[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...18192021Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:58 am quote
Woke up with no water. Let for the office and 2 fire trucks and pilons closing the road off southbound. Came back 6 hours later, still no water. Massive condo development is taking occupancy next to us. Coincidence???

This city HAS to upgrade it's damn infrastructure before allowing massive developments. Seriously you have to live in the downtown core to get a sense of just how much is going up. This btw is coming from someone that makes a good chunk of their income from a lot of these developments. My company manages one of the largest (maybe the largest) residential architect firm in the city and a large property developer plus other architects and the largest architectural rendering shop. I'd gladly give up a little income to not have to deal with service outages and traffic hell.

Not to mention this weekend on top of all this crap there was another "run for the something" . It's a freaken marathon and or walkathon. It doesn't have to be in the downtown core of one the largest cities in North America! Hell I'm sure the burbs have roads.... These events shut down major roadways for hours and hours and getting from one end of the city to the other is never easy to begin with. Mind you nothing will ever compare to the G20 summit. I've never seen our parking garage so empty, most people just left town. The summit was just up the street from us. They even removed all the landscaping rocks from the property and Nygard's HO in Canada which you can see out my window has a huge we stand united banner with a US flag. They had to cover it up with a generic ad for the G20.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 am quote
robinm wrote:
Had a delivery for some protective padding today. The padding is for my new electric unicycle. So why am I pissed off? The package was delivered by a lady who lives 2 roads away and she found it in her garden. I'm guessing Royal Mail weren't living up to their high standards that day.
You get tornadoes out there? Even little ones?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:28 pm quote
Grrrr.
My sister.

So got the relatively good news on my mom's cancer (which actually made me happy), passed the verdict around to my wife and sister as soon as I could. My sister is out of state on vacation so texted her. Her response was questioning my mother's choice of treatment (mastectomy vs. lumpectomy/radiation), that she should get a second opinion, and several other concerns. She said she didn't know of anyone around her who'd opted for mastectomy......

When you're just celebrating relatively good news, it's like a wet blanket on your party. My mom was quite clear on her decision, trusted the doctor (as did I), so all of this intense doubt was pretty distressing. FWIW, she's kind of like this....convinced my mom to switch cardiologists years ago because she simply didn't like him. Mom thought he was fine (maybe because he looked like George Clooney), and I'd consulted with him briefly too and he didn't trouble me, so not sure what the issue was.

So on the hour drive home from the day with my mother, my phone is rattling with text messages...I was a bit afraid of what I'd see, and I was right. Another barrage of texts, how "mom should get home health care", a cleaning lady, get set up with post mastectomy supplies and even watch YouTube videos of post-mastectomy care. Finally, asked if she could put it off until after the holidays. Started to type out my answer to that with a "F#%k no" but thought better of it.

Anyway, calmed down enough to give an adult response, like, "mom's got this" and pointed out that the surgeon expressed nothing to cause any of her concerns. Felt pretty proud of myself for not telling her to calm the f*#k down. It's been a hard enough time, and a long day and I just needed to settle down with the facts of the day.

I'm sure she's feeling a bit out of control being far away, but she could trust a bit more. All this is complicated as she's my big sister and I've never quite pulled myself out of the little brother role...

Sigh.
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm quote
Sister 2

... the opposite happens to me ...
I'm the major...and i have the command and control of everything.
But it is equally difficult to make people understand how things are going, my father (who died 4 years ago) told my sisters that i also had the balls to do things responsibly but as often happens, when he was no longer alive there are There have been misunderstandings due to some of my (apparently correct) seemingly nasty decisions then with right results ... but i suffered.
Sigh.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:40 am quote
Attila wrote:
Sister 2

But it is equally difficult to make people understand how things are going, my father (who died 4 years ago) told my sisters that i also had the balls to do things responsibly but as often happens, when he was no longer alive there are There have been misunderstandings due to some of my (apparently correct) seemingly nasty decisions then with right results ... but i suffered.
Sigh.
Family issues can get pretty, er, interesting. What I've been amazed at for years is how badly things can go when a parent dies, especially the last one. Seems like everyone behaves in a predictable way until the funeral, after which all hell breaks loose. I don't know if it's grief, guilt or whatever, but a lot of unexpected things come up. Sad...people should be grieving.

I'm thinking that to a milder degree you don't actually have to die, just have a stressful situation and people have a hard time being their best. It's certainly not easy being in charge of decisions as someone always seems to have a better idea.
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 am quote
Such
I've just had the very kind of thing that your'e speaking of happen to me.

You have my sympathies.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:28 am quote
Yup, families can be fun. I've recently had to deal with my own share of it. Fortunately and in some ways unfortunately I'm not very close to my family. TBH I think I have a closer relationship with some members of MV than I do my own family...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:48 am quote
Thanks, guys...

You know, it's hard enough dealing with crises, seems it shouldn't be equally hard dealing with family drama, but seems to come with the territory.

Sometimes my initial pre-adolescent dream of being a cowboy in Wyoming has real appeal...

Last edited by fledermaus on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 am quote
My biggest problem is that I was alone and with my mother who is 82 years old and begins to lose memories ...
I have, as you know, some physical problems but up until now I have managed but I feel that my strength is leaving me; they also diagnosed me with stress and depression and only my extreme rationality (fussiness?) keeps me anchored in life.
You are nice people and all of you contributed in every way to fill part of my thoughts, having an empty mind corrodes the soul, my grandfather used to say.
Part of my other friends are partly moved away and someone has already passed away ... I must say that in the last few years I have been to many, too many ... funerals. I am sorry to make these speeches but I do not have with whom to share them; today I went with the scooter to make a trip to the sea (it was 28 ° C), it was very nice and quiet and driving and meditating calmed me.
Again, sorry ... I let myself be transported ...
Molto Verboso
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Thanks, guys...

You know, it's hard enough dealing with crises, seems it shouldn't be equally hard dealing with family drama, but seems to come with the territory.

Sometimes my initial pre-adolescent dream of being a cowboy a cowboy in Wyoming has real appeal...
You have all my understanding ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:06 am quote
Attila wrote:
fledermaus wrote:
Thanks, guys...

Sometimes my initial pre-adolescent dream of being a cowboy a cowboy in Wyoming has real appeal...
You have all my understanding ...
Wow, I wanted to be a cowboy so bad I wrote it twice.

And thanks. Yeah, you've been through a lot. You got to wonder sometimes......
Hooked
GTS 300
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:20 am quote
Hey there Atilla;

Getting out for a ride , walk, run , drive , what ever is a great way to sort yourself out.

If it warms up a little more today I'm going out for a "Sanity" loop on my Vespa.
Great therapy IMHO.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:29 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Thanks, guys...

Sometimes my initial pre-adolescent dream of being a cowboy in Wyoming has real appeal...
Personally I'm thinking about moving to Montana and raising up a crop of dental floss.

Reminds me, Dweezil is playing TO, need to buy tickets.
Molto Verboso
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:46 am quote
DandyDoug wrote:
Hey there Atilla;

Getting out for a ride , walk, run , drive , what ever is a great way to sort yourself out.

If it warms up a little more today I'm going out for a "Sanity" loop on my Vespa.
Great therapy IMHO.
Thanks...you can also use my name which is Attilio or the surname that is the one with the prancing black horse on a yellow background...
Meaning of name Attilio:
Male name deriving from the Latin noble 'Atilius', originated from Etruscan and of unknown meaning. However, there are numerous theses which support the connection with the Latin terms Atto and Atta with which grandparents were called and also the crooked feet indicated. In history there has been a famous character carrying this name, it is Marco Attilio Regolo, consul and Roman commander during the First Punic War. It is known for the legend told by Titus Livius: taken prisoner in Africa, he was then sent to Rome to convince his fellow citizens to ask for peace, which he did not, since he incited him to continue the conflict, which cost him many torture and finally death. The name day occurs on June 28 in memory of Sant'Attilio, soldier and martyr.
PS: I did military service in the genius of the army railway ...
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Attila wrote:
Sister 2

Sigh.
Family issues can get pretty, er, interesting. What I've been amazed at for years is how badly things can go when a parent dies, especially the last one. Seems like everyone behaves in a predictable way until the funeral, after which all hell breaks loose. I don't know if it's grief, guilt or whatever, but a lot of unexpected things come up. Sad...people should be grieving.

I'm thinking that to a milder degree you don't actually have to die, just have a stressful situation and people have a hard time being their best. It's certainly not easy being in charge of decisions as someone always seems to have a better idea.
We family therapists call these times "intensifying experiences". Yes, unpredictable bad things can come to the surface, but so can unknown or hidden strengths.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:39 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Family issues can get pretty, er, interesting. What I've been amazed at for years is how badly things can go when a parent dies, especially the last one. Seems like everyone behaves in a predictable way until the funeral, after which all hell breaks loose.
Guess I was lucky, it that can be said about loosing both parents in about two years. Dad went first then about two years latter mom.

Can't recall one real problem at all settling things up. Might be because there was not really much of value to cause grief about for any of use three kids. If any problems they were from the in-laws and to my way of thinking pretty minor!

I like to believe most of the way things were handled was due to the upbringing the three of us had!
Molto Verboso
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:55 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
We family therapists call these times "intensifying experiences". Yes, unpredictable bad things can come to the surface, but so can unknown or hidden strengths.
... I don't know if the family therapist exists in Italy, I don't think ... lately there is too much violence here in this country and many families kill each other.
I want to tell you that Italy is not a happy place, it is full of contradictions and under a thin layer bad feelings boil; this is also why various religious movements are on the rise and Italian politics is prey to anarchy. People do not know what to do, they do not have a guide, they look for it and they give themselves to the first who find them like those who live and cling to the first trunk they find!
I'm afraid when I go out and go to the city, everything seems quiet even bucolic but no ... it's not paranoia, it's like before a storm when the air is full of electricity.
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:38 pm quote
Attila wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
... I don't know if the family therapist exists in Italy, I don't think ... lately there is too much violence here in this country and many families kill each other.
I want to tell you that Italy is not a happy place, it is full of contradictions and under a thin layer bad feelings boil; this is also why various religious movements are on the rise and Italian politics is prey to anarchy. People do not know what to do, they do not have a guide, they look for it and they give themselves to the first who find them like those who live and cling to the first trunk they find!
I'm afraid when I go out and go to the city, everything seems quiet even bucolic but no ... it's not paranoia, it's like before a storm when the air is full of electricity.
Yes, intensifying experiences can exist in society as well. Sometimes called "interesting times".

Family therapy does exist in Italy. One example: http://nuke.itff.info/

There is also a history of family therapy. I remember reading about Selvini Palazzoli in shrink school in the early 80s.

"There are two influential interventions developed in Italy to address family difficulties. The first is that developed by Mara Selvini-Palazzoli in the early 1970s, known and studied in Italy and abroad as the ‘Milan Systemic Approach’ (Selvini-Palazzoli, 1975 Selvini Palazzoli, M., Boscolo, L., Cecchin, G. & Prata, G. (1975). from the bottom “Paradox and counter-paradox. A new model of family therapy in families with schizophrenic transaction. Milano: Feltrinelli. [Google Scholar]). The second is the family psycho-educational intervention, which in Italy has been adopted in the treatment of schizophrenia, major depression and bipolar disorder, disseminated in Italy starting from the research experience of the universities of Napoli, L’Aquila and Milan. Studies carried out in these universities have demonstrated the effectiveness of these interventions in reducing family burden, lowering relapse rates and improving social outcome in schizophrenia."
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.3109/09540261.2012.656306
Molto Verboso
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:10 pm quote
Thanks Mpfrank, it's also very interesting for someone like me who isn't in this subject.
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:18 pm quote
Gone
Hell, I lost both my parents in the same 5 weeks.

That pulls you up a bit sharpish.

I honestly did not see that coming.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:53 pm quote
At this point, I think that if we lived on the parts of mpfrank he would have complicated customers to follow.
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:29 am quote
Re: Gone
Bill Dog wrote:
Hell, I lost both my parents in the same 5 weeks.

That pulls you up a bit sharpish.

I honestly did not see that coming.

Bill x
About same for my wife, she lost here mom something like 30 years ago. Dad did remarry and then step-mom died and her dad attended the wake and that night was admitted to hospital and he passed only a few weeks latter.

Wife's step brother and sister basically did not want to have anything to do with our family after that once personal possessions were split up and wife still feels she only got part of what was he dad's stuff. At least the two that passed had kept most of their finances and houses separate so there was little need for anything of that nature.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 pm quote
Opposite here.

At my Fathers funeral my big sister gets up and addresses my step mother(none of us kids had been in meaningful contact with him or her for 10 years): “Now that he’s dead we’re happy to have you as part of the family”.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:28 pm quote
Spare bits
I know having leftover parts after reassembling something is a bit of a cliche, but dammit, it happened again.

Took off plastic panels and loosened the pet carrier on my BV350 to reattach a loose seat release cable, replaced a missing bolt and put everything back together....and still have two bolts left in my tray. I disassembled things again expecting to see some overlooked gaping bolt holes, but I can't. WTF? Going to leave it apart tonight, and have another look tomorrow. If I can't figure it out, it's going back together and I'll throw the bolts in the toolbox. I'll just have to warm folks to not ride too close behind me.

The irony is that I'd been a bit more anal than usual and labelled most of the screws and some of the bolts just to avoid confusion.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:37 pm quote
Post a picture of the bolts and maybe we can tell you where they belong.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:43 pm quote
Edit: Found it!!
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Post a picture of the bolts and maybe we can tell you where they belong.
Thought about that....not sure anyone was game. Too late tonight, but stay tuned tomorrow! Thanks!

Edit: What the heck....here we go:

20191028_214520.jpg

Last edited by fledermaus on Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:22 am quote
Well being shoulder bolts(screws) they must hold on something plastic or else they go through a grommet.

Sorry can't be much more help than that.
Hooked
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 am quote
The bloody weather... That's what's pissing me off big time!
Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 pm quote
Had the scooter booked in for a service, to coincide with the loan bike being available so I can get to work. Arrived at the shop but the loan bike was given to someone else. I left with my scooter disappointed. Not sure what to do now.
Hooked
GTS 250, LX 50, and Falcon 200
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:26 pm quote
Midnight Rider is gone. Disappeared. I used to enjoy his posts. I got to meet him in Abilene Texas a few years ago. I can still remember his winning smile. That's what's pissing me off today. Where is he?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:37 am quote
Max6201 wrote:
Midnight Rider is gone. Disappeared. I used to enjoy his posts. I got to meet him in Abilene Texas a few years ago. I can still remember his winning smile. That's what's pissing me off today. Where is he?
I have some really bad news Max.

You might want to sit down.

This isn't going to be easy to hear.

Maybe get a drink.

He's worse than gone. He's hanging out in the MP3 forum.
MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:23 am quote
znomit wrote:
Max6201 wrote:

Maybe get a drink.

So sad.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:58 am quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
znomit wrote:
Max6201 wrote:

Maybe get a drink.

So sad.

Where did we go wrong?
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:34 am quote
So
I was in contact with him a few weeks ago and I saw him on line a few days back.

Bill x
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:11 am quote
Small stuff but my small laptop, a Surface Go, was advertised as having 9 hours battery life. Now the thing's less than a year old yet the battery life has dropped down to 3 hours. Contacted amazon seller and they seem to imply that's normal. I'm fairly sure that's not the case. Will pursue through Amazon but on an item that's 11 months old and well used I'm not sure if I'm being unrealistic in asking for a replacement. Fairly sure they can't swap the battery.
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:13 am quote
Big
Buy a Chrome book.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:19 am quote
robinm wrote:
Small stuff but my small laptop, a Surface Go, was advertised as having 9 hours battery life. Now the thing's less than a year old yet the battery life has dropped down to 3 hours. Contacted amazon seller and they seem to imply that's normal. I'm fairly sure that's not the case. Will pursue through Amazon but on an item that's 11 months old and well used I'm not sure if I'm being unrealistic in asking for a replacement. Fairly sure they can't swap the battery.
"Well used" would be their arguing point The more cycles a battery goes through the less it will perform so to speak. It also of course depends on what you are doing. I have a Surface Pro that is about 2 years old and 3 hours is roughly what I get out of it, maybe a little more. For really long battery life I find iPad best but my 2019 MacBook Pro is pretty good and will generally get me through a day at a client if I forget my power adapter.

Check your background processes, something may be sucking up power.

What's pissing me off today is we have a client that just merged with another larger company that has in house IT. So in a few months that is a 67K loss in revenue. May have to lay someone off
eeee-bip
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:27 am quote
Plug
The part in the Miss Dior advert when Natalie Portman says "Prove it" when her numbskull boyfriend says I love you.

At that point I'd be getting in my Prius and making a B-Line for the nearest artisan coffee shop and ordering myself a skinny latte.

You're a selfish cow.

Goodbye.

Bill x
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 am quote
Chrome book: I quite like chromebooks but I do a lot of software development and the chrome environment isn't great for development. I really loved the battery life on all the chromebooks I had though. The surface go was bought to replace a flip chromebook that one of my sons took off me.

Well used: It's in a reasonable condition but it's just used more than my other laptops. The thing is, if a product is advertised as having 9 hours battery life, then shouldn't it have that? even if only for the warranty period? If it drops by a 2/3 each year then it will be almost unusable in another year. I did look into replacing the battery myself but it appears it's a sod to open the unit and parts are all glued rather than screwed in place.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:14 pm quote
robinm wrote:
Chrome book: I quite like chromebooks but I do a lot of software development and the chrome environment isn't great for development. I really loved the battery life on all the chromebooks I had though. The surface go was bought to replace a flip chromebook that one of my sons took off me.

Well used: It's in a reasonable condition but it's just used more than my other laptops. The thing is, if a product is advertised as having 9 hours battery life, then shouldn't it have that? even if only for the warranty period? If it drops by a 2/3 each year then it will be almost unusable in another year. I did look into replacing the battery myself but it appears it's a sod to open the unit and parts are all glued rather than screwed in place.
Oh you gotta know there are *'s all over the battery life conditions. More power to you if you can get anything out of this but you're fighting an uphill battle.
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...18192021Next
[ Time: 0.2049s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0552s) ][ Debug on ]