OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 500CC LT SPORT TOURING

Lurker
Piaggio MP3 500CC LT SPORT TOURING
UTC quote
Hi I own a 14 plate MP3 500CC LT SPORT TOURING

I was out on it earlier with no issues however tonight just out the blue all dash lights and brake lights switched on WITHOUT the keys being in the ignition. I disconnected the battery for overnight and will have a look in the morning. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm far from being a mechanic. I am disabled and this is my main means of getting around. My nearest Piaggio dealer is a 90 minute ride from home.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Did you try starting it again with the key, then switching it off again? I'm guessing that the ignition switch contacts were stuck, or possibly if your MP3 has an alarm that flashes the lights then that triggered accidentally. Switching it on and off may clear the fault.
UTC

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco

Hooked
Gilera Fuoco
UTC quote
Do you have any after-market accessories or customisations fitted?

Just thinking that the original wiring may have been disturbed or re-routed at some time.
@lowoncash avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3

Enthusiast
@lowoncash avatar
MP3
UTC quote
First thing to do is check both fuse banks under the seat and on left floorboard.

Mike
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0336s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0095s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]