Driven pulley-Vespa 200GT
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Vespa 200GT
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 pm quote
Good morning, forgive me if this has been covered before but I’m in need of expert advice.
I acquired my 2004 Vespa 200GT as a ‘project’ and the vari & clutch we’re in a box of bits. The clutch was built up and looks ok. My questions are these:-

There is about 5mm of ‘in-out’ movement on the shaft from the reduction box-is this normal?

When the clutch is fitted to the shaft and cover Fitted the nut is then fitted and torqued up against the bearing inner race-this seems strange to me because any movement in that shaft will put stress on the bearing-in the parts diagram that I’ve been looking at it looks like there is a bearing (483261) behind the clutch that acts as a spacer. However I purchased this bearing and it doesn’t fit!

I suppose what I’m asking is do I need a spacer or does the clutch just fit on the shaft-am I over analysing the clutch on shaft arrangement?

Thank you for any help or clarity you can give me regarding this.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:08 am quote
Re: Driven pulley-Vespa 200GT
bunglesmith wrote:
Good morning, forgive me if this has been covered before but I’m in need of expert advice.
I acquired my 2004 Vespa 200GT as a ‘project’ and the vari & clutch we’re in a box of bits. The clutch was built up and looks ok. My questions are these:-

There is about 5mm of ‘in-out’ movement on the shaft from the reduction box-is this normal?
Yes.
Quote:
When the clutch is fitted to the shaft and cover Fitted the nut is then fitted and torqued up against the bearing inner race-this seems strange to me because any movement in that shaft will put stress on the bearing-in the parts diagram that I’ve been looking at it looks like there is a bearing (483261) behind the clutch that acts as a spacer. However I purchased this bearing and it doesn’t fit!

I suppose what I’m asking is do I need a spacer or does the clutch just fit on the shaft-am I over analysing the clutch on shaft arrangement?

Thank you for any help or clarity you can give me regarding this.
There should be a spacer (thick washer) between the clutch assembly and the transmission case. Part no. 274246. Without this you'll crack the transmission case...

See parts diagram at:
http://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/Vespa/GT125%20GT200%20Euro2/
Lurker
Vespa 200GT
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am quote
Thank you Jimc-I knew it had to be something obvious but it just wasn't obvious to me!! If it had been me who'd stripped it in the first place I may have remembered.

Hopefully now I can get all the bits back together and the scooter mot'd just in time for the summer to be over!!

Thanks again.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1322s ][ Queries: 24 (0.0220s) ][ Debug on ]