[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...1112131415Next
Author Message
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: 21 Jun 2016
Posts: 192
Location: Irving, TX
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 am quote
I'm pissed off that my manager wanted to make sure I thanked her manager for approving the raise they gave me: $0.75/hour. The last raise I got was 5 years ago. This raise doesn't even bring me even with inflation since my last raise.

But hey, at least I got a raise. Most people in the company didn't get one. The company's raise policy is on a case-by-case basis, and the employee pretty much has to request it. And the company owner has to approve it. We have 30 locations nationwide, and probably over 1000 employees. Is that really the best use of his time?
Enthusiast
Piaggio Lt 150
Joined: 14 Feb 2017
Posts: 52
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:24 am quote
I'm pissed off that my utterly reliable Piaggio LT150 has decided to get a cold, and now sputters along like an old man on life support--and it's been so good up to now!

Even worse, the shop might be backed up for two weeks. Two weeks?!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:59 am quote
monogodo wrote:
I'm pissed off that my manager wanted to make sure I thanked her manager for approving the raise they gave me: $0.75/hour. The last raise I got was 5 years ago. This raise doesn't even bring me even with inflation since my last raise.

But hey, at least I got a raise. Most people in the company didn't get one. The company's raise policy is on a case-by-case basis, and the employee pretty much has to request it. And the company owner has to approve it. We have 30 locations nationwide, and probably over 1000 employees. Is that really the best use of his time?
No, it isn't the best use of their time. As someone that owns a (admittedly much smaller) company I make sure that the profits are shared. The better we do the better I pay and bonuses are very common. I just had one client contract go up 12K/year and is a client I primarily take care of myself. I'm still taking about 4K of that and distributing it to my backup tech for this client as he will have to do a bit more work for other clients as I will need to spend a little (not much) more time on this client. I'm also not greedy and all I wanted on this increase was for it to pay for my newest toy (Ural) . Funny thing is this client fully knows that every time I buy a new bike the contract is going up so it's sort of a running joke. Yes, they have been growing so the increases are fair and they know that.

What it really comes down to is I've learnt the people that work hard for you and share the profits you get very and I mean very loyal employees that will bust their asses for you as they know you that you care and appreciate their contributions. They will even work when off the clock if something comes up and it helps the company. A lot of IT companies expect that from the their employees and don't compensate for it. That disgusts me as I came out of that world and promised myself I would never treat employees that way. When I was the senior consultant for a consulting firm I had to fight hard for every raise and once or twice it came down to the 11th hour where I had to say I would resign if I did not get the raise I requested. I had a very good idea how much money I was bringing in and I was always fair in what I asked for.
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 2085
Location: London
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:53 am quote
That sounds very commendable Harbinger and it's a shame all companies aren't run the same way.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:56 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
monogodo wrote:
I'm pissed off that my manager wanted to make sure I thanked her manager for approving the raise they gave me: $0.75/hour. The last raise I got was 5 years ago. This raise doesn't even bring me even with inflation since my last raise.

But hey, at least I got a raise. Most people in the company didn't get one. The company's raise policy is on a case-by-case basis, and the employee pretty much has to request it. And the company owner has to approve it. We have 30 locations nationwide, and probably over 1000 employees. Is that really the best use of his time?
No, it isn't the best use of their time. As someone that owns a (admittedly much smaller) company I make sure that the profits are shared. The better we do the better I pay and bonuses are very common. I just had one client contract go up 12K/year and is a client I primarily take care of myself. I'm still taking about 4K of that and distributing it to my backup tech for this client as he will have to do a bit more work for other clients as I will need to spend a little (not much) more time on this client. I'm also not greedy and all I wanted on this increase was for it to pay for my newest toy (Ural) . Funny thing is this client fully knows that every time I buy a new bike the contract is going up so it's sort of a running joke. Yes, they have been growing so the increases are fair and they know that.

What it really comes down to is I've learnt the people that work hard for you and share the profits you get very and I mean very loyal employees that will bust their asses for you as they know you that you care and appreciate their contributions. They will even work when off the clock if something comes up and it helps the company. A lot of IT companies expect that from the their employees and don't compensate for it. That disgusts me as I came out of that world and promised myself I would never treat employees that way. When I was the senior consultant for a consulting firm I had to fight hard for every raise and once or twice it came down to the 11th hour where I had to say I would resign if I did not get the raise I requested. I had a very good idea how much money I was bringing in and I was always fair in what I asked for.
Back when I started my current job at what was then a WEB Hosting Company (Now we are a Data Center Company) the employees shared 5% of the company profits. There were only 7 employees and profits were around $800,000 a quarter.
Then the Venture Capital Company bought us a the bones went away to be updated.
Well two years later they implemented a really crappy bonus program that only gave each employee around $1500 a year as opposed to around $4,500 a quarter.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
monogodo wrote:
I'm pissed off that my manager wanted to make sure I thanked her manager for approving the raise they gave me: $0.75/hour. The last raise I got was 5 years ago. This raise doesn't even bring me even with inflation since my last raise.

But hey, at least I got a raise. Most people in the company didn't get one. The company's raise policy is on a case-by-case basis, and the employee pretty much has to request it. And the company owner has to approve it. We have 30 locations nationwide, and probably over 1000 employees. Is that really the best use of his time?
No, it isn't the best use of their time. As someone that owns a (admittedly much smaller) company I make sure that the profits are shared. The better we do the better I pay and bonuses are very common. I just had one client contract go up 12K/year and is a client I primarily take care of myself. I'm still taking about 4K of that and distributing it to my backup tech for this client as he will have to do a bit more work for other clients as I will need to spend a little (not much) more time on this client. I'm also not greedy and all I wanted on this increase was for it to pay for my newest toy (Ural) . Funny thing is this client fully knows that every time I buy a new bike the contract is going up so it's sort of a running joke. Yes, they have been growing so the increases are fair and they know that.

What it really comes down to is I've learnt the people that work hard for you and share the profits you get very and I mean very loyal employees that will bust their asses for you as they know you that you care and appreciate their contributions. They will even work when off the clock if something comes up and it helps the company. A lot of IT companies expect that from the their employees and don't compensate for it. That disgusts me as I came out of that world and promised myself I would never treat employees that way. When I was the senior consultant for a consulting firm I had to fight hard for every raise and once or twice it came down to the 11th hour where I had to say I would resign if I did not get the raise I requested. I had a very good idea how much money I was bringing in and I was always fair in what I asked for.
Back when I started my current job at what was then a WEB Hosting Company (Now we are a Data Center Company) the employees shared 5% of the company profits. There were only 7 employees and profits were around $800,000 a quarter.
Then the Venture Capital Company bought us a the bones went away to be updated.
Well two years later they implemented a really crappy bonus program that only gave each employee around $1500 a year as opposed to around $4,500 a quarter.
That's shitty and it's sad it seems to be a pretty common story.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 19 Nov 2018
Posts: 118
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:51 pm quote
I'm pissed that a LED bulb stopped functioning after 270 miles and the dealer is busting my chops about replacing it.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 2422
Location: Lock Haven, PA
Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:16 pm quote
Ugh, realtors.....

Selling my house... have a "stager" coming tomorrow to tell me that I am doing it all wrong. I'm painting the electric blue room my son insisted he had to have. Primer and two coats to hide the darned blue. Argh!

But I shouldn't be complaining, I am making some nice coin here, and the next house will be less than half the cost of this one.... all in after renovations.

I think HGTV ruined it for all of us sellers. Everyone seems to want perfection in a mass produced 50 year old house. Nobody seems to want to see a little "needs paint" kind of work. A crew of monkeys put this place together, and I'm amazed that it's still standing after all this time.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:33 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
Ugh, realtors.....

Selling my house... have a "stager" coming tomorrow to tell me that I am doing it all wrong. I'm painting the electric blue room my son insisted he had to have. Primer and two coats to hide the darned blue. Argh!

But I shouldn't be complaining, I am making some nice coin here, and the next house will be less than half the cost of this one.... all in after renovations.

I think HGTV ruined it for all of us sellers. Everyone seems to want perfection in a mass produced 50 year old house. Nobody seems to want to see a little "needs paint" kind of work. A crew of monkeys put this place together, and I'm amazed that it's still standing after all this time.
Was a painter, your best bet, no primer. First a coat of good quality White paint, then two coats of whatever color you want in a cheap contractor paint since you are selling.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 2422
Location: Lock Haven, PA
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:51 am quote
Here in suburban Boston, we insist on either Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paint... sigh.

And now, since buyers have neither imagination nor painting skills, my entire house is Fifty Shades of Grey. Today's color is called "Paper White" a shade of grey similar to unused newsprint.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:57 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
Here in suburban Boston, we insist on either Benjamin Moore or Sherwin Williams paint... sigh.

And now, since buyers have neither imagination nor painting skills, my entire house is Fifty Shades of Grey. Today's color is called "Paper White" a shade of grey similar to unused newsprint.
Both great paints. I love the Sherwin Williams Emerald Paint, thick as a good milkshake, goes on thick and has a really smooth finish that helps repel dirt from sticking. That is my go to when painting outside. But get at the 40% off sales because retail is $80 a gal.
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 2085
Location: London
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:06 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
I'm painting the electric blue room my son insisted he had to have.
Years ago there used to be a series of soft porn films called electric blue. At the time, I worked in banking during the day and did comedy on stage in the evenings. After a show we'd often go to a late night bar and have a couple of drinks. One night the conversation turned to the electric blue porn series and it turned out, of the 10 or so folks around the table, 4 had been "featured" in the series. I made a mental note to start reviewing the sort of people I was hanging out with.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:55 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
Ugh, realtors.....

Selling my house... have a "stager" coming tomorrow to tell me that I am doing it all wrong. I'm painting the electric blue room my son insisted he had to have. Primer and two coats to hide the darned blue. Argh!

But I shouldn't be complaining, I am making some nice coin here, and the next house will be less than half the cost of this one.... all in after renovations.

I think HGTV ruined it for all of us sellers. Everyone seems to want perfection in a mass produced 50 year old house. Nobody seems to want to see a little "needs paint" kind of work. A crew of monkeys put this place together, and I'm amazed that it's still standing after all this time.
Yup. When I'm not home it's what my wife has in in the background almost all the time. I just laugh when I see the price of some of the places and many are very large houses. For 300K you can't buy a studio/bachelor condo in Toronto even in the outskirts. Yet somehow they can buy a huge house do massive renos and sell it for 300 and make a profit? I also think it's set a creates a warped view for people that want to get in to "flipping" properties.
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Joined: 18 Mar 2013
Posts: 2422
Location: Lock Haven, PA
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:08 am quote
I think some of the Toronto based shows travel to the USA to get the lower priced houses.... I know the "Brothers of Property" have been in the south east USA for some shows.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:50 am quote
I suck at firing clients. EVERY TIME I try and drop a client they apologize for being hard to work with or rude to my team and say they will not do so in the future. If I try and drop a client by raising the rate a pretty damn good amount they always agree to pay it :-\

So now I'm in the position where we have too much work but not enough steady too much work for me to hire someone. So it'll be lots of monthly bonuses and hopefully no one (including me) burns out.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 am quote
Having to post notes like this because regular labels sometimes just don't work.

163B29D6-35F4-4E39-AFBF-74EF25917401.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 am quote
We have don't use these outlet notes in places in the Data Center. They are not worded so nicely though.
DO NOT PLUG ANYTHING INTO THIS F****** OUTLET!!!!!

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:13 am quote
Medical bills
Getting some statements from my ankle fracture in February (really? does it take FOUR months to process this stuff?)...

The ER wasn't all that bad, surprisingly....though one does have low expectations.

My follow-up with the orthopedist on the other hand.... ca. $350 to take off my brace, look at the ankle and X-rays and tell me to stay off of it for a month.

Then, $1800 for "surgery."

Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

For all you smug ferriners who might think this is inefficient and crazy expensive, I remind you that we have the Best Heathcare in the World (TM)!
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 37424
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:18 am quote
Pissed off with the stupid, insane English Real Estate market system. Background, I'm selling a two-storey flat for a ground floor one in the same block.

Completion was meant to be tomorrow, then moved to the 21st next week as one party couldn't do the 14th, then we hear today that the mortgage broker for the person at the bottom of the chain put the wrong details in the mortgage application (described the property as freehold instead of leasehold). No problem you might think, but apparently the whole mortgage application has to be re-done which will probably mean completion won't be until the 28th. I fly home to CA on the 27th...

WTF it can't be done as in Scotland (sealed bids) or the US where chains don't seem to exist.
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3892
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am quote
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:32 am quote
Had my BV windscreen off with a cracked plastic fastener. Got that sorted, then was short a mounting screw. Couldn't figure out how i could lose it, but stuff happens.

So, just went to the hardware store, happy they had a replacement. Get back to work, chuck it in the baggie I'd had all the other pieces in.....and noticed three screws already in the bag. I'd never lost it. I'd spent my pre-breakfast time searching every place and pocket it might have been in, and swear I'd counted screws in the baggie more than once.

While I'm at it....two nights ago I'm taking my airbox off, find out that somehow one of the large mounting screw's head was stripped. Crap...worse yet, it's recessed several inches.

Off to the hardware store to search for a screw extractor....half hour later I'm home (with the encouragement from the manager there that they've worked at least 20% of the time... ). He did suggest that getting rid of the head might leave enough shaft to put a Vice Grips on....

Get home, look the situation over, and notice a screw shaft sticking out the opposite side a couple of inches. Decide it can't be "that" screw-it would be too easy. I decide drilling off the head might be the best move after all. Get the box off.....and, yep, that shaft belonged to my screw.

If there's any good news, I'm still in the game and have everything I need to reassemble, so there's that.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:22 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
But you can get a deal if you are not in a hurry
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3892
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:47 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
But you can get a deal if you are not in a hurry
I don't know how things are where you live, but I've bought two homes from banks - one short sale, one bank-owned - and they were pretty much at market value. The banks knew what they were worth and they didn't seem to be in any great hurry to sell them.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
But you can get a deal if you are not in a hurry
I don't know how things are where you live, but I've bought two homes from banks - one short sale, one bank-owned - and they were pretty much at market value. The banks knew what they were worth and they didn't seem to be in any great hurry to sell them.
Niece bought a house $200, most houses in the area are in the $400 range. She put $50,000 into the house and her last appraisal was for over $400. Did lots of work, but for a $250 investment she has a $400 house
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3892
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:38 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
But you can get a deal if you are not in a hurry
I don't know how things are where you live, but I've bought two homes from banks - one short sale, one bank-owned - and they were pretty much at market value. The banks knew what they were worth and they didn't seem to be in any great hurry to sell them.
Niece bought a house $200, most houses in the area are in the $400 range. She put $50,000 into the house and her last appraisal was for over $400. Did lots of work, but for a $250 investment she has a $400 house
I'm assuming you meant $200k and $400k.

Putting $50k into a house to make $150 somehow doesn't compute.

It sounds like someone coming back from Las Vegas:

"I won $500 at the blackjack table!"

"How much did you lose?"

"Let's not talk about that."

Last edited by mpfrank on Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
Joined: 29 Apr 2018
Posts: 688

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:12 pm quote
I was wondering about thatmyself.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:01 am quote
Dropped bits
Reassembling my GTS plastic, I found out that one of the spring clips for a glovebox screw decided to yield itself to gravity. Rather than disassemble the whole thing, went for a replacement, which delayed things for a whole day.

Putting the headset cover on last night, lost not one, but two screws into the bowels of the scooter. The second one after stuffing a rag into the horncast opening (it found the small one instead! ).

Guess doing this stuff when you're tired isn't a great idea for one thing. I think they should sell boxes of assorted fasteners for DIY wrenchers...I think they'd be popular. No washers though, I have a couple that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
Jim,

Don't ever try to buy a property in the U.S. on a short sale. Each delay (and there will be many) is for one month.
But you can get a deal if you are not in a hurry
I don't know how things are where you live, but I've bought two homes from banks - one short sale, one bank-owned - and they were pretty much at market value. The banks knew what they were worth and they didn't seem to be in any great hurry to sell them.
Niece bought a house $200, most houses in the area are in the $400 range. She put $50,000 into the house and her last appraisal was for over $400. Did lots of work, but for a $250 investment she has a $400 house
I'm assuming you meant $200k and $400k.

Putting $50k into a house to make $150 somehow doesn't compute.

Yes $200K and $400k

Find me a house or lot, (NOT in Detroit) for that price and will buy as many as I can.

It sounds like someone coming back from Las Vegas:

"I won $500 at the blackjack table!"

"How much did you lose?"

"Let's not talk about that."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:20 am quote
Ugh, G Suite is having issues with calendaring.. I think we have about 6 clients that run on Google Apps. I believe it's been a little while since Google has had a major outage.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:52 am quote
Got the Cardo Slim installed on my Helmet, updated the software this morning and did some changes to setting.
Now I what to change some of the setting and there DAMN website is down.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 37424
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm quote
Re: Dropped bits
fledermaus wrote:
Reassembling my GTS plastic, I found out that one of the spring clips for a glovebox screw decided to yield itself to gravity. Rather than disassemble the whole thing, went for a replacement, which delayed things for a whole day.

Putting the headset cover on last night, lost not one, but two screws into the bowels of the scooter. The second one after stuffing a rag into the horncast opening (it found the small one instead! ).

Guess doing this stuff when you're tired isn't a great idea for one thing. I think they should sell boxes of assorted fasteners for DIY wrenchers...I think they'd be popular. No washers though, I have a couple that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.....
Strongly magnetic screwdrivers are required! Good hint for your next birthday or Christmas presents.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:17 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Got the Cardo Slim installed on my Helmet, updated the software this morning and did some changes to setting.
Now I what to change some of the setting and there DAMN website is down.
The app at least on iOS lets you make pretty all the same changes you can from the web portal. Just check as on iOS there are 2 official apps and only one really works. I think it's the Cardo Connect app that works but I can't test right now as my Cardo helmets are in the storage cage in our parking spot.

I'm sure Android has the same apps.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7107
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:31 pm quote
It was a permission on my phone that ended up needing changing, not the Cardo. God Technology is a blessing and a curse.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:41 pm quote
Re: Dropped bits
jimc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Reassembling my GTS plastic, I found out that one of the spring clips for a glovebox screw decided to yield itself to gravity. Rather than disassemble the whole thing, went for a replacement, which delayed things for a whole day.

Putting the headset cover on last night, lost not one, but two screws into the bowels of the scooter. The second one after stuffing a rag into the horncast opening (it found the small one instead! ).

Guess doing this stuff when you're tired isn't a great idea for one thing. I think they should sell boxes of assorted fasteners for DIY wrenchers...I think they'd be popular. No washers though, I have a couple that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.....
Strongly magnetic screwdrivers are required! Good hint for your next birthday or Christmas presents.
Apparently "strongly" is the operative word. Either that or glue the screw to the driver.
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3892
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:32 pm quote
Re: Dropped bits
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Reassembling my GTS plastic, I found out that one of the spring clips for a glovebox screw decided to yield itself to gravity. Rather than disassemble the whole thing, went for a replacement, which delayed things for a whole day.

Putting the headset cover on last night, lost not one, but two screws into the bowels of the scooter. The second one after stuffing a rag into the horncast opening (it found the small one instead! ).

Guess doing this stuff when you're tired isn't a great idea for one thing. I think they should sell boxes of assorted fasteners for DIY wrenchers...I think they'd be popular. No washers though, I have a couple that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.....
Strongly magnetic screwdrivers are required! Good hint for your next birthday or Christmas presents.
Apparently "strongly" is the operative word. Either that or glue the screw to the driver.
And, as a side benefit, you will always be able to adjust that screw anywhere you go!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:21 pm quote
Re: Dropped bits
mpfrank wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
jimc wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Reassembling my GTS plastic, I found out that one of the spring clips for a glovebox screw decided to yield itself to gravity. Rather than disassemble the whole thing, went for a replacement, which delayed things for a whole day.

Putting the headset cover on last night, lost not one, but two screws into the bowels of the scooter. The second one after stuffing a rag into the horncast opening (it found the small one instead! ).

Guess doing this stuff when you're tired isn't a great idea for one thing. I think they should sell boxes of assorted fasteners for DIY wrenchers...I think they'd be popular. No washers though, I have a couple that seem to have appeared out of nowhere.....
Strongly magnetic screwdrivers are required! Good hint for your next birthday or Christmas presents.
Apparently "strongly" is the operative word. Either that or glue the screw to the driver.
And, as a side benefit, you will always be able to adjust that screw anywhere you go!
And a firm kick makes it available for the next project!
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2697
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:45 pm quote
Hitched up the trailer to go to Lake Geneva early in the morning. Lights don't work. Some critter has been chewing on the wiring! And I'm getting too tired to work on it much longer tonight.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8519
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:16 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Hitched up the trailer to go to Lake Geneva early in the morning. Lights don't work. Some critter has been chewing on the wiring! And I'm getting too tired to work on it much longer tonight.
Oh, crap.

Hopefully you get a surge of energy tomorrow morning.

Gosh, at this rate, I think I'll be the last one there!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5284
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:59 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Hitched up the trailer to go to Lake Geneva early in the morning. Lights don't work. Some critter has been chewing on the wiring! And I'm getting too tired to work on it much longer tonight.
Oh, crap.

Hopefully you get a surge of energy tomorrow morning.

Gosh, at this rate, I think I'll be the last one there!
Good luck! You'll beat me for sure, wish I was going
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 16579
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:04 am quote
Empty
327 miles ?

Is that all ?

Bill x
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...1112131415Next
[ Time: 0.5710s ][ Queries: 27 (0.1979s) ][ Debug on ]