#lovecroatia
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports Previous12
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Fri May 11, 2018 1:18 pm quote
Again, thanks for the super photo journalism.

Spring has finally come to Minnesota. I wish I could join you for a ride.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota USA
Fri May 11, 2018 2:24 pm quote
beautiful pictures

do you know Nina from Podgora?

she used to have et4 150... well... it is mine now
Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 am quote
Bež Vespa, znam Vespu, zadnje je mijenjana pumpa goriva na njoj koliko mi se čini.
Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 am quote
So, how's about a weekend ride to Šibenik?

There is annual meeting of Vespa Club Šibenik, but weather forecast is like... Rain, rain, rain. But, after looking trough window, there is a sun, so let's go for a ride!

Small pause above Trogir. Jadranska magistrala is really nice road, but road "Boraja" above Šibenik is more interesting, without lot of traffic, with beautiful panoramas, few hairpins like Monte Carlo, and I'm really enjoying in every kilometer of it.

As I was in hurry, late as usual, I came in Šibenik few minutes before Vespas left the town and drive to National Park Krka.
Btw, if you have opportunity, visit Krka Waterfalls, really magnificent.
http://www.np-krka.hr/en/
But, at least, I have nice photo on local website!

And, 60 Vespas on the way to National Park!

Thu May 17, 2018 2:26 am quote
URL=https://flic.kr/p/JHSTfG][/URL]

After arrival in Skradin, we have opportunity to visit local classic car museum.

That's my favorite, beautiful french Limo with best smell of classic car ever!

About the size....

Meeting was on, and I was off. It was time to drive back home and leave talks with Vespa company for some other opportunity. But, clouds were looking at me and I'm leaving Skradin and taking another route.

With few showers...

Driving trough dalmatian inland gave me some of the most beautiful moments. Look on Drniš, city famous by smoked Ham, croatian "Prsut ".
http://www.croatia-times.com/the-adriatic-times/drnis-prosciutto-reach-guinnes-book-records/

Dancing in the rain...

I'm filling up the tank on local gas station and waiting rain to stop. And decide to visit one really important part of croatian history.
Thu May 17, 2018 2:35 am quote
Here comes the sun again and I'm driving trough pitoresque area to Otavice.

„My art is expressed in hardwood and stone, but the essence of art is not made of wood nor stone, it is beyond space and time. Art is a song and prayer at the same time“. New York, 1924, Ivan Meštrović

What is common between Congress Plaza Gardens in Chicago and Republic of Croatia Square in Zagreb? The connecting link is genious works by one world-famous sculptor, born as a Croat, died as an American, Ivan Meštrović, beyond space and time, as his art was.

In 1926 Ivan Meštrović was comissioned by trustees of the Art Institute of Chicago’s B.F. Ferguson Fund to create the bronze pair, „The Bowman and The Spearman (also known collectively as Equestrian Indians,or simply Indians). The sculptures were made in Zagreb and installed at the entrance of the parkway in 1928. It became his first masterpiece in the USA, when Meštrović was already a mature sculptor with earned world- famous popularity. Sculptor Ivan Meštrović intended his monumental figures to commemorate the Native American and symbolize the struggle to settle this country.

Mestrovic died in 1962 and was buried in the Church of the Holy Redeemer in Otavice. The town was occupied by Serbian rebels from 1991 to 1995. The Croatian forces that reclaimed the area in 1995 discovered that the church had been savagely attacked and the tombs desecrated. Reconstruction began promptly.

When you climb up to the top, then you realize why is Meštrović's last place was here... So peaceful and beautiful atmosphere.

After speaking with friendly girl who opens me the museum, I learnt a lot of interesting facts about area, Meštrović, and in the talk realize that I know that girl from childhood, we were living in the same neighbourhood in war years! How is world small....
Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 am quote

With Feel Good talk, I'm leaving Otavice and driving back across Svilaja. Take me home, country roads...

View on river Cetina and town Trilj

The locality of Velika Crljivica, at the western end ofCista Provo, takes over 3,000 m' oflal1d at both sides of the present road that covers the Roman road Salona-Tilurium-Narona.

Really nice day...

Regards,

D
Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, (Both NZ new Airco assembled), Francesca, 2006 Vespa LX150, Sofia, 2007 Vespa GT200
Thu May 17, 2018 3:08 am quote
Another great ride report with gorgeous pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Mon May 21, 2018 8:31 pm quote
So, let's go on! Vespa is waiting for some maintenance, so i borrow Beverly 350 Sport, really nice and fast scooter, not nippy as Vespa, but...

First part leads me to Sinj

Look on the town under Kamicak fortress

Lake Peruća

And my next destination is town Vrlika, with Prozor fortress, built in the 14th Century, with beutiful View. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in 1715. , and one more time in croatian-serbian war. It was slighty renovated in 2006.

Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 pm quote
I'm driving to Drniš, beautiful road and pitoresque scenery...

Coffe with View!

And, Roški Slap in National park Krka is my next destination

Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 pm quote
Knin Fortress (Croatian: Kninska tvrđava) is located near the tallest mountain in Croatia (Dinara) and near the source of the river Krka. It is the second largest fortress in europe and most significant defensive stronghold,and a historical town in the Šibenik-Knin County in the Dalmatian hinterland. The construction of the fortress started as early as 9th century, while the current state was brought up in 17th and 18th centuries.It reached its peak during the reign of Demetrius Zvonimir, King of Croatia from 1076, as it served as a political center of the Croatian Kingdom under him.

Regards,

D
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Tue May 22, 2018 12:37 pm quote
DiscoVolante wrote:
In 1926 Ivan Meštrović was comissioned by trustees of the Art Institute of Chicago’s B.F. Ferguson Fund to create the bronze pair, „The Bowman and The Spearman (also known collectively as Equestrian Indians,or simply Indians). The sculptures were made in Zagreb and installed at the entrance of the parkway in 1928. It became his first masterpiece in the USA, when Meštrović was already a mature sculptor with earned world- famous popularity. Sculptor Ivan Meštrović intended his monumental figures to commemorate the Native American and symbolize the struggle to settle this country.
Wow. Small world. I've been past those statues dozens of times! Never knew much about them. Chicago is a few hours away from me, and I went to school in the suburbs, so many chances to visit.

Great pictures...thanks again for sharing. BTW, just noticed you don't use a windscreen. Nice clean look to the scooter, but there must be times you miss one.
Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 am quote
That small windshield is only for look, I prefer drive without it. I don't prefer windshields because of turbulence, Beverly is the best example.
Thu May 24, 2018 10:02 pm quote
DiscoVolante wrote:
Coffe with View!

10 years ago, my father parked his car exactly on the other side of this road, and went for a drink... a minute later, he found it on the other side, crashing into wall
Hooked
Piaggio Fly150 Vespa GTV250ie
Tue May 29, 2018 7:05 am quote
Re: #lovecroatia
DiscoVolante wrote:
Hello folks,

so, First of all, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Darian, and I'm living in Tučepi, small town on the Adriatic coast.
I'm driving a '08 Vespa GTS with few mods like Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, Malossi Multivar variator, front aftermarket shock absorber, etc.

I want to show you the beauties of my country, and I hope you'll enjoy in pics as I enjoyed in my Weekend rides.

Where to go? While enjoying in beautiful sceneries of Passo Vruja, I decide to find the source of river Cetina. Dalmatia inland, here I come!

After enjoying in combination of slow and fast corners and scenic landscape, I'm fiiling up the gas in Sinj, town with rich cultural heritage, famous by the Knight's Alka tournament (Google: Sinjska Alka), which has happened every year since 1715!

After beutiful sceneries of lake Peruča and great road with plenty of corners, little break with view at Dinara Mountain!

...and I'm counting miles to the small place Civljane, where I turned to the local road, until I saw the ruins of oldcroatian church St. Spas from 9th century.

I'm exploring the ruins, and drive few miles to the final destination...

The Cetina River rises to an elevation of 385 metres in the northwestern slopes of the Dinarides, The River has three sources, among which the largest one is the Glavaševo Lake, 130 metres in depth. 105 kilometers long way to the sea starts here.

While enjoying in stunnig scenery and untouched nature, I decide to go into the river, not so smart idea while temperature of water is about 7-8 Celsius.

So, selfie time!

But, it's time to drive back, which is not hard when you have scenery like these in front of you.

So, oldschool vs Modern? I prefer oldschool.

And, after 260 kilometers I'm home, some beautiful experiences, nice roads, stunning sceneries, and plans for next destinations.

Happy New Year!
Like your post very much, I'm a Vespa owner in China, like you post pictures of inside, so beautiful.
Ossessionato
PX200, Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:07 pm quote
Love this thread. I've been to many of the places. Brings back great memories. Keep the photos coming.
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 am quote
So, last ride report with GTS.... Too many kilometers, situations, enjoyable rides, but it's time for something other.

Drive to penninsula Peljesac...

Neretva valley

Ston

Peljesac

And riding back..

Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:01 am quote
I'll really, really miss your pics!
Hooked
1986 Honda Elite 150 (sold), 2009 Scarabeo 200 (sold), 2007 GTV "Pazzo"
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:51 am quote
Awesome series of photos, DiscoVolante! And, yes, Croatia looks sooooo beautiful. Definitely on my short list of places-I-need-to-go-to. Not to mention Croatia's recent amazing run in the World Cup! Go Hrvatska!!! and thank you, again, for a wonderful series of photographs.

And - pardon my curiosity - are you replacing your GTS with another 2-wheeled vehicle?
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:00 pm quote
Just look at these photos and you'll recognize our pride. Look at these all happy faces. Look at the national pride. No problems, only heroes which gave all of them on football field.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet/stotine-tisuca-ljudi-docekalo-vatrene-u-zagrebu/7616460/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2018/6791680/croatia-fans-zagreb-welcome-home-final/

RESPECT AND THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

So, something noisy and uncomfortable changed Vespa. I think we'll have some nice together....

And, after 400 kilometers, nervous V2 engine in combination with 10 years old tires, rainy roads in Bosnia and Herzegowina, some beautiful sceneries, it's home...

Ossessionato
PX200, Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:47 pm quote
Vatreni were amazing. With a bit more luck they would have won. The atmosphere here in the Croatian community was awesome.
Ossessionato
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:01 pm quote
What a stunningly beautiful country. Fantastic photos - even worth the 3 minutes it took the thread to load!
Molto Verboso
Gina, 1965 Vespa 180SS, Bella,1968 Vespa 150 Super, (Both NZ new Airco assembled), Francesca, 2006 Vespa LX150, Sofia, 2007 Vespa GT200
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 am quote
This is an awesome thread. Seeing your country has firmed our resolve to visit during our trip to Northern Italy and beyond in 2019. We won’t be riding but we will be driving slowly to enjoy the scenery.
Hooked
2017 GTS Super 300ie 'Sofia', 2014 Suzuki SV650
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:18 am quote
I say that you should continue to post your adventures... even if you did move to something more noisy and uncomfortable. Please?
The photos and information are great!
Either way, thank you for taking us along on your rides.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:03 am quote
SnookerInBerlin wrote:
I say that you should continue to post your adventures... even if you did move to something more noisy and uncomfortable. Please?
The photos and information are great!
Either way, thank you for taking us along on your rides.
+1!
Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:53 am quote
So, if you like it...

To avoid traffic jams, road leads me trough dalmatian hinterland...

The oldest woring mill in Croatia you can find in small place Grab close to Trilj. It's 600 years old and still working and producing!

On the road!

Source of river Cetina

Vrlika

Otok

Regards,

D
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports Previous12
[ Time: 0.3384s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0596s) ][ Debug on ]