PAIR OF 2009 MP3 250 AND 500
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Lurker
2009 MP3 250 & 500
Joined: 29 Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Pass Christian, MS
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:55 am quote
I just acquired 2 2009 MP3 250 and 500s yesterday from local Harley dealer. They are a perfect his and hers and have right at 1000 miles on them. I will be posting pics of them once they are delivered to me and I get a chance to clean them and detail. One had a broken headlight and one needs a center cover on handlebar pad so will be waiting for those parts before I send pics. Not sure what they are worth in winter but plan on selling them regardless whether I have to wait until spring or not as I am not a motorcycle guy. Im guessing around $3500 for the 500 and $3000 for the 250? Does that sound about right and assuming they are sound (which they are).

Thanks as a new a probably temporary member!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 36638
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:50 am quote
Moved to the MP3 discussion forum, as no-one can reply on the For Sale section and you're looking for feedback.

When you've settled on a price, re-post in the For Sale section, but for goodness sake add your location to the thread title or your advert will get almost immediately deleted.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Typhoon 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 10181
Location: Oregon City, OR
Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:33 am quote
I always start out with Kelley Bluebook to be sure I'm in the right ballpark. Looks like you are about at high retail value for both bikes. Probably fair as long as condition warrants it. In winter you may need to drop the price a bit to generate interest.

https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 20974
Location: Kingston, Tennessee, Tn
Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:06 pm quote
if they are pristine you might be able to get what your asking on the 500, the 250 probably not. closer to 2k.

Need to know the maintenance history and whats been done to them like front steering bearings replaced?

What kind of miles are on them?
Lurker
2009 MP3 250 & 500
Joined: 29 Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Location: Pass Christian, MS
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:09 pm quote
jimc wrote:
Moved to the MP3 discussion forum, as no-one can reply on the For Sale section and you're looking for feedback.

When you've settled on a price, re-post in the For Sale section, but for goodness sake add your location to the thread title or your advert will get almost immediately deleted.
Thought you can have no problem seeing my location on the info on the left side of post with my info. Pass Christian MS. I see you live in Tennessee pretty clearly.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 36638
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:15 pm quote
wwwatercraft wrote:
jimc wrote:
Moved to the MP3 discussion forum, as no-one can reply on the For Sale section and you're looking for feedback.

When you've settled on a price, re-post in the For Sale section, but for goodness sake add your location to the thread title or your advert will get almost immediately deleted.
Thought you can have no problem seeing my location on the info on the left side of post with my info. Pass Christian MS. I see you live in Tennessee pretty clearly.
One can only see your location info if the topic is actually opened. For someone far from MS (in Australia perhaps) your advert may be completely irrelevant, and bloody irritating to boot.

That is why the location is mandatory in For Sale posts, and why they'll get deleted if the info isn't there in the topic title.

Like it or lump it.
Lurker
Joined: 01 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Location: Virginia
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 am quote
what's the 500 worth?
I'lll offer this as a data point: Our local Ducati/Piaggio dealer had a 2009 500 on consignment for over a year. He was asking $3500 and got no offers. The scooter was on Cycletrader as well as on his lot (a very high traffic area). I'm told the owner got discouraged and took the MP3 back. I looked at the scooter and it appeared to be like new, with less than 5K miles.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 4113
Location: Marietta, GA
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:00 am quote
Re: PAIR OF 2009 MP3 250 AND 500
wwwatercraft wrote:
I just acquired 2 2009 MP3 250 and 500s yesterday from local Harley dealer. They are a perfect his and hers and have right at 1000 miles on them. I will be posting pics of them once they are delivered to me and I get a chance to clean them and detail. One had a broken headlight and one needs a center cover on handlebar pad so will be waiting for those parts before I send pics. Not sure what they are worth in winter but plan on selling them regardless whether I have to wait until spring or not as I am not a motorcycle guy. Im guessing around $3500 for the 500 and $3000 for the 250? Does that sound about right and assuming they are sound (which they are).

Thanks as a new a probably temporary member!
MP3/250 is probably more like $1800.00 to $2200.00
Not known by a New Buyer, but the Body parts are very hard to find.
You can use the MP3/400 parts in some cases, but those are getting hard to find as well. Easyperts.nl is a good source for Body Parts, Scooterpartsco.com good for Consumable items and others. I just sent you a PM...

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 1304
Location: North Jersey
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:10 am quote
If I were interested in buying them I'd wonder why they had broken parts in the first place and why they still had the broken parts as they were at a dealership, presumably for sale. Reading between the lines (rightly or wrongly) that tells me they weren't well taken care of and makes me wonder what else was neglected?

Since you're going to sell them, it wasn't smart to tell the world they had broken parts. Nor to announce that you're "not a motorcycle guy" which tells us you wouldn't have a clue as to how to properly determine what condition they're in mechanically. Everything one posts on the internet is AFAIK discoverable forever. I know it sounds like I'm ragging on you, but just trying to advise you.

I've done 'net searches on sellers and their motorcycles w/r/t motorcycles I was interested in possibly buying and found some helpful (to me) posts of theirs complaining about this or that on said motorcycle.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 4113
Location: Marietta, GA
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:20 am quote
Vintage1 wrote:
If I were interested in buying them I'd wonder why they had broken parts in the first place and why they still had the broken parts as they were at a dealership, presumably for sale. Reading between the lines (rightly or wrongly) that tells me they weren't well taken care of and makes me wonder what else was neglected?

Since you're going to sell them, it wasn't smart to tell the world they had broken parts. Nor to announce that you're "not a motorcycle guy" which tells us you wouldn't have a clue as to how to properly determine what condition they're in mechanically. Everything one posts on the internet is AFAIK discoverable forever.

I've done 'net searches on sellers and their motorcycles w/r/t motorcycles I was interested in possibly buying and found some helpful (to me) posts of theirs complaining about this or that on said motorcycle.
Just Saying from my experience...
I purchased a Used Buddy 125 from a Harley Dealer here in Atlanta for a Friend.

They took it in and a number of Scoots from a guy who brought them in on a Trailer. He wanted to buy a Motorcycle.

The Harley Dealer gave them next to nothing for them to make a Sale.
The Buddy 125 I got, was Dirt Cheap to me the Buyer.
It was in the price range of those Chinese Scoots you find on Craigslist from what I remember.

It turned out to be a very good scoot mechanically for a friend of mine.
It had some body damage from being dropped, but it was easy to fix.
Genuine Body Parts are easy to find, and they are Cheap too...
Not like MP3 Parts which go for ridiculous prices even on ebay.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 1304
Location: North Jersey
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:32 am quote
Yeah Keith, I can understand how a dealer probably gives a buyer next to nothing on a trade, especially on things they don't usually sell.

Probably went like this:
(Harley dealer): "We don't sell scooters and as such, people don't come here looking to buy a scooter so it'd be a hardship me taking them in on trade. The boss will scream at me for taking them in, let me see if I can give you at least something for them. No guarantees."

So they don't bother to fix it up figuring whatever they do get for them as is, is still a profit.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 4113
Location: Marietta, GA
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 pm quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Yeah Keith, I can understand how a dealer probably gives a buyer next to nothing on a trade, especially on things they don't usually sell.

Probably went like this:
(Harley dealer): "We don't sell scooters and as such, people don't come here looking to buy a scooter so it'd be a hardship me taking them in on trade. The boss will scream at me for taking them in, let me see if I can give you at least something for them. No guarantees."

So they don't bother to fix it up figuring whatever they do get for them as is, is still a profit.
Exactly...
When I bought the Buddy 125, and this was years ago.
The Harley Dealership had 3 different ones sitting there in front trying to get ride of them that came from the same fellow. They had no idea what they were worth... They just new they run and had the keys and how much $ they had in it. No history or anything. I risked it...

I just happen to be there taking the MSF Course, and figured I would low ball them for the 125 and have it for a Girl Friend to Ride with me. It turned out OK... She's still using it... Real easy to work on, I probably should have kept it. Once I put the new ABS Plastic on it, looked like New. Only problem, it was "Air Cooled", which I didn't care for.

Keith
Marietta, GA
Hooked
2008 MP3 400
Joined: 13 May 2017
Posts: 230
Location: Land of Oz
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:20 am quote
Thread hijack!
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 1304
Location: North Jersey
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:03 pm quote
FrogmanDave wrote:
Thread hijack!
How so? Please explain.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 4113
Location: Marietta, GA
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:12 am quote
Vintage1 wrote:
FrogmanDave wrote:
Thread hijack!
How so? Please explain.
Don't sweat it Vintage1...
There is always someone who should learn...
Read 3 Times, then decide to really hit the Submit Button.
To much Drama sometimes.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Joined: 23 Apr 2016
Posts: 1304
Location: North Jersey
Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 am quote
klaborde wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
FrogmanDave wrote:
Thread hijack!
How so? Please explain.
Don't sweat it Vintage1...
There is always someone who should learn...
Read 3 Times, then decide to really hit the Submit Button.
To much Drama sometimes.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
Absolutely Agree!

Cheers
George
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.2470s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0490s) ][ Debug on ]