@turboblew avatar
UTC

Hooked
"MY WIFES" 2010 GTS FASTER & BETTER ENGINEERED THAN YOURS!!

Hooked
@turboblew avatar
"MY WIFES" 2010 GTS FASTER & BETTER ENGINEERED THAN YOURS!!
UTC quote
judy wrote:
Showing my age but that instrument cluster is horrible. I like having the kind of cluster that's on my LX. When i see the new one i envision something going wrong with it and then your screwed cuz you won't know how fast your going or how much gas is left.
I remember mechanices in the 80s saying how "fuel injection" was just a fad...lol Laughing emoticon

it suprises me they just dont opt out of the display totally and kick it to the users phone! Then the dealer can blame the users phone for any problems!
UTC

UTC quote
So no elettrica models as were promised?

50cc is now also 3 valve FI right? Do dealers have tools to make them resticted/deresticted/new maps or do they only come with washer in the vario for different kind of regions and moped laws?

Nothing new from for example malossi for these 50cc FI bikes?

I personally like the anniversary brown. All tho white seat is a no-no. Trying to keep that clean.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Yes, it would be a bugger keeping that white seat clean.
UTC

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville

Banned
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
UTC quote
Who cares what the instrument panel looks like when it's "OFF" in the garage and you're in the house???
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Who cares what the instrument panel looks like when it's "OFF" in the garage and you're in the house???
True, but isn't the idea to keep the instrument panel "ON" and the scoot out of the garage as often as possible?
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
lepa wrote:
50cc is now also 3 valve FI right?
4V
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
2015 GTS 300 Super (Melody: 2015-2021, RIP), 2022 GTS SuperTech (Thelonica; bit the dust 02-22-23)
UTC quote
Dropped in at Vespa of Monmouth on the way from the train station this evening. They had a few new items in the showroom (including a GTS300 Touring in that new deep red...oh, my...). I talked with the owner about stuff he has in the pipeline, and all I'll say is that I'm kinda-sorta sworn to secrecy, but there's going to be, to quote a certain white-coated guy in the first Back To the Future, "some serious shit." (This likely coincides with Piaggio's big brass showing up for the "official" Grand Opening on June 14th.) Also met up with a guy who's an Asbury "Lifer" who just bought a 2018 GTS from them; had a nice, long convo, and I'm hoping we might hang a d ride together a bit. He loves the thing, but mentioned he's still using the half-helmet he bought when he still had his old scooter (apparently a nondescript Chinese 250). Naturally, I strongly advised he get a decent FF or modular to replace it, stat.

Looks like I may finally lose my "loneliest Vespisti in town" status sooner than expected.
⚠️ Last edited by amateriat on UTC; edited 1 time
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
Dropped in at Vespa of Monmouth on the way from the train station this evening. The had a few new items in the showroom (including a GTS300 Touring in that new deep red...oh, my...). I talked with the owner about stuff he has in the pipeline, and all I'll say is that I'm kinda-sorta sworn to secrecy, but there's going to be, to quote a certain white-coated guy in the first Back To the Future, "some serious shit." (This likely coincides with Piaggio's big brass showing up for the "official" Grand Opening on June 14th.) Also met up with a guy who's an Asbury "Lifer" who just bought a 2018 GTS from them; had a nice, long convo, and I'm hoping we might hang a d ride together a bit. He loves the thing, but mentioned he's still using the half-helmet he bought when he still had his old scooter (apparently a nondescript Chinese 250). Naturally, I strongly advised he get a decent FF or modular to replace it, stat.

Looks like I may finally lose my "loneliest Vespisti in town" status sooner than expected.
Tease.
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
amateriat wrote:
Dropped in at Vespa of Monmouth on the way from the train station this evening. The had a few new items in the showroom (including a GTS300 Touring in that new deep red...oh, my...). I talked with the owner about stuff he has in the pipeline, and all I'll say is that I'm kinda-sorta sworn to secrecy, but there's going to be, to quote a certain white-coated guy in the first Back To the Future, "some serious shit." (This likely coincides with Piaggio's big brass showing up for the "official" Grand Opening on June 14th.) Also met up with a guy who's an Asbury "Lifer" who just bought a 2018 GTS from them; had a nice, long convo, and I'm hoping we might hang and ride together a bit. He loves the thing, but mentioned he's still using the half-helmet he bought when he still had his old scooter (apparently a nondescript Chinese 250). Naturally, I strongly advised he get a decent FF or modular to replace it, stat.

Tease.
Well, y'know, that would be telling.

Also: Contrary to much of the gloom-and-doom regarding scooter sales elsewhere, VoM's problem has been blabbing about certain Vespa models before they even hit the damned showroom floor: just about every Sei Giorno that's arrived was practically pre-sold, and it hasn't been a hell of a lot better with several other models, hence the tight-lipped business. (Hasn't been a lot better with certain Royal Enfields: EVERY Himalaya in their possession was sold before it got there.) There may be other changes afoot, but all I'll say is that these guys are seriously bullish on Vespa, and they're more interested in building momentum than in making the proverbial quick buck on this one. This is truly exciting to witness at such close range.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Sounds interesting.

VERY interesting.
UTC

UTC quote
I was on the assumption that the TFT panel would be introduced only on the electric models. Have not seen info on gas models.

Unless theres an my18,5 coming.
UTC

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
AF1 Racing wrote:
here are the details with pics
Does the 50th Anniversary Primavera have the new TFT screen or will it have the "old" dashboard?
@max6200 avatar
UTC

Banned
2006 GTS 250

Banned
@max6200 avatar
2006 GTS 250
UTC quote
Sledge wrote:
Love the Vespa Yacht. I can wear my boat shoes again.
And get it on a Yacht to deserted islands to scoot the day away... Sorry my imagination runs wild sometimes 8)
UTC

UTC quote
gore-tx wrote:
AF1 Racing wrote:
Does the 50th Anniversary Primavera have the new TFT screen or will it have the "old" dashboard?
And still on this promo video of 50th anniversary primavera there is no such feature present.
UTC

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
lepa wrote:
gore-tx wrote:
AF1 Racing wrote:
And still on this promo video of 50th anniversary primavera there is no such feature present.
The video doesn't play. Would you have a link?
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
Need a link.
UTC

OP
@af1_racing avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@af1_racing avatar
UTC quote
only the Primavera S 150 "Sport" models gets the new TFT color dash

the 50th anniversary editions do not get it.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
AF1 Racing wrote:

Thank you Jesus.
@virginian avatar
UTC

Hooked
'14 Vespa 946, '18 Yamaha Xmax

Hooked
@virginian avatar
'14 Vespa 946, '18 Yamaha Xmax
UTC quote
I saw them at AmeriVespa. Honestly, they were all tasteful and stunning.
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
I have it on decent authority that some rather interesting new stuff will be showing up this Thursday (14th) when my new nearby dealer throws their "official" Grand Opening as a Vespa dealer. More on that shortly.
UTC

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150

Enthusiast
2015 Vespa Sprint 150
UTC quote
lepa wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=3AEDZmo9U6U

maybe its country restricted?
The blue Primavera is making me drool! Thanks for the video. The dashboard looks great.
UTC

UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
I have it on decent authority that some rather interesting new stuff will be showing up this Thursday (14th) when my new nearby dealer throws their "official" Grand Opening as a Vespa dealer. More on that shortly.
So what was it? A new coffee mug design exclusively for them?
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
lepa wrote:
amateriat wrote:
I'll know when I get there...leaving in about fifteen minutes to get there early. (IMO, they should have an exclusive mug...and you should see their business card.)
@happystrada avatar
UTC

Hooked
Primavera 150 (La bella Argento)

Hooked
@happystrada avatar
Primavera 150 (La bella Argento)
UTC quote
gore-tx wrote:
lepa wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=3AEDZmo9U6U

maybe its country restricted?
The blue Primavera is making me drool! Thanks for the video. The dashboard looks great.
That makes two of us
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes
UTC quote
Carbon Sprint is kinda hot
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
turboblew wrote:
judy wrote:
Showing my age but that instrument cluster is horrible. I like having the kind of cluster that's on my LX. When i see the new one i envision something going wrong with it and then your screwed cuz you won't know how fast your going or how much gas is left.
I remember mechanices in the 80s saying how "fuel injection" was just a fad...lol Laughing emoticon

it suprises me they just dont opt out of the display totally and kick it to the users phone! Then the dealer can blame the users phone for any problems!
A bit like in the new Niu?

https://electrek.co/2018/06/13/new-niu-chinese-electric-scooter/

Well OK, it does have a display too...
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

2010 GTS 300 - White

2010 GTS 300 - White
UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
lepa wrote:
amateriat wrote:
I'll know when I get there...leaving in about fifteen minutes to get there early. (IMO, they should have an exclusive mug...and you should see their business card.)
Any update?
@amateriat avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@amateriat avatar
UTC quote
ijbrekke wrote:
amateriat wrote:
lepa wrote:
amateriat wrote:
Any update?
Full story right heah: The New Dealer Grand Opening Bash

Heck of a bash, no huge reveals.
UTC

UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
lepa wrote:
50cc is now also 3 valve FI right?
4V
http://www.vespa.com/it_IT/modelli-vespa/primavera/primavera-50.html

Not according to their official site.
UTC

UTC quote
amateriat wrote:
ijbrekke wrote:
amateriat wrote:
lepa wrote:
amateriat wrote:
Any update?
Full story right heah: The New Dealer Grand Opening Bash

Heck of a bash, no huge reveals.
If you think of it. How could a new US dealer have something radical to announce that would have not leaked in yet?
@blackwasp avatar
UTC

Lurker
'11 Espresso GTV, '19 Notte GTS

Lurker
@blackwasp avatar
'11 Espresso GTV, '19 Notte GTS
UTC quote
Sales down -20%
Why are sales trending downward? It's not cheap gas, the millennials, nor the models slight changes. It's simply customer service, knowing your product and follow up. I am a new Vespa owner and never in my 50+ years of buying countless "toys" have I found it so difficult to buy a scoot. In my recent experience when visiting my local Vespa dealers, I knew more about the product (which is not much), knew what was coming out (i.e. Notte), and what colors were offered. I always got the same answer..."let me get your name, phone number, and your email and as soon as I find something out, I will contact you". I am still waiting for that contact...

I have to give Kudos to Sherman Oaks (David) and Vespa Motorworks (the entire staff), they know their stuff and their enthusiasm is contagious. Maybe the difference is they sell scoots and not Harleys, Indians etc... Vespas are amazing scooters and they are not cheap. They should not be an after thought and 10k is not going to sell itself. IMO

Happy Scoot'n!
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
Carbon Sprint is kinda hot
I LIKE those rims!!!
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Re: Sales down -20%
BlackWasp wrote:
Why are sales trending downward? It's not cheap gas, the millennials, nor the models slight changes. It's simply customer service, knowing your product and follow up. I am a new Vespa owner and never in my 50+ years of buying countless "toys" have I found it so difficult to buy a scoot. In my recent experience when visiting my local Vespa dealers, I knew more about the product (which is not much), knew what was coming out (i.e. Notte), and what colors were offered. I always got the same answer..."let me get your name, phone number, and your email and as soon as I find something out, I will contact you". I am still waiting for that contact...

I have to give Kudos to Sherman Oaks (David) and Vespa Motorworks (the entire staff), they know their stuff and their enthusiasm is contagious. Maybe the difference is they sell scoots and not Harleys, Indians etc... Vespas are amazing scooters and they are not cheap. They should not be an after thought and 10k is not going to sell itself. IMO

Happy Scoot'n!
I point the finger straight at Piaggio for their numbers being down. It's a marketing/PR issue that has led to a decrease in their brand and product awareness here in the US. It's almost as if they've dropped the ball, or just written off the US market.

Have you ever tried calling Piaggio USA's customer service department? They don't open until noon EST, and it's incredibly hard to get someone on the phone. It often just goes to voicemail.

No marketing, piss-poor communication, customer service inaccessibility, and weak incentives to dealers for carrying Piaggio products. In a time of economic prosperity here in the US (low unemployment, low interest rates, growing disposable income) - they only have themselves to blame!
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
I point the finger straight at Piaggio for their numbers being down.
The sales of other brands of scooters are down too. Doesn't the market enter into this somewhere as well?
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
UTC quote
It seems like the younger crowd and the crowd who want a light under 200cc toy like ride are buying the crap out of the Honda Grom and its Kawasaki equivalent lately.
⬆️    About 7 months elapsed    ⬇️
@mingo avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300 SuperSport ABS

Hooked
@mingo avatar
GTS300 SuperSport ABS
UTC quote
AF1 Racing wrote:

Now that we're in 2019, is there any info from Vespa in regards to the new GTS300 series, and specifically the GTS300 Super Tech? Availability in US/Canada? Thanks!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1726s ][ Queries: 43 (0.1299s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]