles over 700cc were limited in the US. I rode one of the 650s about three quarters of the way across the US in 2000 or thereabouts, and it was a decent bike, but if you look at some of the race bikes coming out of Honda and the model range in the 500cc plus category starting to appear at the time from Yamaha and the other Japanese manufacturers, you can see the direction the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers wanted to go, and that price is what kept this thing in the lineup as long as it was. By the pound, it was a great deal.
It's unfortunate that most of them were cut up for choppers and cafe racers.
Addicted
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:45 am quote
Here's a review of that other metal bodied scooter.

Hooked

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:05 am quote
kz1000ST wrote:
other metal bodied scooter
Cushman II

Enthusiast

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:39 pm quote
kz1000ST wrote:
Here's a review of that other metal bodied scooter.

It looks like a quality bike but I expected more from the new engine.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:00 pm quote
It's not really a new engine. It's a few new parts on the old engine.
Enthusiast

Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:37 am quote
Motovista wrote:
It's not really a new engine. It's a few new parts on the old engine.
My mistake,íthe updated engineí.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:38 am quote
Motovista,

I worked for a Canadian Telecom manufacturer; we would manufacture in Cn, China and Taiwan. We would then sell directly in the US and Canada but resell to distributors throughout the rest of the world. This is how manufacturing works.
Enthusiast
Stella, GTS 300
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:59 pm quote
Royal Alloy available in Portland, Oregon:

https://www.sabatinomopeds.com/product-page/royal-alloy-grand-tourer-150

$3,499
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm quote
Moped?
Enthusiast
Stella, GTS 300
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:26 pm quote
Mopeds are all the trend these days!

I checked out the Royal Alloy. It looked very good quality. Although the handlebars seemed too low and I donít think I could safely ride it. The seat is a single, so you canít move back.

I donít care for those suction cups under the seat. How long are those going to last?

Conclusion: Vespas still rule when it comes to scooters.

[/quote]
Enthusiast

Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:56 pm quote
fishFingers wrote:
Mopeds are all the trend these days!

I checked out the Royal Alloy. It looked very good quality. Although the handlebars seemed too low and I donít think I could safely ride it. The seat is a single, so you canít move back.

I donít care for those suction cups under the seat. How long are those going to last?

Conclusion: Vespas still rule when it comes to scooters.

[/quote]

Im six foot three and I found riding one more comfortable than a PX. The split seat is meant to be more comfortable than the bench seat but I think I will probably swap mine for a bench seat when I get my 300. I like to be able to move around a bit more on long journies.
eeee-bip
Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:54 pm quote
Ding
Moped ?

Oh Dear

Bill x
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:25 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Motovista,

I worked for a Canadian Telecom manufacturer; we would manufacture in Cn, China and Taiwan. We would then sell directly in the US and Canada but resell to distributors throughout the rest of the world. This is how manufacturing works.
That's straight up old skool. Here's the new and improved way to make things:
Order a minimum of 18 of these little gems, come up with a vaguely old timey Italianic or Britainishy name for them, a dozen and a half flag stickers, and viola, you have an American scooter manufacturing company. Anytime anyone asks about the product, or if they wander within earshot, say it's a Honda clone, or like a SYM, and Modern Vintage, but not Vintage Modern, because that doesn't make sense. For another couple hundred bucks, get them to make it out of metal, paint them Harley colors and put on a couple Turbocharged stickers.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/EURO4-vintage-49cc-petrol-scooter-50cc_60871588019.html

For me, the best part of the listing is the name of the company. The second best part is that the company also apparently makes and sells Royal Enfields and Urals.

Here is a good source for spare parts, if you do decide to be a manufacturer... Whoops, wrong Lambretta clone, my bad.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Royal-Alloy-GP-125-S-AC_60785795587.html

EURO4-vintage-49cc-petrol-scooter-50cc-EU4.jpg

Yellow fake Lambretta.jpg

Royal-Alloy-GP-125-Red.jpg

eeee-bip
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:35 am quote
Giddy Up
That dead horse still isn't moving.

Bill x
Enthusiast

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am quote
Motovista wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Motovista,

That's straight up old skool. Here's the new and improved way to make things:
Order a minimum of 18 of these little gems, come up with a vaguely old timey Italianic or Britainishy name for them, a dozen and a half flag stickers, and viola, you have an American scooter manufacturing company. Anytime anyone asks about the product, or if they wander within earshot, say it's a Honda clone, or like a SYM, and Modern Vintage, but not Vintage Modern, because that doesn't make sense. For another couple hundred bucks, get them to make it out of metal, paint them Harley colors and put on a couple Turbocharged stickers.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/EURO4-vintage-49cc-petrol-scooter-50cc_60871588019.html

For me, the best part of the listing is the name of the company. The second best part is that the company also apparently makes and sells Royal Enfields and Urals.

Here is a good source for spare parts, if you do decide to be a manufacturer... Whoops, wrong Lambretta clone, my bad.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Royal-Alloy-GP-125-S-AC_60785795587.html
Is that what you did when you designed your logo that looks exactly like the scooter works logo ?
Team Scooter Trash for Petfinder Foundation   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous1234567Next
[ Time: 0.5044s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1209s) ][ Debug on ]