REVIEW: Airhawk Motorcycle Seat Cushion
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews Previous12
Hooked
LX150, GT200
Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:15 pm quote
Has anyone tried this product on an Vespa LX. I am just curious as to what size to order. Thanks
Hooked
09 MP3 500cc Reddevil, 2011 LX150 IE (Wifes) 2019 MP3 500cc Sport Nightrider (Mine)
Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:23 pm quote
Airhawk
I got the airhawk for my MP3 250cc and it works wonders I love mine, because now I can ride for a real long time without my butt or my legs hurting at all.
Ossessionato
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:38 pm quote
Anyone know what the difference is between the Airhawk Seat Cushion and the Airhawk 2 Seat cushion is??

And just to confirm, you all got the Medium cruiser seat cushion, right?? Not the pillion one...

Thanks!
Ossessionato
09 GTS (sold) 2014 NC700XD
Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am quote
Reply from Airhawk
The major difference between the AirHawk and the new AirHawk 2 would be that the AirHawk 2 is made out of a different material. It is made out of Polyurethane; the AirHawk is made out of neoprene. The Neoprene is a more durable material. The AirHawk also has a longer warranty of 2 years vs. the AirHawk 2's warranty of 1 year. Both cushions have the same cell pattern, the material is the big difference.

Hope this helps someone in the future...
Lurker
N/A
Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 am quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
Anyone know what the difference is between the Airhawk Seat Cushion and the Airhawk 2 Seat cushion is??

And just to confirm, you all got the Medium cruiser seat cushion, right?? Not the pillion one...

Thanks!
You can find the differences on the AIRHAWK website at http://www.airhawk.net/whats-the-difference.aspx. Hope this helps

Danielle Boenisch
The ROHO Group
http://www.airhawk.net/
http://www.facebook.com/AirhawkSeats
Ossessionato
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, Black Vespa LX150, 2007 Goodwood Green Triumph Bonneville!
Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:35 am quote
Anyone try this with two-up riding? Is that possible? Do you get one big one to cover "both butts", or two separate ones so each rider has their own?

Thanks for any tips.

-Dan
Molto Verboso
Vespa ET4

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:52 pm quote
dchernikoff wrote:
Anyone try this with two-up riding? Is that possible? Do you get one big one to cover "both butts", or two separate ones so each rider has their own?

Thanks for any tips.

-Dan
You will need two.
Ossessionato
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, Black Vespa LX150, 2007 Goodwood Green Triumph Bonneville!
Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 pm quote
JKerstinJ wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:

Thanks for any tips.

-Dan
You will need two.
I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info!

-Dan
Molto Verboso
'05 Vespa Granturismo
Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:23 pm quote
I have an Airhawk and a sheepskin. I think I like the sheepskin best.
Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super
Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:43 am quote
Richard H. Lemmon wrote:
Richard, I almost bought a sheepskin yesterday but decided to check the forum first. What is it that you like about the sheepskin better than the Airhawk? Those are the two that I am looking at. I'm most concerned about comfort on long rides. I'm looking at a 1,000 mile trip this summer and I'm collecting my comfort gear. I'd appreciate your insight.
The Beer Guy
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:49 pm quote
ScootChef wrote:
Richard H. Lemmon wrote:
Richard, I almost bought a sheepskin yesterday but decided to check the forum first. What is it that you like about the sheepskin better than the Airhawk? Those are the two that I am looking at. I'm most concerned about comfort on long rides. I'm looking at a 1,000 mile trip this summer and I'm collecting my comfort gear. I'd appreciate your insight.
ScootChef, I can't comment on sheepskin since I don't have one but I will tell you one thing about my Airhawk. When I broke my collarbone in October I spent the first two weeks sleeping in my recliner. I remembered that the Airhawk is based on pads used to keep bedridden people from developing bed sores, so I put it on my chair. Several months have now passed and I haven't taken the thing off of it. Not only that, but I've looked into buying another one so I'll have one on my scoot and one in the house. That's my testimonial.

I can't imagine anything else providing this much comfort over a long distance. ScooterME rode the Cannonball using one and said he wouldn't take a long ride without it.
Hooked

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:58 pm quote
sorry if this was covered but what is best size for GTS 250? I have both an OEM seat and a custom one from Pirate. I need something serious under my skinny butt.
The Beer Guy
Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:55 pm quote
PhilipG wrote:
sorry if this was covered but what is best size for GTS 250? I have both an OEM seat and a custom one from Pirate. I need something serious under my skinny butt.
The large will work for you. It measures 18' long x 14" at the widest point and 7" at the front.
Hooked
On my third GTS
Fri May 13, 2011 12:16 am quote
Sold my Air Hawk a couple of weeks back as every time i used it i got pins and needles in the mens dept , tried different levels of inflation but no joy . They dont suit everybody.
Hooked

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:02 am quote
What model (for rider and passenger) will work for a GTS 300?
Ossessionato
2010 GTS 300 Super
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:11 am quote
You will need the Airhawk 2 Medium cushion AND the Airhawk 2 Cruiser pillion cushion.
Hooked
GTS 250ie
Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 pm quote
ScootChef wrote:
Richard H. Lemmon wrote:
ScooterChef,
I used both the Airhawk and a Sheepskin for my ride to and from AmeriVespa in New Orleans. I'm one of those riders whos butt gets sore as !!!! in less than 50 miles of riding. With the combination AirHawk + Sheepskin, riding the 75 to 100 miles between fuel stops was a breeze. And it's that breeze (well air flow really) across my butt that makes all the difference. I can ride further with Sheepskin than I can with the AirHawk. But the compo really works for me. Keep in mind that air temps on that ride were 90 to 100 degrees too.
I think a lot of people give up on the AirHawk way to soon. It took me two months and several thousand miles, to get the air pressure right. For me that is the point where my butt just ever so lightly touches the seat.

I bought the medium size Sheepskin in Deluxe version from Alaska Leather on sale a few years ago for $25 shipped, best buy in a long time.

I have lent my AirHawk to a few of my friends, and they always want to get one.

Jack
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 500
Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:32 pm quote
Well I got the Comfort Max Gel seat instead of the Airhawk and i'm regretting my decision . I'm one of those people that gets severe monkey butt usually within the first 20 miles. I'm also thinking of making the trip up north in December to get the seat customized at Russell Day Long, but until then I really need to do something to help me on my 86 mile daily commute. But i have a couple of questions. How well does the Airhawk stay put on the seat. I have to say the Comfort Max Gel seat stays in place really well while I'm riding (it's got a sticky bottom). As far as size i'm a little confused since the Comfort Seat I got is 14" by 11" and I find it a bit wide for my MP3 500 seat. The medium Airhawk most are recommending is 14" by 14". Wouldn't it hang over the front of the seat?

I noticed they have a new product - AirHawk-R motorcycle seat cushion. It's the same size as the Medium, but the center cutout runs from front to back of the cushion.
Molto Verboso
Vespa ET4

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:39 am quote
The Airhawk stays put very well. I rarely use the straps to hook it onto the seat.

The size of the medium says 14x14, but the front is tapered. That is the best size for almost all scooters. I use it on my Burgman 650 AND my Vespa ET4.

Janine
Enthusiast
Piaggio MP3 500
Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 am quote
Thanks JkerStinJ. Does it a have sticky surface on the bottom?

I happen to sit on a Burgman Exe 650 the other day while I was waiting at the Dealer and I really liked it. If I get time this weekend i'm going back for a test drive. I currently have a Piaggio MP3 500, which I love, but I also really liked the Burgman.
The Beer Guy
Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:40 pm quote
Riffraft, it has a textured rubber bottom on it. It stays put very well. I use the straps on mine but that's mostly just to secure it when the seat is open. While in use it doesn't slide around at all.

As for sizing, I use the large and it fits fine on my GTS seat. The medium and large are the same width but the large has an extra 4" in length. The taper on the front fits perfectly on a Vespa seat. On an MP3 the medium might work better because of the shape of the seat.
Enthusiast
2011 Vespa 300 GTV
Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm quote
Gtv seat...
Witch wrote:
I think I'll look into getting one of these cushions.

I've been one of the few who proudly states how much I love my GTV seat, I don't have any problems with it, etc. Then I did about 200 miles on Saturday. Ugh. Not quite enough cushioning for that. But I won't give up that gorgeous split leather seat.

I'm hoping to do at least one long trip this summer, so I'll make it a point to get one of these before I go.
I love my gtv seat to. Seems pretty comfy to me as my other bike is a sport bike. Now thats tough after an hour. My question is would one of these pads fit my gtv seat (w that little hump in the middle) as well as my Ninja rocket?
Lurker
et4
Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm quote
Airhawk
This topic is old, but in case someone's wondering about getting one, this is my experience. My husband and I both have Airhawks for the rider positions on our Moto Guzzis. I have an older Jackal and did a fly and ride to pick it up. I added a passenger Airhawk so my husband could be comfy riding pillion for the 500 mile ride home. They saved our butts on a seat that's notorious for its discomfort. We felt like we were on a living room sofa for the entire ride. The pad doesn't crush down over time like foam does on a long ride. While the straps are kind of a pain, they do install and remove quickly. You can also move it from machine to machine and take it with you if theft is a problem. I like to keep it out of the sun when I'm not using it. I don't really need it for my ET4 because most of the trips I make on it are 25 miles or under. It would definitely be a necessity for anything over that.
Molto Verboso
'05 Vespa Granturismo
Mon May 05, 2014 10:02 pm quote
I am pretty dissapointed with my Airhawk. It is NOT an inexpensive accessory. My first one leaked air from the start. It was replaced under warranty. The new one started leakng just after the warranty expired. I do not feel that I want to spend he money for anotjher new one again.
It definitely did improve my riding comfort a great deal.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Tue May 06, 2014 2:20 pm quote
Did you get the more expensive neoprene one? They can easily be mended with some neoprene adhesive.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm quote
Richard H. Lemmon wrote:
I am pretty dissapointed with my Airhawk. It is NOT an inexpensive accessory. My first one leaked air from the start. It was replaced under warranty. The new one started leakng just after the warranty expired. I do not feel that I want to spend he money for anotjher new one again.
It definitely did improve my riding comfort a great deal.
have had mine for over 2 years now and no issues, never had to add any air even after sitting int he garage all winter long.

I have the airhawk R BTW
Molto Verboso
07 LX50

Tue May 06, 2014 11:40 pm quote
I have the "R" came with 3yr warranty.Its a real lazy ass cushion .I can burn a tank of fuel now without a problem .Compared to an hour needing to stand up a minute.
Now my dirt bike seat feel like solid steel.

I'd contact Airhawk and explain your on your 3'd
Molto Verboso
LX150
Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:14 pm quote
Just posting here to say that I just rode over a thousand miles over four days on a motorcycle with an airhawk and it was astonishing how comfortable I was the whole time. It’s the only riding accessory I own that I can say has actually changed my life. Maybe I have an extra sensitive, highly developed and fussy butt, but long rides always left me almost limping in the past. This time it was like I hadn’t even been riding at the end of the day.

I did learn one thing about the Airhawk while riding in Yosemite. It works best for me with what appears to be almost no air in it, but as the day went on it seemed to be inflating itself. I’d let some air out and then a few miles down the road it would feel really bouncy again so I’d let some more out. I did this a few times and was a bit puzzled by this seeming “reverse leak” until I realized that I was constantly gaining altitude (Tioga Pass is almost 10,000 feet high) and the air pressure was dropping everywhere except inside the Airhawk. At least I knew not to suspect it of leaking on the way back down.
Lurker
'13 300 GTS Super
Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:16 pm quote
Hot weather Airhawk alternative
Hi, new member & '13 GTS owner here. I too really like my Airhawk; even with the solo sport seat I wouldn't make a long trip without it. But I do wish to give a shout-out & recommendation for the Beadrider, especially in Houston in summer: in spite of how it looks, it's hugely comfortable & lets air flow "down there", helping lessen any chance of swamp-a**. So, Airhawk for me when the temp is below 80-ish (around here, that's from around Thanksgiving til Easter) but the Beadrider for the hot/sticky stuff.
Enthusiast
2016 GTS 300
Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:03 pm quote
Hi all,
I know this thread started years ago, but a longer-term perspective is good! I bought an Airhawk large pillion (the neoprene heavy duty type) for my Moto Guzzi seat. It was great for comfort, though the air movement when cornering was disconcerting. After about 3 years of lowish use, the neoprene wore right through on both sides where my legs obviously pressed the air bubbles against each other. The holes were right down at the bottom of the bubbles, on a corner, so the repair kit wouldn't work (a 3-way corner, if you see what I mean). Some folks might think it's worth the cost every 3 years for the sake of comfort, but I didn't, so wouldn't recommend them.
Cheers,
Jim.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Reviews Previous12
[ Time: 0.2238s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0490s) ][ Debug on ]