[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...151617
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:42 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Attila wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Attila wrote:
I still don't understand what this topic is ...
That must be extremely aggravating.
... maybe I don't have the right mentality ...
Does that piss you off?
After two stents ..? Hard to piss me off ...No Harb ... I learned self-control with tibetan mental disciplines.
Oh this pissed of train has officially derailed.... We need some pissed of people here or we're in trouble.
I agree, now i begin to understand ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:15 pm quote
Attila the three wheeled freak wrote:
After two stents ..? Hard to piss me off ..
Challenge accepted!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:22 pm quote
I'm pissed off that apparently it takes some people a good 16 months to figure out that a forum pisses them off.

There are a bunch of people that have knotted knickers within a few weeks of joining, I'm good with that.

Seriously, I've grown rather fond of this forum.

Now carry on with your endless discussions of dogs, cats, caravans, Urals, razors, sheds, bicycles, rocketry, photography and the like.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
I'm pissed off that apparently it takes some people a good 16 months to figure out that a forum pisses them off.
The welcoming committee really need to up their game.
Addicted

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:46 pm quote
Or people who cannot tolerate an opposing vuewpoint.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125 "Bean Alley" Kymco AK550 The War to end all Wars
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:53 pm quote
Stamp
I think that your view is pretty narrow minded.

It takes less more effort not to open a thread than it does to read it so if you don't find the title enticing don't open it.

It's a bit like going into strip joint and complaining that the sports channel is on.

Just ignore it.

Bill x

Last edited by Bill Dog on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:20 pm quote
znomit wrote:
Challenge accepted!
I'm pissed off because finally the racing car that carries my last name has won
eeee-bip
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:40 pm quote
Name
Well done Simon Toyota.

Bill x
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:46 pm quote
Attila wrote:
znomit wrote:
Challenge accepted!
There's a racing car called "the Hun"?
Molto Verboso
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:30 pm quote
mpfrank wrote:
Attila wrote:
znomit wrote:
Challenge accepted!
There's a racing car called "the Hun"?
No ... but Ferrari yes...
eeee-bip
Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:40 pm quote
Peach
Didn't anyone else see that coming ?

Bill x
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:51 pm quote
The paltry selection of metric hardware in US big box hardware stores. I'm really sick of it. Infuriating every time I go to look for something and the drawers are either so disorganized from people putting things back wrong spots, or nothing actually being restocked, or empty bags that people have stolen things out of.

In 2019 why must we suffer this concept that americans only need a very limited selection of M6-M10 hardware, or that its acceptable to stock little baggies with 4 metric washers for 5x the price? Why can't I find an M12 flanged nut (or insert any other generic metric hardware that doesn't fit this limited concept of need in america) within driving distance?

This is why I shop on amazon so much. Actual stores don't stock shit!

BTW, I think I'm the only person who actually pays for any of this crap, given the regularity with which there are empty bags looted left in drawers. I regularly point out nuts and washers that the cashiers forget to charge me for (guilty conscience).

Oh and another thing! Don't even get me started on self checkout. I tried to do it at Home Depot the other day cause they had one actual cashier with a huge line. I was buying nuts and bolts figuring I could just type in the letter codes like they do at the cash registers. Nope. the OS doesn't allow you to do it, so I called the attendant over and asked them to help, then she berated me for going to self checkout with nuts and bolts cause I was distracting her from watching for people trying to walk out without paying as if it was my fault. I said "not my fault, your being paid to stand here and help self checkout customers. that's all im asking you do to. And by the way, your company is essentially forcing me to do an employees job for myself cause they only ever have one person running registers at all times. So be pissed off at them for not building their operating system to allow me to do someone elses job efficiently."
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:26 pm quote
swiss1939 wrote:
The paltry selection of metric hardware in US big box hardware stores.
I don't know if Ace Hardware exists where you are, but around here it's THE go-to place for metric nuts'n'bolts. Also, Harbor Freight has all its tools in both metric and SAE (where that's important) - except, strangely, for drill bits.

Finding a tape measure with metric on it is very hit and miss though.
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:28 pm quote
jimc wrote:
swiss1939 wrote:
The paltry selection of metric hardware in US big box hardware stores.
I don't know if Ace Hardware exists where you are, but around here it's THE go-to place for metric nuts'n'bolts. Also, Harbor Freight has all its tools in both metric and SAE (where that's important) - except, strangely, for drill bits.

Yeah I buy all my metric tools from Harbor Freight, but the nuts and bolts are hit or miss everywhere near me. Regularly, my search for metric hardware involves driving 30 min away to the big Home depot, then stopping at 4 places all the way back home checking each one to see if each has what I am looking for. Lowes tends to be the better of the options for my location, but again its very limited selection not regularly stocked. There is one or two Ace Hardware but they are not very popular around here and are much smaller. I will try to check it out, but my luck with smaller mom and pop hardware stores is equally depressing.

EDIT: correction. there is 1 Ace Hardware anywhere near me.
Molto Verboso
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:45 pm quote
... I wonder if anyone who has an HD here has the same problem ...
I will ask it to a she friend who has an HD 883 Iron ... but the women here do not deal with mechanics or maintenance of vehicles, often they do not even know how to inflate the tires and my is not maschilism; they drive only.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:57 pm quote
I arrived home last night, parked in the garage, took off my helmet & gloves, & went to check the mail. Went back in, and started to unwind from the day.

20-30 minutes later, my wife arrives home and asked me about the tree limb in the yard. I had no idea what she was talking about. So we went outside and discovered a tree limb had fallen from the pecan tree in the front yard, and had bounced off the roof.

I filed an insurance claim with the State Farm app, while my wife checked and learned that there was no rain forecast for the next 7-10 days.

(story to be continued in things that make me happy thread)

Tree Front.JPG

Tree Branch.JPG

Roof Hole.JPG

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:06 pm quote
jimc wrote:
I picked up three of them for a dollar apiece at IKEA.
Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:34 pm quote
Got rear ended today. Nothing dramatic, the plastic guard is flexible, and a bent number plate.
Molto Verboso
Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:15 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
jimc wrote:
Buy the one with double scale (meters and inches), I use it because in us the irrigation systems are in inches.

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:26 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
jimc wrote:
Good info.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:44 am quote
monogodo wrote:
I arrived home last night, parked in the garage, took off my helmet & gloves, & went to check the mail. Went back in, and started to unwind from the day.

20-30 minutes later, my wife arrives home and asked me about the tree limb in the yard. I had no idea what she was talking about. So we went outside and discovered a tree limb had fallen from the pecan tree in the front yard, and had bounced off the roof.

I filed an insurance claim with the State Farm app, while my wife checked and learned that there was no rain forecast for the next 7-10 days.

Don't throw that away, find someone that wants the wood for smoking.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:58 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
monogodo wrote:

Don't throw that away, find someone that wants the wood for smoking.
My neighbor took it.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 pm quote
The good news? I got cleared for gout... Ain't nobody that wants to get that nasty condition. The bad news... I have a bone bruise on my left foot. It's been going on for a few months now and taking forever to heal. The pain is absolutely insane and not much that can be done about it but ice, rince, repeat. I have another condition that has me on pretty serious pain medication that helps but still barely touches it and that is saying a lot about the level of pain here. Again happy it's not gout but man this sucks...
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...151617
[ Time: 0.5079s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0960s) ][ Debug on ]