BV 350 new engine problem
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
Enthusiast
Kymco Downtown 300i
Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:32 am quote
breaknwind wrote:
CROSSBOLT wrote:
Read the whole thread and now will suggest the "Stall of Shame" or better, a sticking vacuum operated fuel taank vent valve. To verify, quickly open the gas cap next time it stalls and listen for air "whooshing" into the tank. Then just leave the gas cap loose if possible.
Since I removed the OP's evap and the gas tank is vented to the atmosphere the same as my BV's, I highly doubt this is his problem.
What did you do with the vacuum line to the intake for the vent valve?
Found it! Motovista, a sponsor of this forum has a FUEL VALVE. While it is a fuel valve, I bet it could be used as a vent valve!

I saw a post on here about a guy making aftermarket vent valves to replace the cheapo's that cause so much trouble. Anyone have that link?
Enthusiast
BV250, BV500
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:09 am quote
I can only report what I have learned from the 4 Piaggios that have come through my hands over the past couple of years. In each one I had strange, intermittent failures during operation, and in every instance it was a poor electric connection. The spark plug cable and cap is well known. I had an MP3 that had a very occasional total failure where it was the kill switch itself. That same MP3 decided to totally refuse to start, no crank, no relay click, nothing, and it was in the connector that plugged into the high capacity solenoid for the starter motor. The current from the alternator runs through that connector, and there's a 30 amp fuse in there as well, and the female parts of the individual connections for several of the wires were too loose. I was able to slip a thin pick between the plastic case and the outside of the female socket and bend the copper bit in just a bit, and just like that everything ran fine. When the plastic is off and things are pulled out a bit to troubleshoot the connectors and cables are in different positions, and they may seem to be fine, but when things get pushed back in under the plastic they get twisted around some and those individual wires can lose their contact if there is the slightest play in the connection.
Lurker
Beverly 350
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 pm quote
Hello,

Little update, changed spark plug and spark plug cable and the misfire on higher speeds are still here and scoot cant go faster then 130kph, will try to change coil but somehow I dont think that is the problem. I have opened fuel cap and it is all ok, no strange noise...
Hooked
2013 BV 350
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:22 am quote
I've got my scooter back now and it's running. We've been taking our time with diagnosing it and repairing it because I'm fortunate enough to have been able to work remotely from home the last few months and wasn't needing to drive anywhere.

I asked them to test the electrical connections to the fuel injector. They did and said the electrical connections were all fine. They said the fuel injector was just not firing any fuel. So they replaced the fuel injector.

I drove it home from the dealer (about 8 miles) about 2 weeks ago and my employer started requiring all off-site workers to come back starting today, so I drove it to work today (about 10 miles) with absolutely no issues so far.
Molto Verboso
'08 Gunuine Buddy 150 St Tropez 'Simon' '04 Honda Metropolitian 'Archie' [Sadly had to trade it away ;-( ]
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:30 am quote
waterboysh wrote:
I've got my scooter back now and it's running. We've been taking our time with diagnosing it and repairing it because I'm fortunate enough to have been able to work remotely from home the last few months and wasn't needing to drive anywhere.

I asked them to test the electrical connections to the fuel injector. They did and said the electrical connections were all fine. They said the fuel injector was just not firing any fuel. So they replaced the fuel injector.

I drove it home from the dealer (about 8 miles) about 2 weeks ago and my employer started requiring all off-site workers to come back starting today, so I drove it to work today (about 10 miles) with absolutely no issues so far.
👍🏻
Hooked
2013 BV 350
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:42 am quote
Since my employer is requiring everyone to come in now regardless of whether they can work remotely or not, I will post an update in a few weeks. I don't really want to be riding public transportation, so I'll be driving my scooter to work every day. It's 10 miles both ways, so I'll be putting about 100 miles on it each week, and hopefully after a few weeks I'll know for sure if the issue is fixed.
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123
[ Time: 0.2759s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0779s) ][ Debug on ]