I am running an all DC electrical system on this scoot with a Trail Tech Regulator/Rectifier, which requires a floated ground in the stator of the Flytech - thankfully, I found this awesome thread on how to modify a Variatronic stator, which is virtually identical to the Flytech stator. http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4551
The only difference is the Flytech stator does not have the wiring buried in electrical potting compound/resin, but instead has a small connector that secures the wires. This difference makes the job much easier. It was a bit nerve wracking to modify a brand new and expensive stator, but all works perfectly!
This is what it originally looked like.
Leave the Blue and the Black/Red alone.
The ground is wrapped around the grounding post - take your time unsoldering it so it doesn't break.
Solder new wire and shrink wrap it.
Solder ends of green and new power wire (I reused the yellow I cut earlier) and secure in the slot that was identified a few pictures ago.
Put the sheathing back over the wires and secure.