[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...91011
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:04 pm quote
Husband brought himself home a chocolate shake... didn't bother to think I might like one too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, S 150, GTS 250
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:23 am quote
The high wind probability between 40-60 mph today.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am quote
Re: Bald
Bill Dog wrote:
Men who use hair colour.

It's always a colour that never exists in the real world.

You're fooling no one, especially me.

Just stop it you vain vain people.

Bill x
Live and let dye
Addicted
2014 GTS 300ie
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:50 am quote
Last weekend 20° (68F) and did some nice touring on the Wasp. This weekend will be 8° (46F). Where the f has spring gone?!
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:10 pm quote
Frivolous lawsuits by petty little people.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:30 pm quote
FlandersWasp wrote:
Last weekend 20° (68F) and did some nice touring on the Wasp. This weekend will be 8° (46F). Where the f has spring gone?!
I would like to personally apologize to all of your currently experiencing s--t weather; that, I'm afraid, is clearly on me.

On Saturday, March 23rd, at approximately 6:00 Pacific Time, after nearly a full week of stunningly beautiful, sunny spring weather, I unloaded a brand new motorcycle...

...and it's been butt-ass cold and dumping rain ever since.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:57 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
FlandersWasp wrote:
I would like to personally apologize to all of your currently experiencing s--t weather; that, I'm afraid, is clearly on me.

On Saturday, March 23rd, at approximately 6:00 Pacific Time, after nearly a full week of stunningly beautiful, sunny spring weather, I unloaded a brand new motorcycle...

...and it's been butt-ass cold and dumping rain ever since.
Thanks, Tom.

Anytime you want to call off the dogs is fine with me.
Hooked
2016 LXV 150 ie, 2009 GTS Super, 1978 Vespa P125
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:56 pm quote
Coworkers that drag out the work all day and then whine when it’s almost quitting time and we still have product to deal with... our management has increased line speed which means that 10 per minute has become more like 12+, I am not impressed either but I am NOT going to work as slow as possible so others of our 4 person crew have to do more of the work...
Yes, there is a reason I recently got a ‘really great employee’ award, which not only got my photo taken and posted on some board it also got me a $50 gift card and any ‘box of meat’ I chose, no price/value/weight limit on that 1, 72+ lbs of prime pork is now in my freezer! But I am still very glad I don’t have to deal with 2 of the other 3 all weekend long!!!
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 pm quote
This.

notredame.jpg

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 pm quote
Yes, Stickyfrog I think all here no matter their faith or nationality have a strong sense of loss from something like this!
Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm quote
A friends suicide. Having gone on the ride to the service and seeing the people left behind. Only child, 35 yrs old, single. And seeing his mom do absolutely devastated and the tight knit scooting family. No signals or anything. Such a selfish act. It was the only ride that was absolutely depressing and it hurts every time I think on it.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 am quote
OK, this is probably not pissing me off too much....

I sent the dogs out to the fenced yard to enjoy the sunshine. And then headed to the driveway to get a box out of my truck. As I'm walking away from the house, I feel something moving behind me, and I turn to see a brown blur.

Biki had escaped from the side yard (under the fence) and then sneaked back into the house via the front door.

That dog can be stealthy!

Now I need to fix the bottom of the fence. And whatever you do, please don't tell my wife, she'll kill me!
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:42 am quote
Took me over an hour to go a few KM's... You can shut this city down for it seems anything and in the summer it is almost every feaken' weekend!... Sikh new year or something like that so they have the major arteries going through the downtown core shutdown. Me and 2 other guys on bikes filtered through the mess. If I was in a car it would be a 2 hour delay...
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (SOLD)
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:54 am quote
Karma?
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 am quote
The idiot truck driver (Bigger Chevy) who looked and saw the Trimph Dakota rider and Me start rolling into the intersection as we had a green light. He blew through and barely braked on the right hand turn. The Triumph had to accelerate and switch into the left lane to avoid getting hit.

Then the rider looked back at the driver and shook his head. The truck driver then sped up to catch the rider, run him over?! Unsure but it was obvious that he accelerated to catch up to the bike.
Ossessionato
Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:52 am quote
waspmike wrote:
Karma?
Huh? For what? Why would you say that?

I was actually returning from doing a favour for a fellow MVer. He was not able to supply a Vespa as he was out of the province and someone he cared about wanted a Vespa for an important event. I went an hour out of my way to drop it off for 2 hours while people celebrating a special occasion would have a beautiful Italian scooter to be in some of the pictures. I asked nothing in return.

So again.. why would I have bad karma? Sometimes I don't understand some of the things you say or why.

If you actually read the boards you would know my dad just died. Enough bad karma for you? I obviously upset you , my guess is the scooter girl picture thread being shutdown.
Hooked
2006 LX 50
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:49 pm quote
I ordered a new headlamp bulb for my LX. I was being cheap, and it was the middle of winter, so I saved a couple dollars by ordering it through Ebay from the lowest priced seller in Latvia. How long could it possibly take, right?

It was ordered February 20th. This morning the mailman left a tag on my mailbox because I wasn't home to receive the $11 bulb I've been waiting on for 72 days.
Ossessionato
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 am quote
Well it just keeps coming.

I really hope it comes in 3s. My best friend came home Saturday to find his dog had passed away. She was 13 and old but still pretty healthy. Then I find out someone I worked with and was close to slipped and fell on the ice. Blood clot got to his brain and it got no blood flow for over 40 minutes. They are pulling the plug today. 2 small children and he was the main bread winner.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Wed May 08, 2019 11:23 pm quote
List
OK, It's going to feel really churlish to top that that but here we go.

Any household that has LOVE on bold letters on the wall when it's really obvious that it left that place years ago.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Wed May 08, 2019 11:45 pm quote
Repeat
And there will always be a special place for people who were sunglasses in doors.

I'm not going to forgive that.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Thu May 09, 2019 1:31 am quote
Re: Repeat
Bill Dog wrote:
And there will always be a special place for people who were sunglasses in doors.

I'm not going to forgive that.

Bill x
I'll admit I am sometimes guilty of this terrible sin. My sunglasses are prescription and I don't have my regular glasses with me (say in the bike) I am pretty blind without. Actually more so I get a headache.
Molto Verboso
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Fri May 10, 2019 2:18 am quote
Crappy web systems backed up by foreign call centres
I had a water bill last month - it directed me to their web site where I simply had the option of either paying the full amount or half. It all looked quite simple so I pressed half. A month or two later I get a final demand for £14 with threats of cut off etc??? I go back to the web site and there's no option to pay the £14 and certainly no explanation of where this amount came from. Just the buttons for paying in full or half.

I then tried their help number which takes you to a call centre somewhere on the Indian sub continent where you always get someone who's trying their best to learn English on the job. After half an hour of slowly repeating everything you say you just just hang up and try later. It seems to be a game of lucky dip but you come away wondering whether you have a speech impairment. Finally today I managed to get someone who could both speak English and who knew what they were doing. I was quite impressed but he spoilt it all by asking "if I'd like to go to metered payment?".

It's a fair question so I asked how much I'd be paying using the metered service but he could't say. I asked what a ball park figure might be for a family but again he couldn't say. What about an average of just my road, he still couldn't say. His was still asking whether I wanted to go ahead when I hung up.

What sort of imbeciles create these systems?
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Fri May 10, 2019 7:27 am quote
The jerk that yelled either "You ride like a bitch" or "Your ride is a bitch" or something like that to me the other day. The riding like a bitch potential comment affects me more. But what does a bitch ride like?! Most women riders I know are better than the male riders I know...

Yesterday, a guy got pissed at the car que and drove down a lightrail train lane. I shook my head at him and he mouthed "Fuck You" and as the light turned green I motioned for him to proceed as the lightrail lane crossed the actual car lane. He rolled down his window and then again yelled at me Fuck you and to Fuck off. Note the Northbound part of the road also has a lightrail train lane AND it can be used by cars as indicated by the broken lines marking the lane. The Southbound lanes are ONLY 1 car lane and the solid line demarking ONLY trains in the other lane.

Damn it, lack of sleep and forgetting to take my meds before I left for work. Dumbshit is renting space in my brain today.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri May 10, 2019 10:15 am quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
The jerk that yelled either "You ride like a bitch" or "Your ride is a bitch" or something like that to me the other day. The riding like a bitch potential comment affects me more. But what does a bitch ride like?! Most women riders I know are better than the male riders I know...

Yesterday, a guy got pissed at the car que and drove down a lightrail train lane. I shook my head at him and he mouthed "Fuck You" and as the light turned green I motioned for him to proceed as the lightrail lane crossed the actual car lane. He rolled down his window and then again yelled at me Fuck you and to Fuck off. Note the Northbound part of the road also has a lightrail train lane AND it can be used by cars as indicated by the broken lines marking the lane. The Southbound lanes are ONLY 1 car lane and the solid line demarking ONLY trains in the other lane.

Damn it, lack of sleep and forgetting to take my meds before I left for work. Dumbshit is renting space in my brain today.
Every time I drive down to CA to visit friends and family I vow to never, ever, again drive down to CA.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri May 10, 2019 10:17 am quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:

Every time I drive down to CA to visit friends and family I vow to never, ever, again drive down to CA.

I love those people, but not enough to die.

Or kill.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Fri May 10, 2019 12:40 pm quote
Sacramento already had bad drivers...well poor driving (A native sacramentoean will cut you off and then go slower than your current rate of speed). The last year or two we've had an influx of transplants enter the area mainly from the Bay Area. It's getting worse.

Honestly I was just glad that a cop wasn't around or the train I saw literally 2 minutes before that came northbound wasn't already headed southbound.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 pm quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
(A native sacramentoean will cut you off and then go slower than your current rate of speed).
Funny, this just happened to me today, in southern Wisconsin.
Hooked
bv350, Brutale 910
Fri May 10, 2019 3:07 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
:shrug: rode all week to work on the BV. Didn't die. Didn't get cut-off once. I mean one lady almost did but I used the horn then she apologized.

pissing me off today II? #tradewar and how these twats worked 3 hours this morning, and then all got back onto their planes and said meeting adjourned cause.. Friyay?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri May 10, 2019 3:13 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
(A native sacramentoean will cut you off and then go slower than your current rate of speed).
Where did you find a sacromentoean in SE Wisconsin?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Fri May 10, 2019 3:20 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
Well, to be fair, I've been there so it's OK for them to come here.
And it's just plain southern Wi, being all central and all.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri May 10, 2019 5:49 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
Well, to be fair, I've been there so it's OK for them to come here.
And it's just plain southern Wi, being all central and all.
[Rustles map] Oh....
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Sat May 11, 2019 1:22 am quote
For the past.. however long, I've been reading Elettrica as Elettrita and only just realized the other day when I saw a picture of one in the wild that it did not have a third 't' in there.
Stupid brain!
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Sat May 11, 2019 3:18 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
waspmike wrote:
Karma?
Huh? For what? Why would you say that?

I was actually returning from doing a favour for a fellow MVer. He was not able to supply a Vespa as he was out of the province and someone he cared about wanted a Vespa for an important event. I went an hour out of my way to drop it off for 2 hours while people celebrating a special occasion would have a beautiful Italian scooter to be in some of the pictures. I asked nothing in return.

So again.. why would I have bad karma? Sometimes I don't understand some of the things you say or why.

If you actually read the boards you would know my dad just died. Enough bad karma for you? I obviously upset you , my guess is the scooter girl picture thread being shutdown.
I read it as a weak attempt at humour as Karma is a prevalent theme in Sikhism. Only Mike will know for sure.....
Hooked

Sat May 11, 2019 6:45 pm quote
On a $3100, Piaggio Liberty: shipping, dealer prep, and registration cost over $1200.
eeee-bip
Sun May 12, 2019 11:56 am quote
Muscle
Whenever an automotive manufacturer uses the term DNA in it's advertising.

That's very annoying.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed May 15, 2019 6:22 am quote
Well, not a major thing, but just got a call from someone who's going to help me take down a tree in my yard. Supposed to be tomorrow, where good weather would be helpful. Of course the greatest chance of rain all week is then.

So he's telling me he just watched the weather and it may rain in the morning, expecting it to be good in the afternoon.

I just checked the weather channel which told me morning was fine, chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. WTF? Can't they even get close?
Addicted
LXS 150
Wed May 15, 2019 9:24 pm quote
tonyc wrote:
tdrake wrote:
:shrug: rode all week to work on the BV. Didn't die. Didn't get cut-off once. I mean one lady almost did but I used the horn then she apologized....

Up the L.A. "Harbor Gateway" shoestring four days a week and twice on Tuesday for the last couple of years. Sometimes on the 150S, usually on one or the other of my Burgmans.

Should I be surprised to still be among the living?

Probably could count the number of times I've been cut-off during my commute on my hands and maybe be able to do a proper sterophonic "read between the lines" rude gesture. I probably wouldn't, though -- not my style.

To be fair, I'm laid-back about it: brake-and-evade and let it go. Might have encountered some driver inattention or discourtesy that simply didn't register...
2019 Spring Gathering - May 16 - 19, Location TBD (Likely Maggie Valley, NC)   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...91011
[ Time: 0.6911s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1397s) ][ Debug on ]