OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3 300LT

Lurker
MP3 300LT
UTC quote
Hi,

I've just got a 2016 mp3 500 sport abs that has the factory option heated grips... Which I've read have 4 heat setting, but sadly I don't have any instructions, and the dealer just said "you just press the heated grips button", and didn't really know himself.

I've done a search and found mention of aftermarket grips, but nothing about the factory ones. Can anyone advise how you change the heat (and know that you've changed the heat, as all I get is a lot of flashes from the icon).

Thanks in advance.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
Re: Piaggio genuine heated grips instructions please.
steadz wrote:
Hi,

I've just got a 2016 mp3 500 sport abs that has the factory option heated grips... Which I've read have 4 heat setting, but sadly I don't have any instructions, and the dealer just said "you just press the heated grips button", and didn't really know himself.

I've done a search and found mention of aftermarket grips, but nothing about the factory ones. Can anyone advise how you change the heat (and know that you've changed the heat, as all I get is a lot of flashes from the icon).

Thanks in advance.
I think I have them...
Let me check when I get home today from work.
I have everything, purchased new.
Just never installed.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
⬆️    About 4 months elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio mp3 500

Lurker
Piaggio mp3 500
UTC quote
Same question...but
I have same problem....got the same heated grips, but have no clue how they work on my just bought mp3 500 2014, after I sold my mp3 400 from 2010.

In the above manual, I cant see how they work

Please let me know
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN
UTC quote
Welcome to MV from San Antonio, Texas bjjv!
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
Re: Same question...but
bjjv wrote:
I have same problem....got the same heated grips, but have no clue how they work on my just bought mp3 500 2014, after I sold my mp3 400 from 2010.

In the above manual, I cant see how they work

Please let me know
contact Maksor he is in the NL and does a lot of work on MP3's
UTC

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco
UTC quote
The manual above is just for installing the wiring kit, and assumes that the other components are already fitted.

As for usage, since they are operated by a single button I would guess that they cycle through [ON - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - OFF].

The after-market ones I had on my Honda were slightly different - you had a couple of seconds to turn them on and set the heat, so three quick presses of the button got you to level 2, four got you to level 3, etc.

After a couple of seconds, this became the 'remembered' setting (indicated by the number of flashes on the warning lamp before it goes steady-on), and another single press turned them off again.

After that, a single press turned them on to the 'remembered' level, and after a couple of seconds, a single press turned them off again.

Hope that helps.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0583s ][ Queries: 10 (0.0326s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]