Rear wheel stuck
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Lurker
Mp3 500
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 am quote
Hi guys,
Iím trying to replace the rear tire on my mp3 500 but somehow the clamp looks stuck on the rear axis.

I already all the nuts and bolts, the front part of the clamp is moving fine, but the rear part seems stuck.

Am I missing anything? Any recommendation?

image.jpg

Addicted
Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:50 pm quote
The inner race can stick to the axle through corrosion. Leave it soaked in penetrating oil for a day. Make sure you have removed all of the fastening on the support plate including the small ones which attach to a lightweight bracket on some models. If you put the nut back on the axle stub backward and leave it just proud of the end of the axle you can tap the axle end with a hammer while applying some outward force to the support. I emphasize tap not clout! Its better to use a blunt ended punch on the end of the axle but this needs three hands. As a last resort you could use heat but then it would be necessary to replace the bearing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:42 am quote
I personally disagree with tapping on the axel,

areo kroil penatration fluid is the best.

use a 3 jaw puller to pull the swing arm off. make sure you clean the bearing and the axel of all the corrosion and lube it with some good axel/bearing grease before reinstalling.

http://www.kanolabs.com
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:01 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
I personally disagree with tapping on the axel,

areo kroil penatration fluid is the best.

use a 3 jaw puller to pull the swing arm off. make sure you clean the bearing and the axel of all the corrosion and lube it with some good axel/bearing grease before reinstalling.

http://www.kanolabs.com
areo kroil rocks!!!!

Find another penetrating oil that has a money back guarantee
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.3759s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0895s) ][ Debug on ]