Original motor from a low-miles barn find Vespa was disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt using factory tools with a new stock-type replacement crankshaft, bearings, oil seals, gaskets and o-rings.

Other new parts include engine swing arm buffer, SIP M8/M7 replacement cylinder studs (I repaired damaged case threads), new kickstart rubber buffers, and other stock hardware as needed. The top end, gear stack, clutch and rear brake/hub also were disassembled, inspected and reassembled. This original motor had fewer than 8,000 miles prior to being rebuilt.

Sale includes rebuilt Del'Orto SI 20/20D carburetor with all new gaskets, complete with a stock autolube type carb box. Comes with stock flywheel and what appears to be the original Ducati/Piaggio stator (double-yellow wire type), which needs to be rewired to suit the buyer's intentions for his/her particular scooter. Will supply new condenser and points with sale, if desired.

This clean motor has not seen any ethanol gas or fresh oil added since the rebuild over the winter, so it has not been re-started. It now needs very little to be installed in its new home in another scooter (it was removed from its original P125X that had frame rust.) I can supply the new stock flywheel cover, engine shroud and air bellows at additional cost with motor sale only.

$675. Local pickup in Western Massachusetts only. PM me if interested. Thanks
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text